PDA

View Full Version : Altair and Ezio

A_E_D
06-27-2011, 12:10 PM
Desmond is a direct descendant of ALtair. He is also a direct descendant of Ezio. Is Ezio a direct descendant of Altair? Keep in mind that it doesn't have to be the case that they are just because they share a common descendant.

I ask because I have always assumed that they were, but my recent 100% sync playthrough of the three main AC games so far have provided NO evidence that Ezio is a direct descendant of Altair. If someone else has found evidence that proves them to be, please comment and provide proper citations.

Also a disclaimer: I have read the forum rules and have used the search function multiple times, but to be honest your search function isn't very useful. Whenever I search for something like "Is Ezio a direct descendant of Altair" every thread that includes the names 'Ezio' or 'Altair' pop up, which is literally every thread on this forum.

medcsu11
06-27-2011, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by A_E_D:
Desmond is a direct descendant of ALtair. He is also a direct descendant of Ezio. Is Ezio a direct descendant of Altair? Keep in mind that it doesn't have to be the case that they are just because they share a common descendant.

I ask because I have always assumed that they were, but my recent 100% sync playthrough of the three main AC games so far have provided NO evidence that Ezio is a direct descendant of Altair. If someone else has found evidence that proves them to be, please comment and provide proper citations.

Also a disclaimer: I have read the forum rules and have used the search function multiple times, but to be honest your search function isn't very useful. Whenever I search for something like "Is Ezio a direct descendant of Altair" every thread that includes the names 'Ezio' or 'Altair' pop up, which is literally every thread on this forum.

Of course Ezio is direct from Altair. Consider it this way.

Desmond:
Direct to first Altair (1191) then Ezio (1500).

Altair (1200) has a child

That child to (approx) 1260 (in meantime has child)

That child to 1320 (approx) (in meantime has child)

Etc etc until Ezio is born, continue trend to Desmond.

There is no way Desmond can be a DIRECT descendant to both Altair AND Ezio without having Ezio be a direct descendant to Altair.

A_E_D
06-27-2011, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by medcsu11:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by A_E_D:

Of course Ezio is direct from Altair. Consider it this way.

Desmond:
Direct to first Altair (1191) then Ezio (1500).

Altair (1200) has a child

That child to (approx) 1260 (in meantime has child)

That child to 1320 (approx) (in meantime has child)

Etc etc until Ezio is born, continue trend to Desmond.

There is no way Desmond can be a DIRECT descendant to both Altair AND Ezio without having Ezio be a direct descendant to Altair </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
the part in bold is copleteley and utterly false. I will give you an example:

-your maternal grandfather
-you father

you are a direct descendant of each and they have zero blood relation to each other

for the next person who comments on this, if to answer my question please provide evidence

iN3krO
06-27-2011, 12:39 PM
I don't think Sofia Sorto (or how she's named) is the direct descendent of Altair or we would already have heard about her in the previous game... also, Ezio got a face similar to the Altair's One http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

A_E_D
06-27-2011, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by daniel_gervide:
I don't think Sofia Sorto (or how she's named) is the direct descendent of Altair or we would already have heard about her in the previous game... also, Ezio got a face similar to the Altair's One http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Sofia Sorto doesn't have to be a direct descendant of Altair (assuming she's the one who gives birth to Ezio's child who is Desmond's ancestor) for Desmond to be a direct ancestor of Ezio, if that is what you mean. And the face is not proof.

iN3krO
06-27-2011, 01:35 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by daniel_gervide:

Sofia Sorto doesn't have to be a direct descendant of Altair (assuming she's the one who gives birth to Ezio's child who is Desmond's ancestor) for Desmond to be a direct ancestor of Ezio, if that is what you mean. And the face is not proof. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If ezio isn't direct descendent of altair and sofia sorto either, how would desmond be direct descendent of altair? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

scope2005
06-27-2011, 02:03 PM
Apart from the obvious fact that they look identical... (Yes Identical - their facial features are Exactly the same model of francisco randez) Which would be too much of a coincidence if they were not directly related, and both have the unique Eagle Vision/Sense that is possibly related to a shared bloodline with TWCB - there is also direct evidence in AC2 that Ezio is decended from Altair.

In the Auditore Crypt in Monterigionni, the story of Domenico Auditore (Ezio's Great Grandfather) is recorded on the walls.

It is explicitly stated that Domenico's Father reveals to him that he is an assassin and is decended from Altair.

I also recall Mario telling Ezio that their family are directly related to Altair when they first discuss the codex and he takes Ezio to the Sanctuary.

Therefore Ezio being directly related to his Grandfather, must be directly related to Altair. To be honest I never thought it was a question that needed to be asked http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

albertwesker22
06-27-2011, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by scope2005:
Apart from the obvious fact that they look identical... Which would be too much of a coincidence if they were not, and have the unique Eagle Vision/Sense that is possibly related to a shared bloodline with TWCB - there is direct evidence in AC2 that Ezio is decended from Altair.

In the Auditore Crypt in Monterigionni, the story of Domenico Auditore (Ezio's Great Grandfather) is recorded on the walls.

