PDA

View Full Version : This sim after BoB? Perhaps a boost for eastern front?

F19_Ob
06-21-2006, 06:02 AM
Hello m8's.

Below I make a suggestion and offer to make the skin-changes nesseary for an earlier I-16 (type 10), and lastly some thoughts and fuel for a discussion.

According to Oleg (if I understand correctly) there will be a life for il-2 after BoB and that he will try to support it.
Perhaps it will take another 5-10 years before we will see Russian-front-planes again in a new sim, if Oleg makes it?
Therefore I feel it's important to try to push for a few more planes to this theatre before they stop the patches and add-ons.
After that il-2 will be the only useful sim on the market featuring Russian and Finnish fronts and with a big latewar-plane setup.

I ofcourse look forward to BoB, but as 'onliners' know, flying a few types in only one scenario is very limited and will be quite boring after a few months.
The great thing with il-2 is that it already have so many types and scenarios, so when the first excitement with BoB has past, perhaps we will seek variation with il-2? I know I will.

Was it Oleg that said that many planes were already finished and waiting to get incorporated in some patch or add-on?
Then there is a chance to get some planes that actually flew, like the Finnish Fokker afterall, wich would add a lot to the winterwar scenario. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

There are ofcourse many important types to include to the Russian Front, and several vital types are still missing in Early- mid years of Barbarossa and the Finn-Russo campaign.
The earlier fixed-gear biplanes I-15 and I-15 bis and I-152 were abundant early in the above periods wich also could have skiis like the J8 Gladiator in the sim.
I wonder if any of these are waiting to get released?
-----------------------------------------------
I've earlier posted about the I-16 type 10 wich was abundant and essentially is a slower type 18, wich we got in the sim.
The differences are minimal and basically can be made on the skin. An small airintake on the front of the engine and some rivets on the cowling. Many type 10's also had the same wing as type 18 and 24 wich we have.
So essentially just making engine somewhat weaker of type 18 and we have a type 10.
If needed I myself will contribute in making the nessesary changes on the already existing nice Void-skin by Kamikusa.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Below I add some thoughts that could be interesting to discuss.
What I'm saying is that the inclusion of some these above types would make the sim the only kind in history with a completer Russianfront setup.
The sim ofcourse is the 'only of its kind' but it would be even more "only of its kind"...well u get the picture.

Another thing that stunned me and made me very happy, and wich brought up my hopes of getting the missing planes again, was when Oleg Changed his policy and now allow complete fantasyplanes and planes wich lack proper data of how they flew or handled.
A couple of examples are the he-162 Salamander and Do-335.
Happily in the coming add-ons we get more fantasyplanes and this particular change makes me so hopeful because these planes don't at all have the exact data wich Oleg earlier demanded, if he was going to add a plane. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

This means we might get some of the missing real planes that actually flew flyable too.
Some examples of these planes are:

*Morane Saulnier 406
*Hawk 75
*I-15 and I-15 bis
*I-152 Before (I-153)
*I-16 Type 10 and why not earlier types
*R-10
*Fokker D.XXI
* Heinkel 51
* Henshel 129
* Henshel 123
*Arado 196
Perhaps even make some AI-bombers flyable aswell with less accurate cockpits, wich should be acceptable now when complete fantasy is ok?

The above are only few of the possible types on the russian front but there are ofcourse other fronts wich could use some completing planes too.
The germans really need the more maneuverable earlier Bf 110 wich would be useful on all fronts and why not Henshel 129

I for one have a hard time beliving that il-2 will dissappear after BoB although it will be great, since many people seemingly haven't the power to fully run BoB or even proper connections for online flying. This was also the state earlier with il-2 when it came. That was a many year slow progress to accuire better, faster machines.
Another reason is that BoB will initially have only a few flyable planes and I think that most of us will need the variation il-2 can provide.

Please feel free to surprize us Mr. Maddox
Hopeful regards

F19_Ob
06-21-2006, 06:02 AM
Hello m8's.

Below I make a suggestion and offer to make the skin-changes nesseary for an earlier I-16 (type 10), and lastly some thoughts and fuel for a discussion.

According to Oleg (if I understand correctly) there will be a life for il-2 after BoB and that he will try to support it.
Perhaps it will take another 5-10 years before we will see Russian-front-planes again in a new sim, if Oleg makes it?
Therefore I feel it's important to try to push for a few more planes to this theatre before they stop the patches and add-ons.
After that il-2 will be the only useful sim on the market featuring Russian and Finnish fronts and with a big latewar-plane setup.

I ofcourse look forward to BoB, but as 'onliners' know, flying a few types in only one scenario is very limited and will be quite boring after a few months.
The great thing with il-2 is that it already have so many types and scenarios, so when the first excitement with BoB has past, perhaps we will seek variation with il-2? I know I will.

