PDA

View Full Version : Official demo patch!

XyZspineZyX
10-21-2003, 07:26 PM
A patch is finally available for those who have had problems running the official BG&E demo!

>>> Download the patch (http://ubisoft-fr.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/ubisoft_fr.cfg/php/enduser/fattach_get.php?p_sid=rl6EKmWg&p_tbl=9&p_id=8531&p_created=1066749504)

<LI>This patch addresses the compatibility issues with certain AMD Athlon and AMD Duron processors.
<LI>Do not use this patch with any version different from Beyond Good & Evil Official Demo.
<LI>Use this patch only if the Official Demo of Beyond Good & Evil crashes on your PC as soon you run it.
<LI>Note: if you run the Official Demo for the Start Menu or from the Setting Panel the unpatched version of the Official Demo will be executed.

T

XyZspineZyX
10-21-2003, 07:26 PM
A patch is finally available for those who have had problems running the official BG&E demo!

>>> Download the patch (http://ubisoft-fr.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/ubisoft_fr.cfg/php/enduser/fattach_get.php?p_sid=rl6EKmWg&p_tbl=9&p_id=8531&p_created=1066749504)

<LI>This patch addresses the compatibility issues with certain AMD Athlon and AMD Duron processors.
<LI>Do not use this patch with any version different from Beyond Good & Evil Official Demo.
<LI>Use this patch only if the Official Demo of Beyond Good & Evil crashes on your PC as soon you run it.
<LI>Note: if you run the Official Demo for the Start Menu or from the Setting Panel the unpatched version of the Official Demo will be executed.

T

XyZspineZyX
10-21-2003, 08:42 PM
finally /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif

<center>http://www.angelfire.com/theforce/mp3vd/csi_miamisig.JPG </center>
<center>The Advisor(second in command) for THE FAMILY </center>

<center><marquee> Forum Ranks: Number XIII, Lord of the Boards, Needs a Life, Citizen of D'ni, Thread Blaster, Third Echelon Operative, Over 3500 Postings, Over 3000 Postings, & Veteran </marquee></center>

XyZspineZyX
10-22-2003, 01:44 AM
AMD processors???

I thought the problem was people with Nvidia video cards?

......like me.

XyZspineZyX
10-27-2003, 03:18 PM
There will most probably not be a patch for Nvidia owners. Nvidia drivers do not work with directX9, problem is a microsoft one. New games like Halo will also not work with Nividia cards (at least Geforce 2 /GTS cards) wich is quite bad for microsoft as well as Nividia. It appears that there are hundreds of forums active on this topic...

Too bad Nvidia owners ! (I'm one of them)

XyZspineZyX
10-27-2003, 03:59 PM
No. I have a Geforce 2 and both this game and Halo work perfectly.

XyZspineZyX
10-27-2003, 06:02 PM
Indeed, people with certain Nvidia cards have made these games run, though on many forums people talk about the fact that directX9 only works with certain drivers (in a lot of cases not with the newest drivers). Still seems like a lot of work in progress, to make directX9 work with certain Geforce cards. What drivers do you use? (45.03, etc..?) I could use some help on finding good Geforce 2 GTS drivers that actually work!!

Thanks in advance

XyZspineZyX
10-27-2003, 08:55 PM
I never had any problems with running it.
And I'm a Nvidia owner.
But I use a Nvidia Geforce 4 Ti 4200 and DirectX9b of course. Running at Pentium 4 2,53 GhZ.

XyZspineZyX
10-29-2003, 02:54 AM
Interesting. I have almost the same setup as you and I never had problems either.