PDA

View Full Version : A couple quick questions....

Poodle_of_Doom
08-11-2011, 04:44 PM
I was playing through the firt AC game again, and noticed an email about the passwords being changed again. I happened to notice one about the conference room, and that the pw for the room was included in the emaill. I went to the conference room to see if I get in, and I could. I sure most of you noticed this. However, this is my fifth or so time through the game, and I never thought about it before, nor have I ever been in there. Has this happened to anyone else? The not noticing that is?

My next question is about some of the emails Lucy exchanges with an unknown person, who's listed as "??" in the from box. I suspect this may have been William, or someone connected to Desmond. Regardless of who it is, or was, I suspect that Lucy has at least one more connection inside Abstergo, and still might, which is how she got the Access codes in AC2.

I know Vidic was communicating with one of his supieriors about the flouride, and how it was leaked. In the email, the higher up stated that he wasn't sure if it was an internal leak, or if it was a possible breach by the Assassins. I think that if there was another Assassin in the building, who had infiltrated Abstergo, they could continue to feed information to Lucy as needed.

Also, going back to the emails Lucy exchanged with "??", I suspect that there is someone on the inside who's helping cover Lucy's virtual tracks. I know that a lot of companies back up their servers, and maintain copies of their emails, and all information passed through their computers. I imagine someone would have access to this information, and that it would be reviewed on a somewhat regular basis. That said, I'm wondering how it was that Lucy wasn't caught communicating with whomever it may of been. What's everyones thoughts on this?

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/typing.gif

LightRey
08-11-2011, 04:51 PM
Yeah, the conference room thing is actually quite commonly known.

As for the one communicating with Lucy. That's very likely someone on the outside. It's stated at least once in the games that she was the only informant of the Assassins at Abstergo and the emails seem to be coming from someone that doesn't know much about what's going on inside. My guess for the one sending the emails would be Shaun.

ShaneO7K
08-11-2011, 05:00 PM
Yeah think that was just Lucy e-mailing the assassin's who later tried and failed to get Desmond out of the Abstergo Facility, or it could've been just Shaun.

Lucy was probably capable of hiding the e-mails from anyone at abstergo because she said in AC2 that she was able to hide Desmond leaving his room at night.

Mikatsuki95
08-11-2011, 05:06 PM
I think its the assassins from The Farm. Vidic mentioned it (not the name itself though) and Lucy talked about how the place was deserted when the templars went there. Not knowing what happened to Desmond's parents but believing they got out alive. This happened right after the failed rescue attempt and the email after the ones you're talking about had a hidden message saying "we will be there soon." Assuming William is the one who sent these emails, then my guess is he's from The Farm like Desmond.

By the way this is something small but I gotta post it. Play the da vinci dlc after you get the apple. When you finish you'll hear William talking with another guy. The man said they waited too long to sedate Desmond and now he's in a coma. William says not to worry, that he'll find his way out. He always has in the past.

That right there proves William knows Desmond, he knows about his past (the details of that I wish I knew). Either he's been involved in his past personally or he's been monitoring him I don't know which. But I can definitely say he's no stranger to Desmond. Hopefully Revelations will answer more

LightRey
08-11-2011, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by Mikatsuki95:
I think its the assassins from The Farm. Vidic mentioned it (not the name itself though) and Lucy talked about how the place was deserted when the templars went there. Not knowing what happened to Desmond's parents but believing they got out alive. This happened right after the failed rescue attempt and the email after the ones you're talking about had a hidden message saying "we will be there soon." Assuming William is the one who sent these emails, then my guess is he's from The Farm like Desmond. Actually I have a new idea, I'm gonna make it a topic.
Maybe, but the fact that The Farm came up was because Vidic mentioned the desert when he told Desmond the Templars had been systematically taking out the Assassin order.

Mikatsuki95
08-11-2011, 05:14 PM
read my last post. its been updated

ShaneO7K
08-11-2011, 05:18 PM

That right there proves William knows Desmond, he knows about his past (the details of that I wish I knew). Either he's been involved in his past personally or he's been monitoring him I don't know which. But I can definitely say he's no stranger to Desmond. Hopefully Revelations will answer more

Well it has always been speculated that William M is Desmond's father.

