PDA

View Full Version : dont you think that seeing the same old counter attacks get boring?

Assassin_277
11-27-2007, 08:22 PM
don't you think that seeing the same old counter attacks get boring? i mean come on guys i have been fighting a lot in the game and Altair doesn't really have many varieties of fighting counter attacks it just gets boring to see him do like the same counter attacks a ll the time they should of added more fighting moves in it. discuss this please...

antonfc1248
11-27-2007, 08:24 PM
change weapon for a while http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Kaxen6
11-27-2007, 08:29 PM
Every once in a while I pull off a move I didn't know Altair did... (well, I also went on a quest for the crotch-kicking move) -_- I was pretty entertained the whole time and I switch weapons when I get bored of the other... guards seemed to run in fear more often when I used the short sword...

NECESARY_EVIL
11-27-2007, 08:33 PM
nope I see something new every other time I play it and Its my second time through and I've got Every "fighting" achievement so Ive seen my fair share of battles.

Faylinks
11-27-2007, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by Assassin_277:
don't you think that seeing the same old counter attacks get boring? i mean come on guys i have been fighting a lot in the game and Altair doesn't really have many varieties of fighting counter attacks it just gets boring to see him do like the same counter attacks a ll the time they should of added more fighting moves in it. discuss this please...

yea i just ovoid that cheap ****, use doge, and aggresive attacks, not counters, also use grabs to knock people into stuff or climb a ladder and have them fall to there death once they pop there head up ( they will line up to take the ladder lol)

also, try getting ahead of the pack that you whrere fighting take out uyour shortblade, and spam the daggers, its neat 3-4 of them drop dead at a lenth.

just some things i do to mix it up, also try doing the running mid air assasination (fun everytime) this is done by being at a higher elevationa nd holding aggresive mode, and then x with the hidden blade

dirtybird21
11-27-2007, 10:23 PM
If all you're doing the whole time is holding the block button and waiting for someone 2 attack so you can counter, Then yes it's boring, But that's more YOUR fault than the games... That is like using a god mode cheat in a game and saying it's 2 easy...

Try doing more than counters... Do some combo attacks, They're more difficult 2 pull off... Still not THAT hard but harder than counters, They're all kills also, Only time i've seen a combo attack that didn't kill is that one in the fighting ring where he just punches them... Use dodging and grabs and that block breaking move... One of my favorite things is when i try 2 get a combo and they dodge backwards, They almost always strike back and if you time it right you can counter that right away... Looks really cool... Also try fighting on the docks/small boats and throwing people off... Use your different weapons, The short sword and long sword both have tons of counters/combos, And some of their counters you can press either the weapon button again or the legs, The weapon uses your... weapon... And the leg button breaks their legs... Then you still have your hidden blade, You can only counter with that though... Another thing that is pretty funny is letting those people you helped out hold a bunch of guards and just beat them with your fists... lmao...

well in short, the reason you find the game boring is because you are playing it in a boring way.

stix489
11-27-2007, 10:36 PM
don't you think that seeing the same old counter attacks get boring?

Don't you think it's boring seeing the same old gunshot then reload animations gets boring?

Seriously, no offense to you, but many people expect too much of this game...it's great the way it is...so leave it be. Bash AC2 when it comes out if it ends up having the same problems as AC, but as for Assassin's Creed now, it's too late for it to have any modifications.

Again, not trying to offend you, but people nowadays expect too much of something, that they make it look bad.

And as for the counters, I find them quite amusing and utterly satisfying...no matter the repetition.

Pr0metheus 1962
11-27-2007, 10:41 PM
they should of added more fighting moves in it. discuss this please...

The counter attack is not the only move in the game. There are quite a few optional moves, both in attack and defence. If you're only using the counter the game isn't limiting you, you're limiting yourself.

GoddamElectric
11-28-2007, 11:26 AM
Yeh if you find the counters dull after seeing them a thousand times then try using a different weapon or mixing up your moves abit. I find dodging followed up by a combo kill looks pretty damn good, especially if done with the knife or hidden blade. or a least it would if I didnt suck at doing combo kills lol http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif

Also quite challenging is using just the hidden blade. the counters are pretty sick, but if u mess it up u know about it.

slightly off topic - has anybody here managed to do a wall jump assassination? it happened to me randonly last night, decided to use the switch blade only and see how long i would last in open revolt against the guards. one tried to run away and when i started chasing him down i accidently ran up the wall (oops) but remained locked on to him and pressed the legs and attack button at the same time(although i suspect i may have only needed the attack button once i'd reached the peak of the wall run), which resulted in me leaping about 10 feet onto him and inserting the hidden blade u know where. suprised the **** outa me but looked pretty cool aswell! anybody else managed to do this?

avsrule247
11-28-2007, 11:38 AM
Stop friggin countering and maybe it won't be boring.

