PDA

View Full Version : Torpedo proof destroyer?

blastomatic1759
10-15-2005, 07:33 AM
Ok so here i am with a fletcher class destroyer chasing me , (ive murdered quite a few using this tactic) he gets to 950m and i launch the first fish , which bounces off the hull, i fired tube 2 same thing. And then ive got the coast guard(theyve been guarding the cruise ship weve been working) staring up at the wheelhouse because ive got the doors open and im screaming all kinda profanities. anyone have problems like that?

lecek
10-15-2005, 08:15 PM
From ahead of the ship, you need to go to magnetic and set the depth of the torp for under the ship.

Unless you have super torps set, I would expect all dead ahead impact shots to bounce of except perfectly dead on the nose shots.

If you are in rough weather be prepaired to have your magnetics blow up early. Best bet is to dive and hide, from that range (about 1000 meters) it will take him about a minute to reach you. Dive at flank using your scopes stopwatch for that minute.

blastomatic1759
10-16-2005, 08:10 AM
yeah but this is the first time i have EVER had this problem , i was even letting my weapons officer do the shooting(im lazy right now) usually 99% of the time its a definite kill. i searched the boat for crack pipes. but i think when we get to port im having the weapons officer pee in a jar.