It is explicitly stated that Domenico's Father reveals to him that he is an assassin and is decended from Altair.

I also recall Mario telling Ezio that thier family are directly related to Altair when they first discuss the codex and he takes Ezio to the Sanctuary.

Therefore Ezio being directly related to his Grandfather, must be related to Altair. To be honest I never thought it was a question that needed to be asked http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Ezio does not know that he is decended from Altair. He is never told in the game, Mario only tells him that Altair wrote the Codex, so Mario also had no idea(Speculation on my part)

I'm guessing Ezio will find out Altair is his ancestor, when he goes to Masyaf.

Calvarok
06-27-2011, 02:14 PM
The evidence that we have is that the games are ABOUT moving between direct desendants, and no matter if it would be possible for Ezio to not be one, he WILL be. Sure, it's convenient, but a lot of things in AC are convenient.

A_E_D
06-27-2011, 02:17 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by A_E_D:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by daniel_gervide:

Sofia Sorto doesn't have to be a direct descendant of Altair (assuming she's the one who gives birth to Ezio's child who is Desmond's ancestor) for Desmond to be a direct ancestor of Ezio, if that is what you mean. And the face is not proof. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If ezio isn't direct descendent of altair and sofia sorto either, how would desmond be direct descendent of altair? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
You need to study how family trees and lineages work my friend.

A_E_D
06-27-2011, 02:18 PM
Apart from the obvious fact that they look identical... (Yes Identical - their facial features are Exactly the same model of francisco randez) Which would be too much of a coincidence if they were not directly related, and both have the unique Eagle Vision/Sense that is possibly related to a shared bloodline with TWCB - there is also direct evidence in AC2 that Ezio is decended from Altair.

I also recall Mario telling Ezio that their family are directly related to Altair when they first discuss the codex and he takes Ezio to the Sanctuary.

Therefore Ezio being directly related to his Grandfather, must be directly related to Altair. To be honest I never thought it was a question that needed to be asked http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
Alright, was that a Uplay reward? I never got that so I wouldn't know. You are sure that it explicitly states this?

And also, the biggest point of this thread was to increase awareness that Ezio and Altair don't necessarily have to be related to each other in any way (other than they are both assassins) for Desmond to be a direct descendant of both. Many people on this forum don't understand things like this and I felt it was a point that had to be made.

scope2005
06-27-2011, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by albertwesker22:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by scope2005:
Apart from the obvious fact that they look identical... Which would be too much of a coincidence if they were not, and have the unique Eagle Vision/Sense that is possibly related to a shared bloodline with TWCB - there is direct evidence in AC2 that Ezio is decended from Altair.

I also recall Mario telling Ezio that thier family are directly related to Altair when they first discuss the codex and he takes Ezio to the Sanctuary.

Therefore Ezio being directly related to his Grandfather, must be related to Altair. To be honest I never thought it was a question that needed to be asked http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Ezio does not know that he is decended from Altair. He is never told in the game, Mario only tells him that Altair wrote the Codex, so Mario also had no idea(Speculation on my part)

I'm guessing Ezio will find out Altair is his ancestor, when he goes to Masyaf. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have actually only just replayed this part in AC2 (grand marathon of all 3 games before revelations :P), now while I remember Mario tell's him Altair wrote the codex... I am pretty sure when Mario takes Ezio down to the Sanctuary and shows him the Armor of Altair that he tell's Ezio they are related - I am going to check this out again as I am sure I didn't imagine it :P

I did check out the text of the auditore crypt though - I was wrong! It states that Domenico was descended from the assassin order but doesn't state Altiar specifically at all!

Hmm... Perhaps Ubisoft didn't really need to state the obvious?

I think your Theory still holds some water :P But I still disagree hehe!

A_E_D
06-27-2011, 02:30 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by albertwesker22:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by scope2005:

I'm guessing Ezio will find out Altair is his ancestor, when he goes to Masyaf. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have actually only just replayed this part in AC2 (grand marathon of all 3 games before revelations :P), now while I remember Mario tell's him Altair wrote the codex... I am pretty sure when Mario takes Ezio down to the Sanctuary and shows him the Armor of Altair that he tell's Ezio they are related - I am going to check this out again as I am sure I didn't imagine it :P

I did check out the text of the auditore crypt though - I was wrong! It states that Domenico was descended from the assassin order but doesn't state Altiar specifically at all!

Hmm... Perhaps Ubisoft didn't really need to state the obvious?

I think your Theory still holds some water :P But I still disagree hehe! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am not trying to push any theory, just a question if We are ever explicitly told that Ezio is a direct descendant of Altair, and the fact that they don't necessarily have to be. I had always assumed they were, because it was convenient, but just recently while playing all 3 games realized that it never tells you that they are.

