PDA

View Full Version : Delay For Orders Except "Fire"

Lanzfeld
10-05-2004, 04:44 AM
With the addition of a "crew" in this upcomming game I am accepting of the idea that there will be a slight delay when I, the captain. give orders such as all stop or full right rudder.

I am concerned about a delay when I give the order to fire. I am a manual TDC guy and I know that for longer shots I will need the fish to fire right when I say fire and not with a delay. In the trailers we see when you fire a fish there is a delay for the torpedo doors to open and this will mess up a manual shot bad. In reality the doors would have been open BEFORE we took the shot.

How is this going to be addressed??? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

Lanzfeld
10-05-2004, 04:44 AM
With the addition of a "crew" in this upcomming game I am accepting of the idea that there will be a slight delay when I, the captain. give orders such as all stop or full right rudder.

I am concerned about a delay when I give the order to fire. I am a manual TDC guy and I know that for longer shots I will need the fish to fire right when I say fire and not with a delay. In the trailers we see when you fire a fish there is a delay for the torpedo doors to open and this will mess up a manual shot bad. In reality the doors would have been open BEFORE we took the shot.

How is this going to be addressed??? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

bertgang
10-05-2004, 05:10 AM
Right, the tubes were flooded before torpedo launch.

Should be fine to have the correct sequence.

Kapitanleutnant--Martes86--Mix
10-05-2004, 12:42 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kapitanleutnant--Martes86--Mix:

Combat stations ordered, tubes flooded, torpedo doors open, input target data, report that the torpedoes are ready to fire, order fire torpedoes. That is the torpedo firing sequence when submerged. (When surfaced, the target data is introduced before the torpedo doors are open) (source: Das Boot)
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

For those of you that want some realistic answer. Das Boot is the most realistic U-Boot film I've ever seen, so I fully support this sequence.

Jose.MaC
10-05-2004, 03:25 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lanzfeld:
I am concerned about a delay when I give the order to fire. I am a manual TDC guy and I know that for longer shots I will need the fish to fire right when I say fire and not with a delay. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, you've a primitive but eficient analogic computer to keep the track of the target so a delay of, let's say, a couple of seconds is all right. However, the delay may be under a second -hardly noticiable. I asume the tubes are already flooded and torpedo doors opened from the very moment you begin to track an enemy