PDA

View Full Version : Den Defense Preview

Jexx21
10-11-2011, 03:43 PM
http://www.g4tv.com/videos/556...den-defense-preview/ (http://www.g4tv.com/videos/55675/assassins-creed-revelations-den-defense-preview/)

Assassin_M
10-11-2011, 03:45 PM
dear sir ..darn you for beating me to it :P

kriegerdesgottes
10-11-2011, 03:52 PM
Alex is awesome but he's so much more monotone than Patrice.

Assassin_M
10-11-2011, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by kriegerdesgotte:
Alex is awesome but he's so much more monotone than Patrice.
I think he is too serious

Jexx21
10-11-2011, 03:59 PM
I didn't watch the video yet when I posted this topic and was expecting gameplay. That's why I said walkthrough. Sorry >.<

roostersrule2
10-11-2011, 04:00 PM
He was good in the road to E3 videos.

CRUDFACE
10-11-2011, 04:03 PM
He needs to cut loose a bit. I know I would after the game is basically done, right?

Originally posted by Jexx21:
I didn't watch the video yet when I posted this topic and was expecting gameplay. That's why I said walkthrough. Sorry >.<

It's still a cool find dude

Assassin_M
10-11-2011, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by Jexx21:
Do not worry about it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Sarari
10-28-2011, 06:01 PM
How often will the den defense missions happen?

Will they happen after beating the game?

Jexx21
10-28-2011, 06:12 PM
Den Defense missions happen when your notoriety meter reaches full. The notoriety system was separated into two different guard factions, The Byzantine Templars which will always be on the look out for you and will attack you when they see you, and the Ottoman Guards which will act like normal guards.

They can still happen after beating the game.

Sarari
10-28-2011, 06:26 PM
So, is raising your notoriety slower now since they've added the den defense? Because I raise my notoriety pretty fast.

Jexx21
10-28-2011, 06:27 PM
I don't think it is. They still kept the same basic system for it, it's just it doesn't effect guards.

xx-pyro
10-28-2011, 06:32 PM
a) I thought the notoriety system was now completely different, as I'm pretty sure someone from Ubi said (I can't remember the interview) that Notoriety (in regards to Den Defense) meant how aware Templars were of Assassin's actions. What I infer from this is Den Defense happens at a few key points in the game automatically, along with a few other times assuming your a bad *** and kill every Byzantine guard around.

b) They won't happen after you beat the game because by then you should have all Master Assassins who will prevent Dens from being taken. If you don't, then I guess they would still happen.

Jexx21
10-28-2011, 06:41 PM
No, the Den Defense is directly tied to the notoriety. What they mean by the Templars being more aware of your presence is that once they are fully aware they will start Den attacks. What else would it mean?

Oh, and on another note... it looks like the Den Attack will also involve Assassin recruits. It looks like Assassin recruits are tied more closely to you than in Brotherhood.

MostJadedGamer
10-28-2011, 08:12 PM
What I infer from this is Den Defense happens at a few key points in the game automatically, along with a few other times assuming your a bad *** and kill every Byzantine guard around.

Well that is simply wrong. They don't happen automatically. They happen dynamically instead. The more things you, AND your assassin recruits do the more den defense battles there will be.

They won't happen after you beat the game because by then you should have all Master Assassins who will prevent Dens from being taken. If you don't, then I guess they would still happen.

Most people will NOT have enough Master Assassins by the time they beat the game. It looks like it will take a lot longer to get Master Assassins in Revelations because they have to get to level 15 instead of level 10.

SixKeys
10-28-2011, 08:33 PM
So are there still going to be posters and heralds around to reduce notoriety? I'm never notorious since I find it hard to resist ripping down every glowing poster I happen to pass, lol. That would mean you'd never have to do Den Defense.

Sarari
10-28-2011, 08:43 PM
Actually I never rip down the posters haha. And instead of bribing the Heralds, I just kill them in very unique and different ways every time lol.

Sometimes I just give them the money, pick pocket them, and then kill them hahahah. The only people I can't resist not killing are the eye witnesses.

Jexx21
10-28-2011, 09:31 PM
I don't think I'm gonna try to stop notoriety all the time anymore, just because I think I'll enjoy the den defense.

Sarari
10-28-2011, 09:34 PM
I'm gonna try the den defense. If I don't like it, I'll decrease my notoriety or I'll just let them take it over so I can take it back.

Jexx21
10-28-2011, 09:36 PM
It's just an optional mini-game. I honestly think that the team put it there so that you felt more involved with the battle going on.

I think it's also to provide a sense that you command a real army, not just 12 Assassins.

Sarari
10-28-2011, 09:41 PM
I guess it suits the likings of some people. But I myself am a one man show. I go in by myself and come out with 50 bodies laying on the floor. That's what a real b.a. does http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Jexx21
10-28-2011, 10:02 PM
http://www.majhost.com/gallery/JoshTheDude/Stuff/deadbodies.png

iN3krO
10-29-2011, 04:46 AM
I bet you took more time and fun fighting the guards in Ac1 then in AcB Jexx21, and if not tell me how can u have fun smashing left mouse button and high profile some times?