Assassin_M
06-27-2011, 02:48 PM
The Assassins creed II official game guide explicitly states that Ezio is a direct descendent of Altair, Cant quote the specific lines though

sassinscreed
06-27-2011, 02:56 PM
Desmond is a direct descendant of ALtair. He is also a direct descendant of Ezio. Is Ezio a direct descendant of Altair?

is it really important? i mean what will happen after you find out? it won't change the game, and everybody who answers here can just guess so whats the point

Assassin_M
06-27-2011, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by sassinscreed:
Desmond is a direct descendant of ALtair. He is also a direct descendant of Ezio. Is Ezio a direct descendant of Altair?

is it really important? i mean what will happen after you find out? it won't change the game, and everybody who answers here can just guess so whats the point </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Ever heard of discussion ?

dchil279
06-27-2011, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by sassinscreed:

is it really important? i mean what will happen after you find out? it won't change the game, and everybody who answers here can just guess so whats the point </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I am hoping that someone will answer this question and show that he only overlooked something because this is really bugging me. that's the point.

iN3krO
06-27-2011, 03:13 PM

If ezio isn't direct descendent of altair and sofia sorto either, how would desmond be direct descendent of altair? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
You need to study how family trees and lineages work my friend. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

tell me how could desmond be direct descendent of ezio and altair at same time if either ezio or his love are direct descendent of altair?...

Now u are completly wrong http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

A_E_D
06-27-2011, 03:24 PM

You need to study how family trees and lineages work my friend. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

tell me how could desmond be direct descendent of ezio and altair at same time if either ezio or his love are direct descendent of altair?...

Now u are completly wrong http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
No, you are still wrong, and are now making yourself look stupider by being so persistent.

At some point in Desmond's direct ancestry, A direct descendant of Ezio and a direct descendant of ALtair would have to have paired up but not necessarily Ezio and his love.

iN3krO
06-27-2011, 03:48 PM

Now u are completly wrong http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
No, you are still wrong, and are now making yourself look stupider by being so persistent.

At some point in Desmond's direct ancestry, A direct descendant of Ezio and a direct descendant of ALtair would have to have paired up but not necessarily Ezio and his love. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah u are right xD i went to prove you're wrong when i got what u were saying xD...

Well, ezio is too similar to altair so it's almost said with that (and the eagle vision)

Mic_92
06-27-2011, 08:06 PM
Dude..No offense but it's pretty damn obvious and quite frankly, it just looks like you're trying to show off your knowledge.

-Ezio's ancestry is explained in the Auditore crypt, it even says Domenico had to change his last name. The villa also has Altair's armor.

-Ezio and Altair have 99% the same face.

-They both have the Eagle vision.

And finally, even if you can dismiss those three previous points, this last one closes the case.

-Ezio SEES Altair in the ACR trailer the exact same way Desmond sees Ezio in ACB.

This thread can now be closed and forgotten.

A_E_D
06-27-2011, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by Mic_92:
Dude..No offense but it's pretty damn obvious and quite frankly, it just looks like you're trying to show off your knowledge.

-Ezio's ancestry is explained in the Auditore crypt, it even says Domenico had to change his last name. The villa also has Altair's armor.

And finally, even if you can dismiss those three previous points, this last one closes the case.

-Ezio SEES Altair in the ACR trailer the exact same way Desmond sees Ezio in ACB.

It just looks like you are having your period, because there is no reason to get upset.

This thread was meant either to point out that we were never told if they were related, or for someone to tell me where it says they are. I'm sorry if it appeared that I was trying to show off, but nothing ****es me off more than someone persistently telling you that you're wrong when you are right.

As for the actual discussion, it is pretty damn obvious and convenient but I realized that it was never made fact. All I am trying to do is point that out. I still think that they probably are, but am just playing devil's advocate.

You bring up good points though, which is what I wanted someone to do from the beginning... to start a discussion about what people think based on the facts presented.

mrbrandonette
06-28-2011, 01:41 AM
Actually, throughout all the ads for AC: Revelations they repeatedly say that "Ezio will walk in the footsteps of his ancestory Altair" and "Ezio will be reliving his ancestor's memorios through 5 different seals" etc, etc. Altair is an ancestor of Ezio, case closed. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

mrbrandonette
06-28-2011, 08:31 AM
Thought I'd put this up for ya too. "Dante was also escorted by his apprentice, a descendant of Alta´r's named Domenico, who had only recently been made aware of his Assassin heritage. As the pirates attacked, Domenico broke apart the Codex and hid it from the pirates, though he was too late to save the life of his Master and his wife.[7]

Eventually, Domenico and his son took the name of Auditore, and constructed the Villa Auditore in Monteriggioni.[7] Beneath the villa, they constructed the Sanctuary; inside of which rested the unbreakable armor of Alta´r. These robes later passed into the possession of yet another of Alta´r's descendants, the Assassin Ezio Auditore da Firenze.[3]"

Taken from the wiki.

A_E_D
07-23-2011, 03:11 PM
What Now? (http://kotaku.com/5823431/what-i-thought-i-knew-about-assassins-creed-revelations-was-partially-wrong)

blazefp
07-23-2011, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by mrbrandonette:
Thought I'd put this up for ya too. "Dante was also escorted by his apprentice, a descendant of Alta´r's named Domenico, who had only recently been made aware of his Assassin heritage. As the pirates attacked, Domenico broke apart the Codex and hid it from the pirates, though he was too late to save the life of his Master and his wife.[7]

Eventually, Domenico and his son took the name of Auditore, and constructed the Villa Auditore in Monteriggioni.[7] Beneath the villa, they constructed the Sanctuary; inside of which rested the unbreakable armor of Alta´r. These robes later passed into the possession of yet another of Alta´r's descendants, the Assassin Ezio Auditore da Firenze.[3]"

Taken from the wiki.

