PDA

View Full Version : On screen messages---help please

pcelt
11-07-2004, 07:15 PM
I have just been setting up a few full fighter squadron encounters.
My problem is that once the combat starts with many aircraft involved there are so many written messages reflecting all the pilot chat, covering the top half of the screen--and they seem to last on screen for quite a while--that it is very difficult to actually see the aircraft involved in the dogfight .
This is all very unsatisfactory and greatly detracts from the combat sitn and the necessary awareness of the position of the aircraft involved
Is there any way of either totally turning off the written messages from pilots in combat or at least of clearing them when wished.
Many thanks for any help with this

Sockeye45
11-07-2004, 07:35 PM
I can't remember off the top of my head, but its in the manual how you go about turning those off. It'll turn off the radio chatter you talk about, and also the information on the right-hand side of the screen about RPM, autopilot, prop pitch, mixture, etc.

Sorry I can't remember, but take a look in the manual. If you use the PDF version, do a word search for "radio chatter" or something similiar, and you should find it quick http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

Tully__
11-07-2004, 07:36 PM
In your game folder find the conf.ini file. Open it with notepad and find:

[game]
Arcade=0
HighGore=0
mapPadX=0.6738281
mapPadY=-0.037760418
viewSet=48
Intro=0
NoSubTitles=0
NoChatter=0
NoHudLog=0
NoLensFlare=1
iconTypes=3
eventlog=eventlog.lst
eventlogkeep=1
SubTitlesLines=5

If you set:

NoSubTitles=1

you'll get no text at all, or you can limit the number of lines that appear at one time using the SubTitlesLines setting.

pcelt
11-07-2004, 08:14 PM
Very useful information---thanks to you both for the speedy help.

Cheers

NB Just checked and found the
"SubTitlesLines=5 does not appear in my current standalone PF Config.ini file.
I presume I can just add a line with the max I would like?

Tully__
11-07-2004, 08:46 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by pcelt:
NB Just checked and found the
"SubTitlesLines=5 does not appear in my current standalone PF Config.ini file.
I presume I can just add a line with the max I would like? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's what the readme file says. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif