PDA

View Full Version : Uneven Controls

essexfuzz
01-22-2010, 10:53 AM
Am I the only one that feels Ezio often goes in the opposite direction of where you are directing him? Too many times to count I have tried to direct him to jump from one ledge to another rooftop straight in front of him, yet he inadvertently shoots off to the left and falls 4 stories to the cobblestones below. This problem is even worse when doing wall jumps. If you don't jump off the exact spot necessary to make the leap, you automatically jump straight backwards off the wall, no matter if your joystick is pressed to the right.
Wrestling with the controls in this game has been the only amount of challenge I have so far discovered (I'm on sequence 9) and has often been a source of extreme frustration, sucking out any amount of fun I was having with the title.
Only my extreme stubbornness has kept me from returning this game. Maybe Ubisoft should have outsourced the freerunning controls to the developer of Mirror's Edge; they did it better.

Am I the only one that feels this way?

btw I beat the original game, so it's not a matter of me being new to the control scheme and not understanding it.

DLTyrus
01-22-2010, 12:03 PM
If its not a matter of being new to the control scheme then I don't really know how to explain it. I have had next to no difficulty with the controls, the only thing I do is have a habit of trying to make jumps that are way to far to make.

BK-110
01-22-2010, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by DLTyrus:
If its not a matter of being new to the control scheme then I don't really know how to explain it. I have had next to no difficulty with the controls, the only thing I do is have a habit of trying to make jumps that are way to far to make.

This. There's nothing wrong with the controls. It's not a problem with the game, but yourself. Don't blame the game, just because you're not good enough at controlling it. Either that, or there's something wrong with your controller.

itsamea-mario
01-22-2010, 05:10 PM
maybe its just because all of ezios belongings are kept on his left hand side, including his mega money pouch.

TwinIltani
01-22-2010, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by essexfuzz:
This problem is even worse when doing wall jumps. If you don't jump off the exact spot necessary to make the leap, you automatically jump straight backwards off the wall, no matter if your joystick is pressed to the right.

That's likely because your button input sequence is wrong. Point Ezio in the correct direction first when at the height of the wall run and then hit the Legs button. If you do it the other way around (or just hold the Legs button down), he will execute precisely the input you give him - jump backwards. This does require paying attention to your inputs, just pressing buttons and hoping for the best is not going to work.

As to the other issues you bring up - I have not experienced any of them. I am fairly new to the series, and have had no trouble with the controls once I became familiar with them.