PDA

View Full Version : Finding field runway strips

blazer-glory
05-27-2005, 09:45 AM
This is one thing that annoys me in the campaigns,landing on field runways. You cant see the suckers unless your about 10 off the gound!

fherathras
05-27-2005, 10:04 AM
you might need glasses http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

WholeHawg
05-27-2005, 10:35 AM
Agreed, I wouldnt mind seeing a little more relief in this area.

However it does make lineing up for landing, espcially if it foggy, alot more challenging!!

Platypus_1.JaVA
05-27-2005, 11:37 AM
The last time I went flying, it was in an ultralight. The Instructor, sitting next to me, told me to steer towards the airport and waved somewhere to our 10 o'clock. I wasn't sure if he was joking but, I didn't saw the airport. So, at some point in our flight (I was still checking the horizon for some MSFS looka like airport) He told me that he wanted the controls for the landing. I looked at him suscpisously but, I did let go of the stick, the rudder and the throttle. He did a sharp turn and some steep diving (At least, it seemed steep to me) and there it was, the airport was under us. It was in sight all of the time.

The reason why I tell you this story is that airports are supposed hard to see. Especially the ones with the grass runways. And the one I was flying to had a nice concrete runway. The airports in PF are generally as easy to spot then some football supporters in the wrong area of the stadium. Altough it might be challenging to land in foggy conditions.