Wikia is wrong, Domenico isn't Alta´r descendant. Ezio and Alta´r aren't related, however Desmond is related to both of them.

dchil279
07-23-2011, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by mrbrandonette:

Taken from the wiki.

The wiki is written by the people, not the developers.

Assassin_M
07-23-2011, 03:46 PM
OP, I commend you and I apologize on behalf of anyone who has doubted what you said, but still the AC II official game guide says that Altair and ezio are related, so I really think that this whole twist was a last second Idea, it wasnt planned

LightRey
07-23-2011, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by Assassin_M:
OP, I commend you and I apologize on behalf of anyone who has doubted what you said, but still the AC II official game guide says that Altair and ezio are related, so I really think that this whole twist was a last second Idea, it wasnt planned
Could you quote the part where it says they are?

Assassin_M
07-23-2011, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Assassin_M:
Could you quote the part where it says they are? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Alright but tommorow at the very least cuz im not home

LightRey
07-23-2011, 03:55 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Assassin_M:
Alright but tommorow at the very least cuz im not home </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
oh btw, isn't the game guide made by Prima, which has no direct involvement with ubisoft or the development of the AC games?

Assassin_M
07-23-2011, 04:01 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
oh btw, isn't the game guide made by Prima, which has no direct involvement with ubisoft or the development of the AC games? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yup but im sure the Team follows it before its published closely because its the official game guide for heaven`s sake if they had it planned from point 1 they would`v told them no they are not related...... dont you think ?

LightRey
07-23-2011, 04:18 PM
oh btw, isn't the game guide made by Prima, which has no direct involvement with ubisoft or the development of the AC games? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yup but im sure the Team follows it before its published closely because its the official game guide for heaven`s sake if they had it planned from point 1 they would`v told them no they are not related...... dont you think ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
yeah, but I can very well imagine that this is just something the writers of the guide assumed. Especially now that we know they're not related.

Assassin_M
07-23-2011, 04:32 PM
Yup but im sure the Team follows it before its published closely because its the official game guide for heaven`s sake if they had it planned from point 1 they would`v told them no they are not related...... dont you think ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
yeah, but I can very well imagine that this is just something the writers of the guide assumed. Especially now that we know they're not related. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Trust me any info given in the guide is legit because it has a personal statement from patrice saying how they are happy with this guide and all

LightRey
07-23-2011, 04:37 PM
Trust me any info given in the guide is legit because it has a personal statement from patrice saying how they are happy with this guide and all
I highly doubt they'd pay attention to every little detail. Not to mention the fact that they would probably not mention any such incorrect statements since doing so would reveal that the opposite is in fact true, which they likely didn't want to reveal at the time.

Assassin_M
07-23-2011, 04:46 PM
I highly doubt they'd pay attention to every little detail. Not to mention the fact that they would probably not mention any such incorrect statements since doing so would reveal that the opposite is in fact true, which they likely didn't want to reveal at the time. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
This is getting us nowhere, look I still believe that this wasnt the plan from the start, I mean come on even now there are rumors that AC chronicles was the original story of the first AC, but was altered and thrown out there as a different game, and look at revelations, first they say no AC in 2011 then boom, new AC in 2011 that was originally the 3ds game.

CRUDFACE
07-23-2011, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by Mic_92:

Countering...

-it says he had to change his last name to fit into the noble society so that he could be an assassin. It never said his last name had anything to do with Altair...

-The animus overshadows your face on those of the ancestors. And it's a middle eastern man being compared to a Florentine Noble, of course they wouldn't look the same

-Giovanni Borgia in Project Legacy did to, but he's not related to Ezio. And so did Marcus Junius Brutus, but he's not related to Ezio either

-Ezio is using the disks that hold Altair's memories, same concept of the bleeding effect on an artificial approach.

Yeah, no biggie...

LightRey
07-23-2011, 04:56 PM
I highly doubt they'd pay attention to every little detail. Not to mention the fact that they would probably not mention any such incorrect statements since doing so would reveal that the opposite is in fact true, which they likely didn't want to reveal at the time. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
This is getting us nowhere, look I still believe that this wasnt the plan from the start, I mean come on even now there are rumors that AC chronicles was the original story of the first AC, but was altered and thrown out there as a different game, and look at revelations, first they say no AC in 2011 then boom, new AC in 2011 that was originally the 3ds game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
At this point it's mere speculation anyways. At least it is clear that they're not related and that's all that really matters.

Also, props to t260z for countering everyone who claims Ezio and Alta´r are related. Thank you for purging this forum from lies and assumptions.

