PDA

View Full Version : U-66 "Tiger Shark" Undergoing Sea Trials

William66th
07-12-2006, 12:29 PM
After the massive attack and damaged suffered to the U-66 over a month ago. She will return to the water and begin a 48 hour "Real time" Sea trial.

The crew has renamed her based on the new camo and paint design "Tiger Shark" We hope to strike fear into the hearts of our enemies.

The U-66 was launched today from Dry dock and preperation are underway to put her back into full duty. The crew and so many others have worked a miracle in putting her back together in such a short time.

The "Tiger Shark" is hungry and will soon be looking for its first meal and victim. The crew of the U-66 will not forget the loss of those that perished durring the last enemy and encounter and we will be sure to settle the score with those that took our friends.

Pictures and story to follow after launch and Sea Trials.

William
Captain
U-66
"Tiger Shark"

Stingray-65
07-12-2006, 01:16 PM
I love reading these. I had to go back & read the earlier "chapters". Excellent! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

P.S. Check your PMs. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

William66th
07-14-2006, 10:48 AM
U-66 Has returned from a full 48 hour sea trial run and most of the repairs have been completed. She will still have to go in for a few more minor repairs before she is sent back out into the war.

Durring sea trials found the following problems on board. Rear port side began to leak at a depth of 50 meters when dive testing. Port diesel engine was running very hot and overheated. Aft port torpedo door was stuck and would not presurize. Sonar failed after water entered into the unit from a bad seal. Finally man diesel fuel tank is leaking from a weld seem.

All problems have been reported to the BHU and the mechaincs. Work will begin as soon as possible.

However the captian is very happy with the work done to the boat in such a short time. Repairs should not require time in dry dock.

Estimated time for repairs 36 hours.

William
Captain
U-66
"Tiger Shark"

------------------------------------------------
Thats the story side however the real problem is that the sub textures i have painted still need to be tweaked a bit for performance reasons on my CPU. I have been doing exterior as well as interior painting and work to the sub. Hopefully all things can be restored in a short time.