PDA

View Full Version : DRM and another error question

Wheelie111
04-28-2010, 12:16 PM
Hai,

I won't start about flaming Ubi or the DRM. I am real happy they blew new life in the SC series.

I bought the game for the PC this afternoon and ran into the awesome DRM issue, no biggie I understand this is needed against crackers but what I would like to know is if there is an estimated time on a fix ?

When the game does start up it goes to the main menu and I encounter a new problem. It gives the error: "Game.LostConnection.Resume". Anyone know what this is? Or how I can solve it?

Thanks in advance!

chrkaise
04-28-2010, 12:27 PM
i agree, they've done a great job with the presentation of the game (if u can play it) and i think this just beat out Chaos Theory as my new favorite SC title... the DJ Shadow (also used in assassins) and the Cisco products (which i sell at work) were a great touch.

however your connection issue you mentioned second is something i havnt seen yet. i know a menu pops up during the game if it think u lose your connection and prevents u from doing anything except quitting to desktop. maybe thats what you are getting?

DoxilonQ
04-28-2010, 12:35 PM
Did you really buy the game? Because I heard that pirates have this problem. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Wheelie111
04-28-2010, 12:37 PM
I dont know, sometimes the game DOES start and I get that error.

SVanditX22
04-28-2010, 12:39 PM
it has something to do with the fact that your DVD may have been exposed to oxygen. You'll have to request a new disc from Ubisoft and make sure when you open it, do NOT expose it to the open air or sunlight.

Wheelie111
04-28-2010, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by DoxilonQ:
Did you really buy the game? Because I heard that pirates have this problem. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

I read that aswell but I did buy it. Have it a few hours now. However I also read people on the Steam forums with the problems so I guess not only pirates get this error.

TheStranger.
04-28-2010, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by SVanditX22:
it has something to do with the fact that your DVD may have been exposed to oxygen. You'll have to request a new disc from Ubisoft and make sure when you open it, do NOT expose it to the open air or sunlight.

Nah, you don't need to go that far. I have heard that all you need to do is take it outdoors, squirt some lighter fluid on it and torch the POS. This will make you feel much more satisfied than actually trying to beat the game.
It may also help if you scream "I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER UBISOFT PRODUCT!" all the while video taping it. You can then post that on youtube and get lots of laughs out of the comments people will leave you. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

jlaheye
04-28-2010, 12:44 PM
the Game.lostconnection.resume error thing went away when i uninstalled the game launcher (through configuration>remove programms thingy) and reinstalled it using the exe on the game disc.

Wheelie111
04-28-2010, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by jlaheye:
the Game.lostconnection.resume error thing went away when i uninstalled the game launcher (through configuration>remove programms thingy) and reinstalled it using the exe on the game disc.

That worked thanks alot! Now just the DRM to go because the game starts up 20% of the time instead of 100%