Assassin_M
07-23-2011, 04:59 PM
This is getting us nowhere, look I still believe that this wasnt the plan from the start, I mean come on even now there are rumors that AC chronicles was the original story of the first AC, but was altered and thrown out there as a different game, and look at revelations, first they say no AC in 2011 then boom, new AC in 2011 that was originally the 3ds game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
At this point it's mere speculation anyways. At least it is clear that they're not related and that's all that really matters.

Also, props to t260z for countering everyone who claims Ezio and Alta´r are related. Thank you for purging this forum from lies and assumptions. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
People who say they are related are either not accepting a fact they`v known for 3 years as false or are just misled

Shababa2011
07-23-2011, 05:02 PM
lemme break it down to you then since many seems to get the wrong point, ezio and altair are NOT related.

-ezio's great grandfather (or w/e in the line he is) Domenico, the founder of the villa and the one adopting the auditore name. his fathers Patron, is Marco polo.

- Marco polo's grandfather is Niccol˛ Polo.

- Niccol˛ Polo is one of the 2 venetian merchants who travelled to Masyaf to seek guidance from Alta´r, and those 2 merchants later became honored assassins.

so ezio's assassin heritage, origins from niccolo, who was an apprentice of altair (not descendant). but niccolo is not ezio's ancestor either, his heritage is because of niccolo's grandson, marco polo, that he had a patron, who happend to be the father of domenico auditore, ezio's great grandfather.

- AC WIKI (the story of all of these people brings together the puzzle)

Assassin_M
07-23-2011, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by Shababa2011:
lemme break it down to you then since many seems to get the wrong point, ezio and altair are NOT related.

-ezio's great grandfather (or w/e in the line he is) Domenico, the founder of the villa and the one adopting the auditore name. his fathers Patron, is Marco polo.

- Marco polo's Father is Niccol˛ Polo.

- Niccol˛ Polo is one of the 2 venetian merchants who travelled to Masyaf to seek guidance from Alta´r, and those 2 merchants later became honored assassins.

so ezio's assassin heritage, origins from niccolo, who was an apprentice of altair (not descendant). but niccolo is not ezio's ancestor either, his heritage is because of niccolo's grandson, marco polo, that he had a patron, who happend to be the father of domenico auditore, ezio's great grandfather.

- AC WIKI (the story of all of these people brings together the puzzle)
correction

twenty_glyphs
07-23-2011, 07:39 PM
I have all three strategy guides. The first one is by Prima and the last two are by Piggyback. They're all very well-done, especially compared to other guides. I really enjoy the story info and conjecture at the end of the last two books, but I still take them with a grain of salt. Even though they work closely with the developers, the authors don't have all the story info. There are interpretations about where the story is going or what some of the events mean that I think are very wrong in spots. That being said, the AC2 guide does say that Alta´r is Ezio's ancestor in one place that I've found so far. Ezio has his own bio in the Brotherhood guide that he doesn't have in the AC2 guide, but it doesn't say anything about being descended from Alta´r. Here's the quote from page 189 of the AC2 guide, talking about why the Codex was broken up and quoting from the Auditore Family Crypt:

The timeline also indicates that this was the account of a close descendent of Alta´r, no more than a few generations past, and so explains how the family tree extends its branches to Europe. Venice would have been a ready destination for somebody who needed to escape the Holy Land. With the fabrication of the Auditore nobility and the naturalization of future generations, the genetic continuity is explained.

I also found the Game Informer article that introduced AC2 and it also mentions the relation:

[Ezio's] a young man with a far different background from his ancestor, Alta´r. The link between the two is a necessary precursor to Desmond's ancestral memories, but the actual family ties remain a matter of unrevealed plotline.

I still say both of these examples could be writers making assumptions that may not have been directly stated to them by the development team. Game Informer makes the assumption that they have to be related in order for Desmond to have both of their memories, making the same mistake most of us have by forgetting about the fact that we all have two parents, which opens up whole lines of ancestral memories.

It seems like the developers were purposefully keeping Ezio's tie to Alta´r a mystery. That could have been because they knew they weren't related or because they wanted to keep their options open. I still think Alta´r sending the Codex away with Venetian explorers instead of keeping it in his own family is evidence that Ezio is not his descendent. Either way, it doesn't matter to me because they aren't contradicting anything that was said in any of the actual stories now.

Incidentally, one of the funny things about Ezio's ancestry that I find is I don't see how Domenico Auditore could have been his great-great grandfather. Mario says that his great grandfather built the Sanctuary and also told him Alta´r's Armor would be accessible with the seals. If Domenico was born in 1296 and Mario was born in 1434, that would make Domenico 138 at the time Mario was born. Then he would have lived long enough afterwards to tell Mario about the armor and have him remember it! So clearly that's a mistake, unless Domenico only built the family crypt and one of his descendants built the Sanctuary.

I don't know why people are so hung up on not wanting the story to take new directions that weren't intended in the past. As long as they stay true to the initial vision and tell a good story, I'll be happy. Look at it this way Ś your first draft is almost never your best. Darth Vader was not originally Luke's father and Bruce Willis wasn't a ghost until the sixth rewrite of The Sixth Sense. The original Matrix movie went through several revisions in order to be good enough for a movie studio to make and was a good story. The actors bragged that the sequels came out of the director/writers' heads in one version that wasn't revised at all, and look at how that story became an unsatisfying mess. There's nothing wrong with changing directions behind the scenes as long as the new stuff fits in well with the existing story, and it will usually be a stronger story because of it.

