PDA

View Full Version : P-51D 4.0m

Snuffly
06-14-2005, 06:50 PM
Today, I entered war clouds, and decided to try out the P-51 with the 4.0. Well at first I didnt notice a difference... but then I realized it was hard to go over 450kmh, it stalls easier... doesnt seem to have as much power... and there's something else about it, that just isnt right. Even in high altitudes, it doesnt fly right.

Plz post your thoughts of the P-51D with the 4.0

AerialTarget
06-14-2005, 07:06 PM
How do you know it isn't right? I suspect it wasn't right before! The P-51 was pretty easy to stall in real life, although the stalls weren't terribly vicious.

VF-29_Sandman
06-14-2005, 07:28 PM
stalls easy it does. proper trim with easy stick movements u must. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

Bearcat99
06-14-2005, 07:38 PM
What Yoda said.......

Chuck_Older
06-14-2005, 07:48 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/10.gif
wasn't this a concern in one of the last patches? You just got used to it being that way.

RedDeth
06-14-2005, 08:29 PM
snuffly i havent got the patch yet but i believe i know why your flying slower now. rudder trim is a necessity in this patch and you need to re trim at different speeds. if your not doing this you will fly slower now as torque and such is modelled now. your actually probably crabbing sideways if your not trimming . and this will slow you down

HauptmannCrunch
06-14-2005, 08:49 PM
Aha...
...I thought my Joysticks were crapping out.

Thanks for the tip.

Snuffly
06-14-2005, 08:58 PM
hmmm thx u, i never really trimmed much in the past... but hey, i think i'll start trimming.

3.JG51_BigBear
06-14-2005, 09:14 PM
The P-51 is now bar none my favorite plane in the game. I think the flight model is extremely well done. Its flight characteristics jive so well with pilot accounts and the necessity for smooth control inputs makes for very flowing dogfights. I think its great.

SithSpeeder
06-14-2005, 10:49 PM
ane in the game. I think the flight model is extremely well done. Its flight characteristics jive so well with pilot accounts and the necessity for smooth control inputs makes for very f
Hmmm. I tried it for about 30 minutes last night in QMB. What I found very distracting was this...well, pendulum type motion from left to right, seemingly when I was not giving any rudder inputs. It was kinda like a gentle sway back and forth, back and forth.

Although I am not a "real life pilot", it felt weird. Otherwise, takeoff was fine (I used 85% power and a bit of rudder...no trim on a grass strip). I bolluxed the landing, but oh well.

Didn't notice any difference in the .50s compared to 3.04m.

I do remember getting and staying over 450 km, though. Easily in the mid 500s. It's pretty much the fastest (TAS) prop plane in the game at 3500 meters.

* _54th_Speeder *

* Speeder *

3.JG51_Stecher
06-14-2005, 11:44 PM
The P-51 in 4.00m is faster than it has ever been in any other version. It doesn't handle or feel as nice, but that goes for every other plane as well, because of the increased torque and inertia. Luckily for Mustang drivers, it is one of the few which can trim out the torque, many cannot.

ClnlSandersLite
06-15-2005, 12:39 AM
at I found very distracting was this...well, pendulum type motion from left to right, seemingly when I was not giving any rudder inputs.

Sounds like a controller issue to me. Check the sensitivity to see if it's ramped properly. Also, see if it spiking, you may need to turn on filtering.

SithSpeeder
06-15-2005, 12:51 AM
ClnlSandersLite--

Uh, no. Check out http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/63110913/m/7261074923

Seems to be a problem with several a/c (my fave mount just happens to be one of them).

* _54th_Speeder *

ClnlSandersLite
06-15-2005, 01:00 AM
Ok, sorry. I don't really hang out in ORR. Mainly because I got sick of TARGET and STIGLER always going at it. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

WTE_DuStA
06-15-2005, 01:31 AM
Originally posted by Snuffly:
Today, I entered war clouds, and decided to try out the P-51 with the 4.0. Well at first I didnt notice a difference... but then I realized it was hard to go over 450kmh, it stalls easier... doesnt seem to have as much power... and there's something else about it, that just isnt right. Even in high altitudes, it doesnt fly right.

for someone who has a mustang in their sig i would have expected a better contructed whine. You obviously haven't trimmed your plane correctly. I used to hate the mustang, i really did but now i would have to say that it is very close to my fav bird bar my beloved 111 . You say you cant hit anything over 450. Trim your plane . The p51d flys more like it should imo after all the books i have read on them

WTE_DuStA
06-15-2005, 01:31 AM
Originally posted by Snuffly: