PDA

View Full Version : question please help

jessi1
06-17-2005, 12:05 PM
re-installing and patching the game do i uninstall from the game cd were it says uninstall and then delete the ubisoft folder to completely get rid of it and start fresh, or do i simply uninstall from the game cd and start over 2.will this reinstalling effect my joystick settings and i have to re-calibrate them to correct controller id. thanks

Chadburn
06-17-2005, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by jessi1:
re-installing and patching the game do i uninstall from the game cd were it says uninstall and then delete the ubisoft folder to completely get rid of it and start fresh, or do i simply uninstall from the game cd and start over 2.will this reinstalling effect my joystick settings and i have to re-calibrate them to correct controller id. thanks Why are you re-installing?

jessi1
06-17-2005, 01:17 PM
I just want to see if there is a difference from 4.0 to 4.01 wich i had to reinstalling and patching correctly from 3.04 to 4.01, simply curious.

Chadburn
06-17-2005, 01:51 PM
I just want to see if there is a difference from 4.0 to 4.01 wich i had to reinstalling and patching correctly from 3.04 to 4.01, simply curious.

Ok, well if you want to do a complete re-install then you should wipe out everything, but it means a lot of work setting up your controllers and your conf.ini again. Are you sure it's worth it?

If you want to save some time, then save the critical files from your IL-2 Strumovik folder.

The "Users" folder contains campaign information and your button assignments that you created in-game using the "Controls" screen.

If you have tracks you want to save, they're in your "records" folder.

If you've made or downloaded custom skins, then inside the "Paintschemes" folder you should save the skins you want to keep.

Also save your conf.ini if you've made changes to it.

I haven't played the missions since original IL-2, so you may need to save the "Mission" folder, or parts of it, too.

BTW...next time, back up your original IL-2 folder before you install a patch if you think you want to experiment with it or uninstall the patch. That way you won't have to go thru what you're doing now and you can have multiple copies on your hardrive.

jessi1
06-17-2005, 02:08 PM
Is it possible to just delete my folder with the fm and then d/l my 3.04 patch that i have saved and then 4.01 patch on top of that?? what is the name or number of the fm file again s something?

F19_Ob
06-17-2005, 02:15 PM

U dont need to. I did that. I tested both installing 4.01 over 4.0 and over 3.04.
There is no difference that I can detect atleast not in FM.

Saves U some time http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Chadburn
06-17-2005, 02:37 PM
Is it possible to just delete my folder with the fm and then d/l my 3.04 patch that i have saved and then 4.01 patch on top of that?? what is the name or number of the fm file again s something?

You would have to remove files, and parts of files. If you're trying to discover the difference then I don't think that's the route to go since you might end up with a corrupted 3.04 install.

I have installed the patch both ways too, and notice no difference in FM and DM. I did notice some strange behaviour online last night with the 4.01 over 4.00 install but that could just be a coincidence...strange things happen online with lag etc...I'm going to test more to see if all is ok.