PDA

View Full Version : Vote on Difficulty Sliders Patch

fulukai
11-21-2007, 06:41 PM
I'm starting this poll as a follow-up to my post here: http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/3381022016

Hopefully if we get enough support, Ubisoft may hear our concerns.

fulukai
11-21-2007, 09:32 PM
If possible, please elaborate on your vote

blarson11
11-21-2007, 10:11 PM
i think the reason they didn't is cuz they were aiming for realism, and how realistic is that?(no hostility intended). it seems like instead of giving you a difficulty slider, they gave you the options of stealth(which would be easier--sometimes), or fighting (harder--ish). so the route you take was supposed to determine the difficulty level. that being said, i think they made the fights a shade too easy. once you get the timing down, you can take on hordes of guards and hardly loose "sync" through the battle.

fulukai
11-21-2007, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by blarson11:
i think the reason they didn't is cuz they were aiming for realism, and how realistic is that?(no hostility intended). it seems like instead of giving you a difficulty slider, they gave you the options of stealth(which would be easier--sometimes), or fighting (harder--ish). so the route you take was supposed to determine the difficulty level. that being said, i think they made the fights a shade too easy. once you get the timing down, you can take on hordes of guards and hardly loose "sync" through the battle.

adding difficulty levels makes a game unrealistic? that's like saying adding display or sound settings makes a game unrealistic http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif errrrr, it's a *game*

not only that, there are tons of unrealistic things in the game already..you lose very little or no sync bars when you fall from the top of tall buildings or when archers shoot you at point blank range; not a single guard in the game can ride a horse; etc. i can go on..

also, i hear the argument that you can make the game challenging for yourself by setting yourself goals such as not losing a synch bar during a fight; or not ever getting caught by any of the guards or archers when doing an assassination; etc. but really you shudnt have to invent these contrived ways to make the game hard

blarson11
11-22-2007, 12:41 AM
i understand that its a game.

they said they were going for realism, and i just don't see how being able to make 20 hits kill you or giving yourself no health is realistic. according to their aims, it should be a small number(maybe not one, but a few), and you're right, none of the things you mentioned are realistic, but they don't reflect the topic either (which you started).

also, to clarify, i wasn't making reference to setting ones own wild goals to assassinate, i was simply referring to sneaking in with scholars, as opposed to say, killing anyone wielding a sword, game play elements that Ubisoft intentionally added to give you a choice.

i just don't think a slider is the way to go. its too easy to "cheat" with it, and i don't think it will help the game any.

MiniAssasin
11-22-2007, 12:44 AM
i understand that its a game.

they said they were going for realism, and i just don't see how being able to make 20 hits kill you or giving yourself no health is realistic. according to their aims, it should be a small number(maybe not one, but a few), and you're right, none of the things you mentioned are realistic, but they don't reflect the topic either (which you started).

also, to clarify, i wasn't making reference to setting ones own wild goals to assassinate, i was simply referring to sneaking in with scholars, as opposed to say, killing anyone wielding a sword, game play elements that Ubisoft intentionally added to give you a choice.

i just don't think a slider is the way to go. its too easy to "cheat" with it, and i don't think it will help the game any.

why would it matter if people cheat with it, its a single player game.

thsoe who want to challenge themselves would make it hard, thsoe who didnt would make it easy

doesnt really matter to you if people make their game piss easy lol

blarson11
11-22-2007, 12:52 AM
touche miniAssasin, touche. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

thats a fair point, and one i can't argue with. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/touche.gif
god i luv smilies http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

SkullSoldier
11-22-2007, 01:24 AM
Haha, I always play through a game first off on dead easy mode. Bugger knows why.

Now I haven't played this game yet cause it comes out tommorow but I have a fair idea on all the posts going round. Obviously a slider bar would be great! And so would heaps of other things. People aren't going to complain about additions to a game.

A crossbow would be nice, maybe genious AI that could beat even me in chess? (I suck mind you..)

I'm sure a difficulty setting was talked about while developing the game, they're amazingly smart over in the board rooms. Seeing as they left it out, it may be something to include in the next one, maybe not. It's all about how much they can pack into the game.

Aren't consoles overloading as it is with what the game has?

MASTEROVERLORD
11-22-2007, 01:35 AM
I think they should worry about fixing all the issues people are having with the PS3 version instead.