CRUDFACE
07-23-2011, 10:20 PM
Woah, the greatest twist ever wasn't made till the sixth rewrite? Wow, never knew that. But with everything said up there, I totally agree with. When I'm writing, sometimes I won't fully explain something because then you'll end up backing yourself up into a corner.

Actually, I don't think he says that he told him that they would be accessible with the seals, that instead that knowledge was passed down through the generations. He did say that his Great Grandfather constructed the house though, just as you said.

Also, props to t260z for countering everyone who claims Ezio and Alta´r are related. Thank you for purging this forum from lies and assumptions. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif lol, I'm like a forum cop! Oh wait, those are the managers.

dchil279
07-23-2011, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by t260z:
Woah, the greatest twist ever wasn't made till the sixth rewrite? Wow, never knew that. But with everything said up there, I totally agree with. When I'm writing, sometimes I won't fully explain something because then you'll end up backing yourself up into a corner.

Actually, I don't think he says that he told him that they would be accessible with the seals, that instead that knowledge was passed down through the generations. He did say that his Great Grandfather constructed the house though, just as you said.

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif lol, I'm like a forum cop! Oh wait, those are the managers. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I too have been trying to spread the word that they aren't related. In fact, my first post (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/8631005988?r=8631005988#8631005988) on this forum was on this topic. I'm not trying to brag, but i fell I deserve some credit for the constant abuse that I have taken.

blazefp
07-24-2011, 02:57 AM
Originally posted by dchil279:
I too have been trying to spread the word that they aren't related. In fact, my first post (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/8631005988?r=8631005988#8631005988) on this forum was on this topic. I'm not trying to brag, but i fell I deserve some credit for the constant abuse that I have taken.

Lol You want Light_Rey to write a thanks list? I started by thinking that Altair and Ezio were related because it was explicit on wikia but now I know it's wrong and I've made up my mind and now I also try to spread the word. Do I also deserve a extra credit for admitting that I was wrong publicly and for spreading the word? Hell yeah. Will I ask for other people to do that? NO

I couldn't tell if you were joking or not so I assumed not. If you were, sry xD

FiskMunk
07-24-2011, 04:21 AM
What of Ubisoft giving the two character's identical appearances (SYMBOLISM!) and the fact that Ezio is experiencing some kind of natural bleeding effect in Revelations? (That's what he's doing, right?)

raging8762
07-24-2011, 04:32 AM
Originally posted by FiskMunk:
What of Ubisoft giving the two character's identical appearances (SYMBOLISM!) and the fact that Ezio is experiencing some kind of natural bleeding effect in Revelations? (That's what he's doing, right?)

Exactly what I was thinking about earlier today. How does this make sense?

Blind2Society
07-24-2011, 04:50 AM
I realise most of you, at this point, are aware of the fact they are not related. However, for any of you out there who feel it is still an argument and just for complete clarification

From Assassin's Creed Comic-con Panel:
Q: Can you comment on Altair and Ezio's hookup? A: You mean are they related or are they gay? [haha] They are both related to Desmond but they're not related.

blazefp
07-24-2011, 04:53 AM
Well I believe the symbolism is just that - symbolism. It's no big deal, they just look the same because they were the most important assassins in history (as far as we know of course). The scar is also just symbolism.

The bleeding effect seems to be because Ezio relives Alta´r's memories. However Ubi says that Ezio went first to Masyaf and then to Constantinopla where he finds the seals and unlocks Alta´r's memories. And Ubi also said that this time the trailer is a part of the story. So I must assume that the trailer is Ezio getting back to Masyaf to open the library with the seals and he suffers from the bleeding effect there because it's where he relieves Alta´r's memories

FiskMunk
07-24-2011, 06:28 AM
Originally posted by blazefp:
The bleeding effect seems to be because Ezio relives Alta´r's memories. However Ubi says that Ezio went first to Masyaf and then to Constantinopla where he finds the seals and unlocks Alta´r's memories. And Ubi also said that this time the trailer is a part of the story. So I must assume that the trailer is Ezio getting back to Masyaf to open the library with the seals and he suffers from the bleeding effect there because it's where he relieves Alta´r's memories

How does that make sense?

blazefp
07-24-2011, 07:12 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by blazefp:

How does that make sense? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

? maybe you misunderstood. Ezio goes to Masyaf, finds that the seals are in constantinopla, goes there and after he got the seals and unlocks the memories he comes back to Masyaf and he has that visions.
What's wrong with this?

CRUDFACE
07-24-2011, 07:24 AM
Well I believe the symbolism is just that - symbolism. It's no big deal, they just look the same because they were the most important assassins in history (as far as we know of course). The scar is also just symbolism.

