PDA

View Full Version : Question on making Missions

VF-3Thunderboy
02-05-2005, 06:11 PM
Just wondering if you can make missions starting in the air at any altitude? I saw alot of people complaining about the "long" mission times and was puzzled. -Just do your own.???

Not counting Quick Combat. Im talking mission builder here. Thanks

VF-3Thunderboy
02-05-2005, 06:11 PM
Just wondering if you can make missions starting in the air at any altitude? I saw alot of people complaining about the "long" mission times and was puzzled. -Just do your own.???

Not counting Quick Combat. Im talking mission builder here. Thanks

Extreme_One
02-05-2005, 06:27 PM
Yes you can.

Not everyone wants to make there own missions though...

The FMB is pretty daunting to use for the uninitiated.

Stick with it and it's very rewarding.

HotelBushranger
02-05-2005, 07:47 PM
I don't see what everyone has got against it. It's quite easy really, once you get used to it.

Rightio, first of all you go to the top of the screen, where there's a View button, click that and scroll down to Object. This will bring up a list of everything you can put into the map, including planes, tanks, ships, buildings, etc.
When you've picked the aircraft you want, hold down control and then left click. A little dot will appear where you clicked it. Now in the Objects window, if you've still got it up, a bunch of new tabs will appear, including Properties, Waypoint, and Plane 1,2,3,4 depending on how many oyu put. In properties you can change the team, country, weapon loadout, number of planes, skill etc.
In the waypoint window, it will have 2 boxes, one height (m) and one speed (kn/h). This is where you can change the altitude. If you look at the bottom, there is a list of different waypoint types-Normfly (just normal flying) TakeOff (will move waypoint icon to nearest airfield, however you can change it, Landing (landing) and GAttack (attacks ground targets. You can specify GA, TakeOff and Landing points (carriers for Land,TO, specific tanks, ships for GA) by pressing the set button. A green line should appear from the waypoint, and your cursor. Then, you just click the object you want.

That should be about it, happy mission making!

Saunders1953
02-05-2005, 09:24 PM
Three words of advice for the unitiated to FMB:
unselect, unselect and unselect!

LOL, I can't count how many times I've found a revetment or an 88 or a destroyer or something sitting on the runway instead of the flight I thought I was setting on the map after forgetting to unselect the previous object I was working with.

I got IL2 when it first came out but was a little daunted by the FMB so only did missions and QMB. Then, for various reasons I didn't play it much until I heard about PF coming, so got FB/AEP Gold Pack (for $10!) last September, PF in October, and dived into FMB and never looked back. It helped that there were several good tutorials available this time around. Try this one:

http://people.ee.ethz.ch/~chapman/il2guide/fmbguide/intro.htm

Call me a fanboy, but there is so much to this game, I really do enjoy the hell out of it.

VF-3Thunderboy
02-05-2005, 10:47 PM
..Whered you get it for $10.00 Bucks?

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

Saunders1953
02-05-2005, 11:03 PM
A friend of one of my sons. He got it for $19.95, I think from Best Buy.

Saunders1953
02-05-2005, 11:07 PM
But, I bought FB late 2003 for the $39.95 or whatever, and could never get it to install--thought it was me or my system at the time (not good). And I didn't read these Forums back then, or maybe I could have figured earlier than I did that it was a porked CD--had minute pits in it. I use it as a coaster.

Bearcat99
02-06-2005, 05:47 AM
Hit my sig and scroll down to UberDemon;s software. DL the UQMG. Uber Quick ZMission Generator..... Full Mission Builder Power with Quick Mission Builder ease.

And yea the FMB isnt hard once yoiu get past the cumbersomeness.. it is actually quite easy to use.. it just looks intimidating

Jester_159th
02-06-2005, 06:06 AM
Does UberDemon's software work with the merged install of FB+AEP+PF?

Saunders1953
02-06-2005, 08:42 AM
As of a week or so ago, UberDemon was still working on it, adding lots of features. He posted an update on the Mission Builder Forum a month ago:
http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=400102&f=50910533&m=4711056162

Bluedog72
02-06-2005, 04:48 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jester_159th:
Does UberDemon's software work with the merged install of FB+AEP+PF? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

In short...Yes, it does.

Just not fully, there are some maps and aircraft not yet available, but by using Shift E's QMT as well, you can easily add the new aircraft.