PDA

View Full Version : Today I played both side by side, Heres what i found...

tomwigley
11-14-2007, 10:24 AM
Ok so they were both Amazing
Before anyone thinks im flaming either, They are both fan tastic games.
But there are differences, annoyingly
Lighting and Framerate.
And unfortunately the most annoying framerate issue is found on the ps3, whoever said the ps3's framerate exceeds the 360 version is wrong.
The ps3 version frequently experiences slow-down when you view large open areas or spin the camera quickly. Annoying
There are differences in lighting. The ps3 version is more subtle and realistic. The 360 version is much higher contrast and atmospheric. it came down to preference at the end of the day.
I have wrote a huge writeup on the blog...
AssassinsCreedBlog.com (http://www.assassinscreedblog.com)

MiniAssasin
11-14-2007, 10:26 AM
um i have been lookin at compaason screens and the ps3 has a higher contrast. making it look pale and pasty

b-busher
11-14-2007, 10:32 AM
Is it really noticeable?

tomwigley
11-14-2007, 10:36 AM
Being more of a pc freak i tend to notice frame rate drops. Id definately say it was noticeable and (slightly) affects gameplay
The ps3 version is slightly higher gamma, but more real
The 360 version is without a doubt ALOT higher contrast, its very obvious.

b-busher
11-14-2007, 10:41 AM
Is contrast good of bad?(yes I,m slow)

tomwigley
11-14-2007, 10:44 AM
It depends what you like i guess
The 360 version is more atmospheric in my opinion. The harsh contrasts mean you find yourself hidden by shadow etc more, but it does make the game look slightly less realistic. it also affects how much detail you can see in everything.
It is just personal preference

dd22cowboys
11-14-2007, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by MiniAssasin:
um i have been lookin at compaason screens and the ps3 has a higher contrast.

Yeh Ive seen pictures side by side, the 360 is darker and ps3 has higher contrast. dunno about framerates tho.

nakv
11-14-2007, 11:22 AM
This isn't the first time the PS3 version of a multiplatform game has had trouble with framerates. The PS3 version of madden 08 could only run at 30fps instead of 60 on 360. I find this odd since Ratchet and Clank runs so well with so much stuff happening on screen.

framerate issues aside, I prefer the 360 version. The PS3 version looks like it's glowing. Imagine playing Splinter Cell like that. Not realistic at all to me.

AirRon_2K7
11-14-2007, 11:25 AM
Yeah... imagine playing splinter cell like that... as if that has anything to do with assassin's...

dd22cowboys
11-14-2007, 11:25 AM
from gamespot review:

"There are few differences between the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 versions. PS3 owners are blessed with a slightly more solid frame rate, although the 360 version features a little more contrast in the lighting, so it's pretty much a wash."

theres too much contradiction in the reviews to know...one review says one thing and another says the exact opposite

Raide
11-14-2007, 11:30 AM
Not matter what version you get, you are going to have fun jumping around and assassinating things. Once people get really into Assassin's Creed, they really won't notice some minor problems, they will just be having fun playing the game.

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

Raide
Uk Forum Manager

Exassassin
11-14-2007, 11:37 AM
The topic starter says he tested both games for hours and he did say the biggest problem is the framerate dips from time to time in the PS3 version. It's the biggest thing that should be fixed soon by Ubisoft because it could detract from the entire gaming experience, all though not by a lot. The other 2 points are personal preferences that can be changed by lowering the TV's contrast. I find it stupid that Ubisoft, the one's who first made the PS3 the lead console, allows this game to have framerate issues while the 360 version doesn't even have one. I'd be pissed if I could only buy the PS3 version and I had to cope with framerate issues.

nakv
11-14-2007, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by AirRon_2K7:
Yeah... imagine playing splinter cell like that... as if that has anything to do with assassin's...

Well they're both games.

I chose Splinter Cell as a comparison because Light plays a very important role in setting up the atmosphere(as well as gameplay) for that game.