That's the thing, I'm wondering if the trailer ins'ta mix of the beginning and ending sequences in Assassin's creed Revelations. Because:

-Ezio doesn't have the hookblade yet
-Ezio was surprised that there were people there
-Ezio didn't try to really sneak in or anything. He just walked up...then got shot with an arrow, lol

I think it's actually the beginning sequence of the game, but they threw in the visions to show us what Ezio will go through.

FiskMunk
07-24-2011, 07:41 AM
? maybe you misunderstood. Ezio goes to Masyaf, finds that the seals are in constantinopla, goes there and after he got the seals and unlocks the memories he comes back to Masyaf and he has that visions.
What's wrong with this?

In the AC universe, how do you "unlock" the memories of a person that you aren't related to?

CRUDFACE
07-24-2011, 07:47 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by blazefp:
What's wrong with this?

In the AC universe, how do you "unlock" the memories of a person that you aren't related to? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lol, he's talking about the memories locked in the disk. It's like watching TV. But then the TV starts to go into autoplay inside your mind.

FiskMunk
07-24-2011, 08:00 AM
Lol, he's talking about the memories locked in the disk. It's like watching TV. But then the TV starts to go into autoplay inside your mind.

I think I've missed some crucial part to the story here - What discs? I thought Ezio just went looking for a bunch of keys?

blazefp
07-24-2011, 08:07 AM

That's the thing, I'm wondering if the trailer ins'ta mix of the beginning and ending sequences in Assassin's creed Revelations. Because:

-Ezio doesn't have the hookblade yet
-Ezio was surprised that there were people there
-Ezio didn't try to really sneak in or anything. He just walked up...then got shot with an arrow, lol

I think it's actually the beginning sequence of the game, but they threw in the visions to show us what Ezio will go through. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmm ok good points. I don't know how I haven't seen that. Anyway is just a trailer.

blazefp
07-24-2011, 08:10 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by t260z:

I think I've missed some crucial part to the story here - What discs? I thought Ezio just went looking for a bunch of keys? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That keys are the discs. Each one unlocks the memories of Altair that I was talking about

FiskMunk
07-24-2011, 09:47 AM
That keys are the discs. Each one unlocks the memories of Altair that I was talking about

Oh. Ohhh! They were TWCB-thingies, right? Then I suppose Alta´r could somehow have stored his experiences and stuff in them for future generations to unlock.
Well then, I guess it all makes sense.

bakerrossera
07-24-2011, 12:40 PM
i found this in the gameinformer article about revelations :"Ezio now over 50 years old, comes to masyaf seeking the wisdom left behind by his ancestor Altair" I'm not arguing that they're related but ubisoft is claiming they planned this and it is not a retconn but if they had planned this why wouldn't they have said they weren't directly related when they released ac2 and if they wanted it to be a twist why would they tell us before revelations came out. it just seems really weird to me and im having a hard time believing its not a retconn

CRUDFACE
07-24-2011, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by bakerrossera:
i found this in the gameinformer article about revelations :"Ezio now over 50 years old, comes to masyaf seeking the wisdom left behind by his ancestor Altair" I'm not arguing that they're related but ubisoft is claiming they planned this and it is not a retconn but if they had planned this why wouldn't they have said they weren't directly related when they released ac2 and if they wanted it to be a twist why would they tell us before revelations came out. it just seems really weird to me and im having a hard time believing its not a retconn

I know, I read that to. The thing is, the guy who was interviewing Ubisoft said that, not the guy who is getting interviewed. they just assumed it. Look for stuff where the people who actually made the game said that or in the game itself.

blazefp
07-24-2011, 01:05 PM

Lol well seen but we've already conclude that they aren't related and honestly I'm tired of this matter and I won't say anything else about it.

bakerrossera
07-24-2011, 01:33 PM
quote:

Lol well seen but we've already conclude that they aren't related and honestly I'm tired of this matter and I won't say anything else about it.

yeah i guess its settled then but i just realized something altair and ezio not being related might be a set up for ac3. perhaps in ac3 we will play as the assassin where the two families come together or it could be that desmond is where they come together. just two possibilities

twenty_glyphs
07-24-2011, 01:42 PM

My point is that yes, many articles have said something almost just like this, but I haven't seen a developer actually quoted as saying that yet. I'd be interested to see if someone finds one though. I know the developers have said that Ezio is Desmond's ancestor over and over, which obviously has to be the case.

I think the reason this came out was as a clarification, because the writer saw how often it was getting mentioned as fact that Alta´r is Ezio's ancestor. It doesn't seem like it was supposed to be a plot twist, or else they probably would have revealed it in game. I think it won't be "revealed" in the game because the writers had already never intended for them to be related. They seem to have just felt that this was getting universally accepted and thought it was time to set the record straight. I think they also thought it would help set up Revelations' story, since it takes on a different feeling when Ezio is searching out Alta´r's legacy when they're not related.

CRUDFACE
07-24-2011, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by twenty_glyphs:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bakerrossera:

My point is that yes, many articles have said something almost just like this, but I haven't seen a developer actually quoted as saying that yet. I'd be interested to see if someone finds one though. I know the developers have said that Ezio is Desmond's ancestor over and over, which obviously has to be the case.