Mikatsuki95
08-11-2011, 05:22 PM
Maybe. I don't know. He could be his dad, brother, uncle, cousin, who knows? That "M." in his name is there to probably lead us on to think that. Is it right? I hope so cuz thats one less question that needs to be answered

Poodle_of_Doom
08-11-2011, 05:58 PM
First off,... the three of you were apparently to stupid to read what I wrote. So, I'll type it again. Most companies back up emails, and data transfered across the servers on a backup server. This means that the emails Lucy was exchanging were backed up someplace, and that someone was monitoring this information. Someone had to be on the inside with Lucy to keep the information from being detected. I know what the emails were about, and I know what the result was. I'm telling you, there's someone else.

By the way this is something small but I gotta post it. Play the da vinci dlc after you get the apple. When you finish you'll hear William talking with another guy. The man said they waited too long to sedate Desmond and now he's in a coma. William says not to worry, that he'll find his way out. He always has in the past.

Second of all,... your a bigger idiot than the rest. This happens even without the DLC you ouph....

LightRey
08-11-2011, 06:01 PM
Maybe. I don't know. He could be his dad, brother, uncle, cousin, who knows? That "M." in his name is there to probably lead us on to think that. Is it right? I hope so cuz thats one less question that needs to be answered He never mentioned any siblings, so I doubt it's his brother.

Originally posted by Poodle_of_Doom:
First off,... the three of you were apparently to stupid to read what I wrote. So, I'll type it again. Most companies back up emails, and data transfered across the servers on a backup server. This means that the emails Lucy was exchanging were backed up someplace, and that someone was monitoring this information. Someone had to be on the inside with Lucy to keep the information from being detected. I know what the emails were about, and I know what the result was. I'm telling you, there's someone else.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mikatsuki95:

Second of all,... your a bigger idiot than the rest. This happens even without the DLC you ouph.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We read your post. The mails sent to and by Lucy were encoded messages. They were fake spam messages from which the capital letters formed the secret message. They apparently went unnoticed by Abstergo.

ShaneO7K
08-11-2011, 06:11 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mikatsuki95:

Second of all,... your a bigger idiot than the rest. This happens even without the DLC you ouph.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE> What? So we are stupid for giving a differen't possible answer than you?

And they say something differen't after the DLC, so don't go trying to call people stupid when you don't have a clue what you're talking about.

Mikatsuki95
08-11-2011, 06:18 PM
Lightrey and Dead_gunner:thank you. Couldn't have said it better.

Poodle I don't know what's got you in such a sour mood and I don't want to know. You're being disrespectful and we've said nothing bad about you.

Poodle_of_Doom
08-11-2011, 06:33 PM
Really, they say something different? Because what you said sounded exactly the same as what they said in my version, and I don't have the DLC,... so what exactly do they say after you get the DLC... I'm curious to know how different it really isn't.

@Lightrey:

The only one that was masked as a spam email seemd to be the last reply. The rest seemed like normal messages to me.

@Mika:

You don't like my attitude, don't talk to me. No ones forcing you to be here dude. And it's not like you've contributed anything vital to answering my questions anyway.

LightRey
08-11-2011, 06:37 PM
Really, they say something different? Because what you said sounded exactly the same as what they said in my version, and I don't have the DLC,... so what exactly do they say after you get the DLC... I'm curious to know how different it really isn't.

@Lightrey:

The only one that was masked as a spam email seemd to be the last reply. The rest seemed like normal messages to me.

@Mika:

You don't like my attitude, don't talk to me. No ones forcing you to be here dude. And it's not like you've contributed anything vital to answering my questions anyway.
Didn't you notice all the other messages were purely in capital letters? They had already been decoded.

Mikatsuki95
08-11-2011, 06:40 PM
Poodle:
Ok you claimed it was exactly the same in the credits yet you never played the dlc? Yeah, you make a lot of sense. Check your attitude, first you went off on zero now this?

@LightRey:no he didn't. I can tell half the stuff he's posting is out of impulse

Poodle_of_Doom
08-11-2011, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Poodle_of_Doom:

@Lightrey:

@Mika:

Didn't you notice all the other messages were purely in capital letters? They had already been decoded. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I did, but I didn't assume that it had been decoded. The reason for that is if I was looking to send coded messages someone, I wouldn't decode it and send my coded reply back on top of that. Usually, and you can try this with your own email,.... (Are you listening Mika, cause there's sound logic here as soon as you get your head out of your ***, and start looking at why I might think a certain way).... when you try to edit the original email, and put a reply on top of it, you can't. Unless you reply, or end up opening it in a way you can edit it, but it will usally end up in drafts, not the deleted items folder. Especially not with headers on each. It just seems to me that if it were decoded, the next message going out would of held the decoded message, with a coded one. The reply to this message would of held two decoded messages with a coded one,... and so on, until it looked like the one in Lucy's deleted items folder.

