PDA

View Full Version : WHY?????

auditore_th1984
03-18-2010, 12:16 PM
Why do you have to have a permanent internet connection to play AC2 on the pc? I am honestly extremly angry because some of the pc gamers, as in myself, and others, must go to public places to get internet to use because we live in places where we cant receive it, so therefore we cant play the game. After AC2 and AC3, i will more than likely never buy another Ubisoft game again, because apparently you dont trust customers. I will have to go and pay for internet just to play ONE game. No amount of extra content can make up for it. Thanks for screwing us, Ubi.

Gekkibi
03-18-2010, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by auditore_th1984:
Why do you have to have a permanent internet connection to play AC2 on the pc?

Originally posted by EGY_STARS:
Why Ubisoft has done this

People who think that this is about preventing piracy of a specific game are missing the BIGGER PICTURE.

Ubisoft is testing a new platform for game delivery (think: Steam).

This is NOT about piracy, as much as it is about maximizing revenue.

If your game is tied to your online account, you are no longer in possession of the game.

The game cannot be resold.

It cannot be given as a gift.

You cannot buy a game from a different platform (think: Half-Life 2).

You cannot lend it to a friend.

If you can only play the game while online, Ubisoft is in complete control of how and when you use the game you bought.

In the future, it enables them to implement whatever pricing structures they feel like.

They can even charge you per save if they want to.

What Ubisoft could have done differently

If Ubisoft had more concern about you their customers, they would have implemented fall-back mechanisms. For example, forcing online saving and pausing the game when the connection is lost was unnecessary. IT DOES NOT MAKE THE GAME EASIER TO CRACK. Instead, the game could easily pause at the next checkpoint. However, it was not their objective to create a worthwhile gaming experience. Their objective was to BETA-TEST THE MOST RESTRICTIVE FORM OF DRM POSSIBLE to see how easily users will adopt it.

ShiroixD
03-18-2010, 01:15 PM
OH MY <span class="ev_code_RED">***EDIT***</span> GOD STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT THAT GOD DAMN DON'T YOU SEE HOW MANY POST ARE ABOUT THIS U PC PLAYERS GOT ME SICK EVERYTIME I GO IN HERE DRM THIS DRM THAT JUST SHUT UP MAN AND BUY A CONSOLE INTEAD.... SIGH!

drfathertime
03-18-2010, 01:36 PM
You do realize that posting with caps lock on renders your argument moot... right?

VampireFrost
03-18-2010, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by ShiroixD:
OH MY <span class="ev_code_RED">***EDIT***</span> GOD STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT THAT GOD DAMN DON'T YOU SEE HOW MANY POST ARE ABOUT THIS U PC PLAYERS GOT ME SICK EVERYTIME I GO IN HERE DRM THIS DRM THAT JUST SHUT UP MAN AND BUY A CONSOLE INTEAD.... SIGH!

Well then play your game and stay off the forums and you won't see us complain about it.