I think the reason this came out was as a clarification, because the writer saw how often it was getting mentioned as fact that Alta´r is Ezio's ancestor. It doesn't seem like it was supposed to be a plot twist, or else they probably would have revealed it in game. I think it won't be "revealed" in the game because the writers had already never intended for them to be related. They seem to have just felt that this was getting universally accepted and thought it was time to set the record straight. I think they also thought it would help set up Revelations' story, since it takes on a different feeling when Ezio is searching out Alta´r's legacy when they're not related. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's what I'm saying, hell, I said the same thing you said about the developers in my post. And you know what, I'm happy they aren't it's like not like every good assassin has to be related for them to be good at what they do. It makes me feel like there's this brand new feeling to using Ezio now.

twenty_glyphs
07-24-2011, 07:49 PM
So I'm really curious if anyone ever officially said that Alta´r was Ezio's ancestor and was watching the Gamespot E3 stage demo of AC2. At the 15:15 mark, they ask a fan question about if we're going to see more of Ezio's ancestor Alta´r. Patrice sort of evades the question and mentions Bloodlines being about Alta´r. So he doesn't confirm or deny they are related. But then he says something interesting: "Desmond is the link." If Ezio and Alta´r were meant to be related I don't think he would have said that. You could say he said that because Desmond is the modern day protagonist, but now that we know they're not related it takes on another meaning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6JNLNbvAZ0

dchil279
07-25-2011, 07:47 AM
Originally posted by twenty_glyphs:

I think the reason this came out was as a clarification, because the writer saw how often it was getting mentioned as fact that Alta´r is Ezio's ancestor. It doesn't seem like it was supposed to be a plot twist, or else they probably would have revealed it in game. I think it won't be "revealed" in the game because the writers had already never intended for them to be related. They seem to have just felt that this was getting universally accepted and thought it was time to set the record straight. I think they also thought it would help set up Revelations' story, since it takes on a different feeling when Ezio is searching out Alta´r's legacy when they're not related.
this

zerocooll21
07-26-2011, 03:19 PM
So I guess you could say a descendant of Altiar and a descendant of Ezio had a kid which would later bring about Desmond.

Maybe Desmond is the link b/c he's the only direct descendant of the Altiar and Ezio bloodlines. What this means, no idea just yet.

LightRey
07-27-2011, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by zerocooll21:
So I guess you could say a descendant of Altiar and a descendant of Ezio had a kid which would later bring about Desmond.

Maybe Desmond is the link b/c he's the only direct descendant of the Altiar and Ezio bloodlines. What this means, no idea just yet.
Maybe. There might be a little more to it though.

dchil279
07-28-2011, 05:58 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by zerocooll21:

Maybe. There might be a little more to it though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
That's true, now that we know they aren't related, it means Desmond is even more important, serving as the link between them.

LightRey
07-29-2011, 01:57 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by zerocooll21:

Maybe. There might be a little more to it though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
That's true, now that we know they aren't related, it means Desmond is even more important, serving as the link between them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
or at least a link. Might be more out there.

agitatedchimp
08-10-2011, 08:46 AM

TO shut everyone up Ezio is NOT a direct desendant of altair and if you dont believe me hear it from one of the story writerrs himself somewhere in this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyqqQ7IgmJA

dchil279
08-10-2011, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by agitatedchimp:

TO shut everyone up Ezio is NOT a direct desendant of altair and if you dont believe me hear it from one of the story writerrs himself somewhere in this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyqqQ7IgmJA </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you're a little late bud.

zerocooll21
08-10-2011, 09:40 AM

you're a little late bud.

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

Jexx21
08-10-2011, 12:04 PM
One theory on how they look similar and aren't related is that Atliar, Ezio, and Desmond are all just reincarnations of Adam due to the fact that what we saw of Adam looked similar to them.

This could be possible because Adam was a half-human, half-TWCB. There could of been a hidden gene that was created by TWCB to memorize the basic gene data, and then reform most of the genes so that the bodies were structured the same way. Same facial structure, same amount of TWCB DNA, same resilience to pain and very possible bone fractures from falling/jumping from high heights. It would also server the purpose of refreshing the TWCB DNA so that future Assassins would have enough DNA to have Eagle Vision and carry the gene on. This gene would probably be so that it would only sporadically activate from time to time.

As for Desmond being the link... it might be that he is the only direct descendant of Altiar and Ezio which means he is the truest Adam reincarnate. It might also be that he is the last true half-TWCB Assassin alive. But he would still be the Adam reincarnate, and that TWCB find him more important than Altiar or Ezio, because it is the time of the impending destruction of the world (as we know it). He is the one that truly has to find his Eve because that might be the key to stopping the solar flare. The theory that I believe in on the matter of stopping the solar flare is the tree of life one.

Bipolar Matt
08-10-2011, 12:11 PM
If you think back to AC:2, when Mario is talking to Ezio about Altair, he refers to him as a "great assassin." Not my "great x10 grandfather" or anything like that. So in retrospect, this does make sense that Altair and Ezio are not related.