Mikatsuki95
08-11-2011, 09:08 PM
Whatever man. I never insulted you once.

Poodle_of_Doom
08-11-2011, 10:12 PM
Whatever man. I never insulted you once.

Quit being an antagonist....

Mikatsuki95
08-11-2011, 11:04 PM
I sent you a message, I want to discuss something in private with you.

Poodle_of_Doom
08-12-2011, 12:02 AM
Don't waste your time. Do the forum a favor and go play kingdom of loathing.

LightRey
08-12-2011, 04:12 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Poodle_of_Doom:

@Lightrey:

@Mika:

Didn't you notice all the other messages were purely in capital letters? They had already been decoded. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I did, but I didn't assume that it had been decoded. The reason for that is if I was looking to send coded messages someone, I wouldn't decode it and send my coded reply back on top of that. Usually, and you can try this with your own email,.... (Are you listening Mika, cause there's sound logic here as soon as you get your head out of your ***, and start looking at why I might think a certain way).... when you try to edit the original email, and put a reply on top of it, you can't. Unless you reply, or end up opening it in a way you can edit it, but it will usally end up in drafts, not the deleted items folder. Especially not with headers on each. It just seems to me that if it were decoded, the next message going out would of held the decoded message, with a coded one. The reply to this message would of held two decoded messages with a coded one,... and so on, until it looked like the one in Lucy's deleted items folder. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
You're ******ed. The emails didn't show up separately in the Deleted items folder. The email you read is the last one they sent to Lucy, which is the one she deleted. The previous messages in the conversation had already been decoded because they sent a reply to after decoding the message (duh), which makes them visibly decoded to the recipient of the reply. That's also why the top message wasn't decoded yet.

Poodle_of_Doom
08-12-2011, 09:19 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:

@Lightrey:

@Mika:

I did, but I didn't assume that it had been decoded. The reason for that is if I was looking to send coded messages someone, I wouldn't decode it and send my coded reply back on top of that. Usually, and you can try this with your own email,.... (Are you listening Mika, cause there's sound logic here as soon as you get your head out of your ***, and start looking at why I might think a certain way).... when you try to edit the original email, and put a reply on top of it, you can't. Unless you reply, or end up opening it in a way you can edit it, but it will usally end up in drafts, not the deleted items folder. Especially not with headers on each. It just seems to me that if it were decoded, the next message going out would of held the decoded message, with a coded one. The reply to this message would of held two decoded messages with a coded one,... and so on, until it looked like the one in Lucy's deleted items folder. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
You're ******ed. The emails didn't show up separately in the Deleted items folder. The email you read is the last one they sent to Lucy, which is the one she deleted. The previous messages in the conversation had already been decoded because they sent a reply to after decoding the message (duh), which makes them visibly decoded to the recipient of the reply. That's also why the top message wasn't decoded yet. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's the point I was trying to get at it was late when I was typing it out. And my question was, why would you encode a decoded message below the encoded one? That doesn't make any sense to me. The only way it only the decoded messages in up in the bottom is via a reply.

What I was trying to explain before (and pardon me as I've only had a couple hours sleep and don't know that I'd do any better explaining it now) was that when you send an email, one of three things usually occurs:

1) You start a new email. There is not information aside from what you put into it.

2) You hit reply (or reply all as well if you want to be technical), and the information from the previous portions of the conversation are included.

3) You use one of the two previous methoods, and your email is placed into a drafts folder.

That being the case for most common email programs I've used, I'm sure you can see I was getting at the same thing you were.

My point of the deleted items folder is that it didn't get there by mistake. There's no drafts folder, so it wasn't something Lucy was working on, and just deleted.

As I'm sure your well aware, previous messages were included, so that also rules out number one. That leaves number two. Which you and I both came to that conlcusion, you more obviously than me.