LightRey
10-29-2011, 04:49 AM
Originally posted by daniel_gervide:
I bet you took more time and fun fighting the guards in Ac1 then in AcB Jexx21, and if not tell me how can u have fun smashing left mouse button and high profile some times?
He had more fun in ACB. It's his favorite AC game. Besides, AC1 combat was boring, because there were so few options and all you needed to do was time your actions right, which isn't really that hard after you've fought 2 or 3 guys. AC2 had one killer move that makes absolutely every enemy easy to beat. ACB had the best worked out combat with the most amount of freedom. It was by far the best out of the three.

iN3krO
10-29-2011, 05:21 AM
Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by daniel_gervide:
He had more fun in ACB. It's his favorite AC game. Besides, AC1 combat was boring, because there were so few options and all you needed to do was time your actions right, which isn't really that hard after you've fought 2 or 3 guys. AC2 had one killer move that makes absolutely every enemy easy to beat. ACB had the best worked out combat with the most amount of freedom. It was by far the best out of the three. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Animations doesn't make combat funnier, it's the curret system, and acB combat was boring cuz i was brainless doing it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

LightRey
10-29-2011, 05:23 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by daniel_gervide:
He had more fun in ACB. It's his favorite AC game. Besides, AC1 combat was boring, because there were so few options and all you needed to do was time your actions right, which isn't really that hard after you've fought 2 or 3 guys. AC2 had one killer move that makes absolutely every enemy easy to beat. ACB had the best worked out combat with the most amount of freedom. It was by far the best out of the three. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Animations doesn't make combat funnier, it's the curret system, and acB combat was boring cuz i was brainless doing it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
That just means you haven't played AC1 and AC2 enough to figure out how to do that brainlessly. Really, in AC1 and AC2 I usually start watching something else on my PC while I'm fighting.

iN3krO
10-29-2011, 05:42 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:

Animations doesn't make combat funnier, it's the curret system, and acB combat was boring cuz i was brainless doing it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
That just means you haven't played AC1 and AC2 enough to figure out how to do that brainlessly. Really, in AC1 and AC2 I usually start watching something else on my PC while I'm fighting. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you did it in ac1? how? i would like to know http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif did you take less time combating then going stealth?

God, so many ppl with more skill then me that don't want the combat a bit harder WOW, you guys are really surprising me with the ammount of skill that you have!!!

LightRey
10-29-2011, 05:59 AM
you did it in ac1? how? i would like to know http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif did you take less time combating then going stealth?

God, so many ppl with more skill then me that don't want the combat a bit harder WOW, you guys are really surprising me with the ammount of skill that you have!!!
I just mash the attack button at the right times. You can usually hear when you need to do so for a combo kill and quite often I can see from the corner of my eye if there's a guard not paying attention or freaking out, which allows for an easy combo kill.

It's really not that hard and I doubt it has anything to do with my skill. This is just one of the things you figure out when you replay the games a lot. It took me 9 playthroughs just to figure out that there's a move in ACII that allows you to easily use a combo kill right after deflecting an attack on any enemy.

iN3krO
10-29-2011, 06:54 AM

I just mash the attack button at the right times. You can usually hear when you need to do so for a combo kill and quite often I can see from the corner of my eye if there's a guard not paying attention or freaking out, which allows for an easy combo kill.

It's really not that hard and I doubt it has anything to do with my skill. This is just one of the things you figure out when you replay the games a lot. It took me 9 playthroughs just to figure out that there's a move in ACII that allows you to easily use a combo kill right after deflecting an attack on any enemy. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Replayed Ac1 like 6 times and for me the faster way is use short blade while i have throwing knifes, when they finish i change to sword and whenever i see someone tauting or coughing i change to hidden blade and kill them. It's the fastest way in Ac1.

In ac2 the normal guards with hidden blade, the stronger sword and brutus with smoke.

In acB everything with dagger until u have no throwing knifes and then sword.

You only attack and counter attack taking no advantage of each weapon in Ac1, i take advantage of the good things of each weapon using them acording to the situation, in acR with some tweeks it would be the same as in Ac1 (but with the cool new moves that has been implemented since ac1 that you all love) that using some weapons in some situations gives u a boost in time, but right now it doesn't happen.

LightRey
10-29-2011, 07:07 AM
Replayed Ac1 like 6 times and for me the faster way is use short blade while i have throwing knifes, when they finish i change to sword and whenever i see someone tauting or coughing i change to hidden blade and kill them. It's the fastest way in Ac1.

In ac2 the normal guards with hidden blade, the stronger sword and brutus with smoke.

In acB everything with dagger until u have no throwing knifes and then sword.

You only attack and counter attack taking no advantage of each weapon in Ac1, i take advantage of the good things of each weapon using them acording to the situation, in acR with some tweeks it would be the same as in Ac1 (but with the cool new moves that has been implemented since ac1 that you all love) that using some weapons in some situations gives u a boost in time, but right now it doesn't happen.
I replayed AC1 about 10 times just like ACII. I always use the sword.

In AC1 it's just combo kill after combo kill focusing mainly on the weaker enemies and the guys that let their guard down.

In AC2 it's just killing every guard instantly after deflecting their attack and dodging every non-deflectable attack.

In ACB I usually use the sword and just keep my kill streak going, but it's the one game where I'll often try other things if I feel like doing so.

Jexx21
10-29-2011, 08:46 AM
To be honest? I had an equal amount of fun for both games when I did that. But in ACB it went by faster and it looked more fluid, so the combat in ACB was better.