PDA

View Full Version : I AM DONE WITH UBISOFT

mccream
05-18-2010, 12:35 PM
AS I FEARED UBISOFT - VERY BAD REVIEWS FROM USERS AND PC GAMER. PC GAMER GIVES CONVICTION A 6.5. SHAME ON YOU FOR DESTROYING THE BEST GAME SERIES EVER PRODUCED(MY OPINION). YOUR LACK LUSTER CONCERN FOR THE PC GAMING COMMUNITY IS ALSO EVIDENT IN THE RAINBOW SIX SERIES AS WELL. THERE IS HOPE YOU CAN REDEEM YOURSELVES WITH THE NEXT GHOST RECON BUT AS FOR NOW I WILL NO LONGER SPEND MONEY BUYING YOUR GAMES. MAY YOU DIE A SWIFT AND SPEEDY DEATH.

DoxilonQ
05-18-2010, 12:47 PM
You forgot to turn off caps lock. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif And I don't think ubi will redeem with the new Ghost Recon...

jakal66
05-18-2010, 06:21 PM
yes it will probably have the same issues,as is a tendency with a lot of game lately.I saw that review and I must admit that as hard as it is is spot on!Not like IGN that is still waiting for the multi to work to review it...shame on you IGN(hahaha like I care about their pay per review scores)shame on you UBI too.This game would've been better if it hadn't the splinter cell logo on it

Compassghost
05-18-2010, 06:30 PM
In summary, OP is done with Ubisoft... until the next game is released.

Fail.

Ceibalk
05-18-2010, 06:49 PM
THANK YOU FOR TELLING ME THIS VALUABLE INFORMATION.

MY LIFE WILL BE FOREVER CHANGED.

Boris5134
05-18-2010, 10:47 PM
Ohy, Ghost Recon lost its luster and really what I feel made Ghost Recon game after Red Storm sold off the rights for it. Ghost Recon 2 was ok, but once GRAW hit the scene it was just one pile of crap after another. GRAW2, don't even let me joke about it because that was like Frontlines: Fuel of War, it royally sucked monkey nuts. Game became worse to play than AA3 mixed with BF2142 in its infancy, just pitched it. Unless UBI can pull a rabit out of its rear, doubt GR will be of any great success. Hell, Section 8 had more popularity than GRAW2.

For the record, GR died when it went from street and jungle firefights to urban door knocking with the LAN WARRIOR system and the ultimate denial of the project from the US Army. Maybe 50 years from now when the technology becomes more easily adapted and more compact for foot soldiers to carry, LAN Warrior will just be another draft on the drawing board. Can't wait to see electronic internals to go fiber optic, and yes, it WILL happen in our lifetime.

Six_Gun
05-19-2010, 01:29 AM
Originally posted by DoxilonQ:
I don't think ubi will redeem with the new Ghost Recon... You mean The Ghost of Hogwarts Recon, complete with invisibility cloak? I can't believe they weren't too embarrassed to show such a thing in a trailer.

Originally posted by Boris5134:
For the record, GR died when it went from street and jungle firefights to urban door knocking with the LAN WARRIOR system and the ultimate denial of the project from the US Army. LAN Warrior? It's Land Warrior, but there is a gaming case called the LAN Warrior. LOL

I was all into the Land Warrior prototypes when I first saw them. I even got intrigued by a reformed optical science professor I saw in videos talking about the possibility of invisibility suits using metamaterial after admitting the teachings in their field have been flawed for years. However having soldiers wear a cloak is not only unoriginal and impractical, it's just laughable.

GuZZ33
05-19-2010, 02:04 AM
Originally posted by mccream:
AS I FEARED, VERY BAD (MY OPINION).
Consult a medicine man and fix your way of thinking. Or ask your parents to up your nutrition.

KenTWOu
05-19-2010, 03:51 AM
Originally posted by mccream:
PC GAMER GIVES CONVICTION A 6.5.
Cause PC version has DRM system, low frames per second on old/new computers, problems with old video drivers, problems with multiplayer (port forwarding, firewall rules) etc...

And most PC gamers apparently live in caves, forests, jungles, mountains, on the bottom of the oceans... and didn't know anything about changing concept of Splinter Cell, E3 2009 gameplay demonstration and stealth redefine stuff. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

DonFrederik
05-19-2010, 04:03 AM
Originally posted by KenTWOu:
Cause PC version has DRM system, low frames per second on all computers, problems with most video drivers, problems with multiplayer (port forwarding, firewall rules, broken matchmaking, poor performance) etc...