That said, I noticed there were replys from Lucy in there as well, going back out to who ever sent them in. I understand why they would code it as spam, but what I don't get is why Lucy would leave in the decoded text. Anyone noticing the email could of easily figured it out the same as you or I did. Since it was coded, and Lucy new the code, there was no reason for her to hit reply, or keep the previous messages. God only knows if Desmond is the only one looking at it....

I hope this has made more sense,... I apologize for the confusing last post. I had very little sleep yesterday.

LightRey
08-12-2011, 09:29 AM
That's the point I was trying to get at it was late when I was typing it out. And my question was, why would you encode a decoded message below the encoded one? That doesn't make any sense to me. The only way it only the decoded messages in up in the bottom is via a reply.

What I was trying to explain before (and pardon me as I've only had a couple hours sleep and don't know that I'd do any better explaining it now) was that when you send an email, one of three things usually occurs:

1) You start a new email. There is not information aside from what you put into it.

2) You hit reply (or reply all as well if you want to be technical), and the information from the previous portions of the conversation are included.

3) You use one of the two previous methoods, and your email is placed into a drafts folder.

That being the case for most common email programs I've used, I'm sure you can see I was getting at the same thing you were.

My point of the deleted items folder is that it didn't get there by mistake. There's no drafts folder, so it wasn't something Lucy was working on, and just deleted.

As I'm sure your well aware, previous messages were included, so that also rules out number one. That leaves number two. Which you and I both came to that conlcusion, you more obviously than me.

That said, I noticed there were replys from Lucy in there as well, going back out to who ever sent them in. I understand why they would code it as spam, but what I don't get is why Lucy would leave in the decoded text. Anyone noticing the email could of easily figured it out the same as you or I did. Since it was coded, and Lucy new the code, there was no reason for her to hit reply, or keep the previous messages. God only knows if Desmond is the only one looking at it....

I hope this has made more sense,... I apologize for the confusing last post. I had very little sleep yesterday.
It was a received mail, not one Lucy sent. It can't have been in a drafts folder under any circumstances because of that fact.

The fact that it's in the Deleted items folder is obviously because Lucy left it there deliberately, so that Desmond could read it.

She was able to hack the camera system to keep Desmond's little trips out of his room secret (she said so herself), so she should have been more than able to keep the decoded mails from reaching Abstergo eyes.

All these things combined, in addition to the fact that it has been stated in the games that Lucy was the only infiltrator at Abstergo, makes it abundantly clear that there was no other Assassin at Abstergo.

Poodle_of_Doom
08-12-2011, 11:25 AM
It was a received mail, not one Lucy sent. It can't have been in a drafts folder under any circumstances because of that fact.

I've already agreed with you on the point of drafts. That being said, I know it was a received mail. But there are replies within that email from Lucy, showing she had replied in the past. She had put her replies over the top of decoded messages.

The fact that it's in the Deleted items folder is obviously because Lucy left it there deliberately, so that Desmond could read it.

Well I know that she left it there for him to see. That fact was obvious.

She was able to hack the camera system to keep Desmond's little trips out of his room secret (she said so herself), so she should have been more than able to keep the decoded mails from reaching Abstergo eyes.

I guess you have a point there... though it seems with so many replies being sent back and forth, someone would of caught it eventually. At that, if Lucy was that good at hacking, why were they coding the message in the first place?

All these things combined, in addition to the fact that it has been stated in the games that Lucy was the only infiltrator at Abstergo, makes it abundantly clear that there was no other Assassin at Abstergo.

Where was it stated? I think I missed it.

ShaneO7K
08-12-2011, 11:30 AM

It's not about keeping it off the cameras. It's about keeping it off the servers. I never said there was a problem with the cameras.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think he was trying to say that if she was able to keep Desmond wandering around at night hidden from the rest of Abstergo then there is a chance of being able to keep certain e-mails hidden.

LightRey
08-12-2011, 11:44 AM
Where was it stated? I think I missed it.
Lucy said it in AC2 I think. I don't remember exactly when she said it.
Oh, there's also the fact that Desmond mentions it in ACB in one of the conversations you can trigger with Lucy outside the animus. The one where they discuss how she's still able to get info from Abstergo.

Poodle_of_Doom
08-12-2011, 12:12 PM
Yeah, I see what you guys mean. It just seemed kind of funny for them to be exchanging email, and for no one else to notice, especially considering most place back up their information.