Greenman2000
11-14-2007, 12:11 PM
yes but which version is better??

Exassassin
11-14-2007, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by Greenman2000:
yes but which version is better??

They are both equal but the framerate issues on the PS3 makes the 360 version a little, little, little bit better. I would demand for Ubisoft to fix the framerate issues trough a patch for the PS3 version. This is uncalled for, especially considering the PS3 was the lead platform.

lukenichols
11-14-2007, 12:17 PM
to be honest
who cares
your only gona play 1 either xbox or ps3......

tomwigley
11-14-2007, 12:19 PM
Im not sure what version gamespot was testing but the fps problems were definately with the ps3, like mentioned which should of been fixed time ago it being ubisofts original lead console

about the light and glowyness (lol)
the ps3 version isnt glowy so much, more of slightly blurred
Where as the 360 version is completely contrasty and very sharp edged, bordering on comic book styled

I must remind people these are VERY minor descrepencies, only having the games next to each other could you really see the difference.
framerate was the only actual problem

p.s Ratchet and Clank is amazing!, how well the game runs is to do with the developers and how well they can code for the ps3 and use its potential

tomwigley
11-14-2007, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by lukenichols:
to be honest
who cares
your only gona play 1 either xbox or ps3......

well u say that, but alot of people own both.
And people like to know so they can see how well the ps3 is doing on an overall scale, when it will start coming into its own etc

Exassassin
11-14-2007, 12:22 PM
Ratchet and Clank on the PS3 shows what developers can do with it. It's just a shame that a lot of developers don't have the same amount of talent.

Tomwigley: You ever tried lowering the TV's contrast while playing the 360 version? If so, does it make a difference?

tomwigley
11-14-2007, 12:34 PM
Sorry i didnt get a chance to
Although im pretty sure it wouldnt make a difference
Its not just a case of ones over exposed, ones underexposed or whatever, its the whole game
on the 360 the lines are more defined, the shadows are darker, the highlights are brighter
im pretty sure lowering the contrast wouldnt of made it look like the ps3 version. Rather, simply made everything not as vivid

PS i quite liked the more contrasty 360 version

Exassassin
11-14-2007, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by tomwigley:
Its not just a case of ones over exposed, ones underexposed or whatever, its the whole game
on the 360 the lines are more defined, the shadows are darker, the highlights are brighter
im pretty sure lowering the contrast wouldnt of made it look like the ps3 version. Rather, simply made everything not as vivid

I guess it's all a matter of taste then. I'm sure the contrast lowering would make a little difference if I wouldn't like but I guess I have to see it for myself tomorrow.

Tell us: What exactly do you love and hate about the game? Details please http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

MiniAssasin
11-14-2007, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by tomwigley:

i wouldnt know why yu would want too, i like the xboxs colourful version.

personal preference. i als dont have a choice lol

alex-ac
11-14-2007, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by Exassassin:
The topic starter says he tested both games for hours and he did say the biggest problem is the framerate dips from time to time in the PS3 version. It's the biggest thing that should be fixed soon by Ubisoft because it could detract from the entire gaming experience, all though not by a lot. The other 2 points are personal preferences that can be changed by lowering the TV's contrast. I find it stupid that Ubisoft, the one's who first made the PS3 the lead console, allows this game to have framerate issues while the 360 version doesn't even have one. I'd be pissed if I could only buy the PS3 version and I had to cope with framerate issues.

I have played games on both the 360 and ps3 and i can say that for most of them the ps3 had some framerate problems that the 360 didnt on Skate for example the gameplay on the 360 is great as it is on the ps3 although soemtimes the framerate had some problems coping....

Strikefromabove
11-14-2007, 12:47 PM
The way i put it... 360 version is more of a Quality Version and PS3 is more of a rough and tough version.

tomwigley
11-14-2007, 02:48 PM
It has happened on other games aswell
the new iss game had major fps problems to the point of being almost unplayable
the ratchet and crank team should show them how its done!