PDA

View Full Version : Completed 1St Mission From PH To Japan.

walsh2509
03-22-2007, 03:14 AM
Completed 1St Mission From PH To Japan.

12 Ships for 36,500t
02 Aircraft.1-Zero 1-Betty

Now I don't know if you have to patrol the gird with the star and binoculars for a set time? I got on station 27th Dec 1941 after setting out fron PH on the 10th Dec 1941. About the 10th/11th of Jan the star changed colour from gold/yellow? to grey time to head home.

And not soon enough , I was out of torps and shells. I sank 4 ships with torps and 4 with my deck gun, it was 8 in all with the gun but 4 were fishing boat 2t each.

#One of the larger ships was a 5,000t Freighter, now this was dead of night only the stars the light the sea. I'm on the bridge and on my 10 is the freighter, boom! 1st shell hits her side midships, boom! the 2nd hits her deck and when it did! the whole thing expolded in a fireball. She was either carrying ammo or fuel.

It still 3/4 torps per ship, even a 3,000t'er took 3 torps to sink her.

Couple of things I noticed..

When the warning comes up of a ship, options Engage/Maintain Course/Dive to Pscope depth .. I clicked the Pscope one and the menu didn't disappear, you hear the dive command but nothing happened. I did this a few times and still the menu would not go, when I clicked Maintain course the menu disappeared.

On getting back to PH, I got a Campaign Star and 1 for the crew and 3 service medals and 3 promotions. On the board was my score, but when I looked in my log on my desk, it said No Patrol ??? I just completed the 1st one?

While I'm here , what is the single photo on the desk for? the one next to the crew. I click the crew and get taken into the crews page but when I click on the single photo, it just clicks and nothing happens, does it do anything.

Reality 73% , not used to manual targeting I will have to do a few test runs with it, and I have map contacts on.

One thing , anyone! on manual targeting I did give it a little go when I was in deck gun school. I did so as the ship was not moving, I don't know if it was because we were both facing the same way only 500metres apart, but when I brought the image down to line up with the ship to get the range. It gave the ranger as 9000??

walsh2509
03-22-2007, 03:14 AM
Completed 1St Mission From PH To Japan.

12 Ships for 36,500t
02 Aircraft.1-Zero 1-Betty

Now I don't know if you have to patrol the gird with the star and binoculars for a set time? I got on station 27th Dec 1941 after setting out fron PH on the 10th Dec 1941. About the 10th/11th of Jan the star changed colour from gold/yellow? to grey time to head home.

And not soon enough , I was out of torps and shells. I sank 4 ships with torps and 4 with my deck gun, it was 8 in all with the gun but 4 were fishing boat 2t each.

#One of the larger ships was a 5,000t Freighter, now this was dead of night only the stars the light the sea. I'm on the bridge and on my 10 is the freighter, boom! 1st shell hits her side midships, boom! the 2nd hits her deck and when it did! the whole thing expolded in a fireball. She was either carrying ammo or fuel.

It still 3/4 torps per ship, even a 3,000t'er took 3 torps to sink her.

Couple of things I noticed..

When the warning comes up of a ship, options Engage/Maintain Course/Dive to Pscope depth .. I clicked the Pscope one and the menu didn't disappear, you hear the dive command but nothing happened. I did this a few times and still the menu would not go, when I clicked Maintain course the menu disappeared.

On getting back to PH, I got a Campaign Star and 1 for the crew and 3 service medals and 3 promotions. On the board was my score, but when I looked in my log on my desk, it said No Patrol ??? I just completed the 1st one?

While I'm here , what is the single photo on the desk for? the one next to the crew. I click the crew and get taken into the crews page but when I click on the single photo, it just clicks and nothing happens, does it do anything.

Reality 73% , not used to manual targeting I will have to do a few test runs with it, and I have map contacts on.

One thing , anyone! on manual targeting I did give it a little go when I was in deck gun school. I did so as the ship was not moving, I don't know if it was because we were both facing the same way only 500metres apart, but when I brought the image down to line up with the ship to get the range. It gave the ranger as 9000??