Voted no.

fulukai
11-22-2007, 05:23 AM
they said they were going for realism, and i just don't see how being able to make 20 hits kill you or giving yourself no health is realistic. according to their aims, it should be a small number(maybe not one, but a few),

i think you've missed the point buddy..im not talking about making the game easier, but making it harder..its way too easy as is..if you so care, the sliders can vary between 10-shot kill (or whatever it is now) to a 1-shot kill..frankly, i dont care..all i want is to make the game more challenging..what sucks now is that the game doesnt force you or reward for planning an assassination..you can pretty much ignore all the info learnt during an investigation and go in all guns blazing

and you're right, none of the things you mentioned are realistic, but they don't reflect the topic either (which you started).

i was merely countering your point about realism in the game..and you didnt elaborate on how difficulty sliders can make the game unrealistic in your first post

also, to clarify, i wasn't making reference to setting ones own wild goals to assassinate

i wasnt talking about you specifically, just that ive heard others say it..

Royal.Mist
11-22-2007, 05:40 AM

Because the Animus is totally real and there will be plenty built by 2021 so we can all go back in time to visit our awesome Assassin ancestors.

Malmer_DK
11-22-2007, 06:16 AM
I hate difficulty choises. I admire when they succeed in making a well-balanced game that you are thrown into from the get go.

That said, I do think that AC could use a boost in difficulty. It's rarely any effort to take down a whole fort of soldiers.

Jimmy_The_Bard
11-22-2007, 08:39 AM
Yes, of course! The game is far too easy for me after one playthrough and I'd really like to see some faster, more damaging guards.

unnamedninja
11-22-2007, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by MASTEROVERLORD:
I think they should worry about fixing all the issues people are having with the PS3 version instead.

Voted no.

After you actually play it for a while and discover you can exploit the system and turn the guards into your own personal puppets, you will be begging for a difficulty mode.

Eponym
11-22-2007, 11:16 AM
LoL.. What kind of troll actually votes "No" on these things. There only needs to be two options. "Yes", and "Don't Care". It's not like anyone's gaming experience is going to be ruined by the addition of a difficulty option.

And if they really don't care, they could just not vote. Imagine that. Because that's what I would do if I came across a poll I truly didn't care about. I wouldn't log in and vote "don't care", I just wouldn't read or vote on it.

So really, it only needs one option. Wait a minute. Isn't that a petition? Why the hell don't you just make a petition, instead of a poll on some forum with 20 votes?

Just a suggestion.

midna1
11-22-2007, 04:31 PM
You can always switch the machine off if you take a hit. Or whip yourself with some twigs.

For shame....

Pr0metheus 1962
11-22-2007, 04:40 PM
Optional difficulty levels are always welcome in any game. If people don't want to use them, no one is forcing anyone to use them - that's what 'optional' means. Personally I think the easiest way to do it would be to be able to increase or decrease the synch bar 4 or 5 steps either way.

Pr0metheus 1962
11-22-2007, 04:45 PM
i think the reason they didn't is cuz they were aiming for realism, and how realistic is that?

There is no 'realism' in a game like this as far as difficulty is concerned. Real 12th century assassins would probably have killed far fewer people that Altair has to, so realism doesn't really factor into the game.

In fact difficulty levels are very realistic. Not every player has the same abilities, so making it harder or easier gives the player the ability to match Altair's abilities. Also, it gives more scope for replaying the game - if you beat it on easy you replay on medium, then replay on hard.

As for a slider being 'cheating', how? It's a single-player game. There's no one to cheat. Anyway, anyone who brags about beating a game faster than anyone else is a bit of a loser IMO.

There's no logical reason for not having difficulty options.

Zikro
11-22-2007, 05:29 PM
There is no need for difficulty sliders. The game was great as it was. If they add one, I wont use it as I've already gone through the game. Would one be nice? I don't know.

Sliders are generally last chance way to add replay value to the game. Oh, you beat it on this difficulty now go back and do it on this one with no differences other than we'll make NPCs one hit kill you!

Altair778
11-22-2007, 06:22 PM
yeah, they should probably make it so that difficulty sliders also increase the chance of you being noticed/ the chance of your target getting away. personally jsut adding more damamge would be fine for me. I'm one of the people that actually look at the maps and plan out my assassination, so a real reason to plan would be nice.

eliteassassin69
11-22-2007, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by midna1:
You can always switch the machine off if you take a hit. Or whip yourself with some twigs.

For shame....

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif PROBLEM SOLVED. just hit yourself or sumtin http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Opticaly
11-22-2007, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by Eponym:
It's not like anyone's gaming experience is going to be ruined by the addition of a difficulty option.

Agreed http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif