PDA

View Full Version : Capes

Voltige2011
09-06-2011, 03:37 PM
So in the gameplay I noticed Ezio just running around, took me a while but I finally noticed, he had no cape. Then I looked around for a while and saw one of the outfits. The only one with a visible cape was Brutus. Will capes be an unlockable thing later in the game or will there be DLC to get something with a cape. If its a dlc could you put in something we can dye or some of the old family capes like medici and auditore.

As long as I'm making a thread how about a weekly tournament thing where we can get some cool stuff like dlc armor(armor with stat value not an outfit), exclusive multiplayer weapons, or the all important cape. A map where guns can't be a reliable source of points and archers(saw it somewhere)snipe you if you stay of roofs too long.

Voltige2011
09-06-2011, 03:37 PM
So in the gameplay I noticed Ezio just running around, took me a while but I finally noticed, he had no cape. Then I looked around for a while and saw one of the outfits. The only one with a visible cape was Brutus. Will capes be an unlockable thing later in the game or will there be DLC to get something with a cape. If its a dlc could you put in something we can dye or some of the old family capes like medici and auditore.

As long as I'm making a thread how about a weekly tournament thing where we can get some cool stuff like dlc armor(armor with stat value not an outfit), exclusive multiplayer weapons, or the all important cape. A map where guns can't be a reliable source of points and archers(saw it somewhere)snipe you if you stay of roofs too long.

blazefp
09-06-2011, 05:43 PM
Capes only troubled the fights. Well, not in the game but in real life yes xD
Plus, it was a like big target for the guards.

Ulicies
09-06-2011, 06:01 PM
The capes were nice for the Italian theme, but it would be redundant to include them in every subsequent historical setting.

Voltige2011
09-07-2011, 02:46 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by blazefp:
Capes only troubled the fights. Well, not in the game but in real life yes xD
Plus, it was a like big target for the guards. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yea but it added the comedic value of being the only person with a cape in the entire city, and they just don't notice you until you decide to kill someone.

LightRey
09-07-2011, 02:48 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ulicies:
The capes were nice for the Italian theme, but it would be redundant to include them in every subsequent historical setting. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
This.

Altair661
09-07-2011, 03:13 PM
I honestly dont see why everyone makes a HUGE deal about the capes. It seems like some people are so afraid of change (ex. Altair's voice). Ulicies was right, it should just be an Italian thing. I find the Ezio look in ACR better, because it doesnt scream out "hey! Im an Assassin!" but also looks pretty awesome. Im cool without the cape, as well as ditching the 'Assassin White'. Leave that to Altair.

Ulicies
09-07-2011, 03:20 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Altair661:
I honestly dont see why everyone makes a HUGE deal about the capes. It seems like some people are so afraid of change (ex. Altair's voice). Ulicies was right, it should just be an Italian thing. I find the Ezio look in ACR better, because it doesnt scream out "hey! Im an Assassin!" but also looks pretty awesome. Im cool without the cape, as well as ditching the 'Assassin White'. Leave that to Altair. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I agree, except for the Assassin White part. I immediately agreed with you; that Altair only wore white because of mimicking the many monks around his cities. But Ezio was given not only one Assassin White uniform, but a second, separate Assassin White uniform from two different parts of the order (AC2/Brotherhood). From that, I conclude that the Assassin in White is going to be a recurring theme, and that the next historical assassin will start out with a white outfit.

Altair661
09-07-2011, 03:27 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ulicies:
I agree, except for the Assassin White part. I immediately agreed with you; that Altair only wore white because of mimicking the many monks around his cities. But Ezio was given not only one Assassin White uniform, but a second, separate Assassin White uniform from two different parts of the order (AC2/Brotherhood). From that, I conclude that the Assassin in White is going to be a recurring theme, and that the next historical assassin will start out with a white outfit. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I didnt mean for them to get rid of it completely, I meant that in ACR it would be weird for both Ezio and Altair to both be wearing white. People would be even more confused. I do agree we will be seeing the white come back. Sorry for the mistake.

naran6142
09-07-2011, 03:41 PM
3 games with basically the same outfit is getting old anyways, ezio looks sick in ACR

i say out with the cape and in with the...the....no cape http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

Ulicies
09-07-2011, 05:05 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Altair661:
I agree, except for the Assassin White part. I immediately agreed with you; that Altair only wore white because of mimicking the many monks around his cities. But Ezio was given not only one Assassin White uniform, but a second, separate Assassin White uniform from two different parts of the order (AC2/Brotherhood). From that, I conclude that the Assassin in White is going to be a recurring theme, and that the next historical assassin will start out with a white outfit. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I didnt mean for them to get rid of it completely, I meant that in ACR it would be weird for both Ezio and Altair to both be wearing white. People would be even more confused. I do agree we will be seeing the white come back. Sorry for the mistake. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Ah, my mistake.

MT4K
09-07-2011, 05:26 PM
I was kind of tempted to post the no capes scene from The Incredibles, but i'll resist :P.

I prefer the look without the cape. It was cool and everything especially considering the setting, but i'd still rather not have the cape.

Of course they can always have capes in ACR and make them optional which would be the best solution because then those who want it can just equip one :P.

Jexx21
09-07-2011, 05:36 PM
I really want to see the customization options for Ezio now. I wonder if Assassin white will be changed to something like Grandmaster Dark or something to show Ezio's new colors.

Ulicies
09-07-2011, 05:37 PM
Customization will hopefully evolve to what you carry, including the clothing and gear.

Voltige2011
09-07-2011, 07:15 PM
I honestly dont see why everyone makes a HUGE deal about the capes. It seems like some people are so afraid of change (ex. Altair's voice). Ulicies was right, it should just be an Italian thing. I find the Ezio look in ACR better, because it doesnt scream out "hey! Im an Assassin!" but also looks pretty awesome. Im cool without the cape, as well as ditching the 'Assassin White'. Leave that to Altair. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you found my original post to be a HUGE deal asking for capes then I apologize. Was asking if they would be available such a childish thing? Should I even ask if treasure chests will be a viable resource for bomb supplies? And at which point did I say anything about his voice, I haven't even heard it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MT4K:
I was kind of tempted to post the no capes scene from The Incredibles, but i'll resist :P.

I prefer the look without the cape. It was cool and everything especially considering the setting, but i'd still rather not have the cape.

Of course they can always have capes in ACR and make them optional which would be the best solution because then those who want it can just equip one :P. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Incredibles was a good movie well played. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif Did I not ask for capes to be optional at the end of paragraph one?

rileypoole1234
09-07-2011, 08:09 PM
I think now that we're out of Italy, the capes should be left there. I think instead of changing the cape for notoriety purposes, we'll be able to change the symbol where the Assassins symbol usually is. There are photos where Ezio has an Assassins symbol on his robe, and some where he has a Masayf symbol.

Voltige2011
09-07-2011, 11:34 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rileypoole1234:
I think now that we're out of Italy, the capes should be left there. I think instead of changing the cape for notoriety purposes, we'll be able to change the symbol where the Assassins symbol usually is. There are photos where Ezio has an Assassins symbol on his robe, and some where he has a Masayf symbol. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Great idea as long as it leaves viable room for customization I can forget about pretending I'm the Italian Batman.