Fixed http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

KenTWOu
05-19-2010, 04:20 AM
Originally posted by DonFrederik:
low frames per second on all computers, problems with most video drivers...
I have C2D E8400 (3.0 GHz), ATI/AMD 4850 512, Cat 9.12, 2Gb RAM, Windows 7 x86.
Conviction was very smooth without antialiasing, except some freezes during video cut-scenes.
But Catalyst 10.4 solves this problem, and allows me to turn on 8x anti-aliasing.

Originally posted by DonFrederik:
broken matchmaking, poor performance) etc...

As I can see It depends on ping, if ping is good, than performance is good too. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Boris5134
05-19-2010, 07:24 AM
LAN Warrior? It's Land Warrior, but there is a gaming case called the LAN Warrior. LOL

I was all into the Land Warrior prototypes when I first saw them. I even got intrigued by a reformed optical science professor I saw in videos talking about the possibility of invisibility suits using metamaterial after admitting the teachings in their field have been flawed for years. However having soldiers wear a cloak is not only unoriginal and impractical, it's just laughable.

Ohy, LAND Warrior it is, missed it. What I get for being up for too long and dealing with 4 raging dragon queen sisters and a menopausal mother. XD

Kristian_G
05-19-2010, 08:32 AM
PC GAMER GIVES CONVICTION A 6.5
And one score matters because they are the only PC game reviewer on TEH PLANETZ!
The game has got scores from 60-100.

MAY YOU DIE A SWIFT AND SPEEDY DEATH.
How are they supposed to keep making good games or redeem themselves if they do that?

Also, swift AND speedy? Why not also throw in quick and hasty as well http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

UPlayer_99
05-19-2010, 09:43 AM
Topics in pinboards are ment to discuss. If one wants to just express his opinion, then leave he could start a blog or use twitter, or any derivative of this crap. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

This topic is a typical example how it's not done and shows all signs of a troll topic: Author posts an all capslock post, then leaves and didn't answer back for 24 hours.

Go f...eed yourself then! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif

GuZZ33
05-19-2010, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by UPlayer_99:
typical example, didn't answer back for 24 hours.
It's best this way mate, let them vent/rant for a few, then one can only hope they don't foul this place again with their continual drivel.

SteroidFreud
05-19-2010, 10:20 AM
Aww what man, I liked GRAW and GRAW2 - saying that, I did only play them coop with a friend and it was a blast.

Really enjoyed it.

Then, on like mission 6 or something, we started getting errors (GRAW2) and we've never been able to complete it.

Can't remember if I used Tunngle or Hamachi for that either, but we never had *any* connection problems.

Few other Ubisoft games I love:

Brothers in Arms.
Bound in Blood.
Chessmaster.
Far Cry 2 (meh, not as much)
Dark Massiah of Might and Magic
Prince of Persia
Rainbow Six Vegas 1&2 (multiplayer)

---SO, Ubisoft do produce some decent games, but then they just spit in our faces with their complete lack of support for the games they produce - like now - waiting 2 weeks + for a fix for multiplayer.

Still doesn't work.

It really is a love-hate relationship. I vow to never buy another one of their games, but I know I WILL.

CAINE-SC
05-19-2010, 11:18 AM
The lack of response is ****ing me off too. UBISOFT should take an example at DICE which keeps there paying customers informed and deliver good patches/updates.

Maybe i expected too much from SC Conviction, but when is UBISOFT fixing there MULTIPLAYER FOR ONCE.
We are forced to open ports for example, how oldschool is this ****. Not to mention the *most of the time* bad syncing...

KingKong001
05-19-2010, 12:54 PM
What I'm about to say is pretty sad. I've not completed this game YET. I've had so much problems with this game, from the mouse smooth on, to the Game Launcher shutting down for no reason. It usually shuts off changing settings or pressing Esc to get to the game. Not to mention, because I'm living with my parents for a bit and they're way out of the city, I'm stuck with wireless internet.

This DRM is pathetic. The new Prine of Persia will indeed use the DRM too. And I was going to buy it. But I'm not, no more.

Six_Gun
05-19-2010, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by SteroidFreud:
Few other Ubisoft games I love:

Brothers in Arms.
Bound in Blood.
Chessmaster.
Far Cry 2 (meh, not as much)
Dark Massiah of Might and Magic
Prince of Persia
Rainbow Six Vegas 1&2 (multiplayer)
Of that list I will concur BiB wasn't bad, but Red Dead Redemption will easily blow it out of the water.

GRAW was a big let down IMO. It was laggy as hell and the AI were clueless. The forbidden fail mission areas limited your flanking ability too.

Ashrien
05-20-2010, 01:29 AM
Came to the company's forums just to post a thread about how much you DON'T support them?

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/34.gif