Was it Oleg that said that many planes were already finished and waiting to get incorporated in some patch or add-on?
Then there is a chance to get some planes that actually flew, like the Finnish Fokker afterall, wich would add a lot to the winterwar scenario. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

There are ofcourse many important types to include to the Russian Front, and several vital types are still missing in Early- mid years of Barbarossa and the Finn-Russo campaign.
The earlier fixed-gear biplanes I-15 and I-15 bis and I-152 were abundant early in the above periods wich also could have skiis like the J8 Gladiator in the sim.
I wonder if any of these are waiting to get released?
-----------------------------------------------
I've earlier posted about the I-16 type 10 wich was abundant and essentially is a slower type 18, wich we got in the sim.
The differences are minimal and basically can be made on the skin. An small airintake on the front of the engine and some rivets on the cowling. Many type 10's also had the same wing as type 18 and 24 wich we have.
So essentially just making engine somewhat weaker of type 18 and we have a type 10.
If needed I myself will contribute in making the nessesary changes on the already existing nice Void-skin by Kamikusa.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Below I add some thoughts that could be interesting to discuss.
What I'm saying is that the inclusion of some these above types would make the sim the only kind in history with a completer Russianfront setup.
The sim ofcourse is the 'only of its kind' but it would be even more "only of its kind"...well u get the picture.

Another thing that stunned me and made me very happy, and wich brought up my hopes of getting the missing planes again, was when Oleg Changed his policy and now allow complete fantasyplanes and planes wich lack proper data of how they flew or handled.
A couple of examples are the he-162 Salamander and Do-335.
Happily in the coming add-ons we get more fantasyplanes and this particular change makes me so hopeful because these planes don't at all have the exact data wich Oleg earlier demanded, if he was going to add a plane. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

This means we might get some of the missing real planes that actually flew flyable too.
Some examples of these planes are:

*Morane Saulnier 406
*Hawk 75
*I-15 and I-15 bis
*I-152 Before (I-153)
*I-16 Type 10 and why not earlier types
*R-10
*Fokker D.XXI
* Heinkel 51
* Henshel 129
* Henshel 123
*Arado 196
Perhaps even make some AI-bombers flyable aswell with less accurate cockpits, wich should be acceptable now when complete fantasy is ok?

The above are only few of the possible types on the russian front but there are ofcourse other fronts wich could use some completing planes too.
The germans really need the more maneuverable earlier Bf 110 wich would be useful on all fronts and why not Henshel 129

I for one have a hard time beliving that il-2 will dissappear after BoB although it will be great, since many people seemingly haven't the power to fully run BoB or even proper connections for online flying. This was also the state earlier with il-2 when it came. That was a many year slow progress to accuire better, faster machines.
Another reason is that BoB will initially have only a few flyable planes and I think that most of us will need the variation il-2 can provide.

Please feel free to surprize us Mr. Maddox
Hopeful regards

leitmotiv
06-21-2006, 01:18 PM
Flyable SBs and Tu-2, too!

JG53Frankyboy
06-21-2006, 02:01 PM
actually you are long enough members of these forums to become serious http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif
nothing of that will happen..........

most propably after 4.08 its over - 4.08 will be the last (free) patch after the VVS'46 adon - if not a very huge bug will appear that HAS to be fixed.

get it, its over soon !

F19_Ob
06-21-2006, 02:45 PM
Thanks for so frankly expressing your concern FrankyBoy.
Yet I know all there is to know about hopeless odds by now m8, and I say as the Americans 'It ain't over until it's over'.

Optimism is said to be contagious u know.
One Finnish fighterpilot called out "tourists 5 o'clock!" when he saw some 100+ bombers and fighters of the invading force heading their way.
Thats optimism.

Perhaps the creator will again find a softspot in his heart for his sim when reading this. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif

So m8......Tourists five o'clock!

leitmotiv
06-21-2006, 03:51 PM
Never know.

Flakwalker
06-21-2006, 04:06 PM
I like the idea, also will be good the addition of Bulgary and Croatia.

GerritJ9
06-21-2006, 04:59 PM
Realistically, I don't expect anything after the final, post-VVS46 patch, which MIGHT contain the CW-21B, F2A-3, D.XXI and a few other flyable and AI aeroplanes, plus the Burma and Norway maps. IF development by a third party (RRG?) takes place, it should concentrate on maps, which is the area the sim is most deficient in. For starters, some glaring shortcomings in the Singapore map should be corrected, such as the removal of the second nonexistent causeway, the creation of the R.N. dockyard and Keppel harbour. One or two Philippines maps would not go amiss either, or maps covering East Java and Bali and West Java and southern Sumatra.
Belgium, Bulgaria, Greece and Croatia would be most welcome as selectable nations.
However, I expect the emphasis will be on developing BoB and its offspring, so I'm not holding my breath.

leitmotiv
06-21-2006, 05:14 PM
Hope springs eternal.