GuStick93
11-28-2007, 11:43 AM
simple,dont counter a lot,thats what i did in the begining and man it was dull !

So i started mixing things up,combo attacks,dodging,throwing ppl from rooftops,also switching weapons adds variety,i love the vrutal counter moves of the hidden blade though.And breaking legs sure is fun http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

All i have to say,dont just stand there countering,mix it up,its really really fun,what i LOVE to do is go to the guard camp just outside of acre,and cause havoc ! and that big hole in the middle is great for throwing ppl in,and the archers on the towers mke it challenging since whenver u climb the ladder,their arrows are ready,and then they shoot http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

eWaster
11-28-2007, 11:47 AM
Most of the counters are very satisfying in my opinion. When I stab that hidden blade through a mans eye or when I drill the shortblade down his skull http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/icon_twisted.gif If there is something that I find repetive, then it must be the large amount of times, Altair simply cuts the opponents throat with the shortblade. Like a 1 sec-counter which repeats about 3 times each fight. Though, the most unsatisfying counter I have experienced to date, is the leg cut, puncture stumach with the longsword. There is two different kind of counters in this matter. One very unaggresive and unsatisfying, and one more aggresive where altair actually stabs the sword through the lieing mans wounded body... ALL the way! Which is like one of my favorites. But the little stumach puncture, with Altair acting like if he were doing a play, is just ridiculous.

Pr0metheus 1962
11-28-2007, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by GuStick93:
And breaking legs sure is fun http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

I've played the game through twice now and I hear the computer telling me to break people's legs but I've never figured out how to do it. Is it a particular key combo or does it just happen by accident?

GuStick93
11-28-2007, 12:04 PM
u know there are counters where altair just stuns the guy with like a punch or something,and theres like a pause,during that pause most ppl press x(xbox) so altair shoves his sword in the guy's chest,but if u press A(xbox),altair will break the guy's leg,if u press B(xbox...lol) altair will simply throw him,press nothing,altair will do nothing,nd the guard will simnply fall

eWaster
11-28-2007, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by GuStick93:
u know there are counters where altair just stuns the guy with like a punch or something,and theres like a pause,during that pause most ppl press x(xbox) so altair shoves his sword in the guy's chest,but if u press A(xbox),altair will break the guy's leg,if u press B(xbox...lol) altair will simply throw him,press nothing,altair will do nothing,nd the guard will simnply fall

Remember that you can pull off different moves. You can hold down the High Profile button and strike. Release the High Profile button, strike and Altair will do something different. Or yes, leg button for a good solid leg breaker http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Pr0metheus 1962
11-28-2007, 12:19 PM
Oh thanks. I had always pressed X. I'll have to check that out.

Robbinho1992
11-28-2007, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by Beeryus:
Oh thanks. I had always pressed X. I'll have to check that out.

Yeah same, and ive completed it once....Ill need to go abck and try these new things out.

FrozenFire550
11-28-2007, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by stix489:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">don't you think that seeing the same old counter attacks get boring?

Don't you think it's boring seeing the same old gunshot then reload animations gets boring?

Seriously, no offense to you, but many people expect too much of this game...it's great the way it is...so leave it be. Bash AC2 when it comes out if it ends up having the same problems as AC, but as for Assassin's Creed now, it's too late for it to have any modifications.

Again, not trying to offend you, but people nowadays expect too much of something, that they make it look bad.

And as for the counters, I find them quite amusing and utterly satisfying...no matter the repetition. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well put.
I can't think of a single game out there that has as many different fight moves as AC. And I never get tired of them.

Zain0
11-28-2007, 01:22 PM

It seems like you're only bored of it because its too easy with the sword, try countering with the short sword, or even better with the hidden blade, its much harder, but oh so much more satisfying.

NECESARY_EVIL
11-28-2007, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by avsrule247:
Stop friggin countering and maybe it won't be boring.

Stop friggin posting in bold and mabey people will listen.

Royal.Mist
11-28-2007, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by dirtybird21:
If all you're doing the whole time is holding the block button and waiting for someone 2 attack so you can counter, Then yes it's boring, But that's more YOUR fault than the games... That is like using a god mode cheat in a game and saying it's 2 easy...

Try doing more than counters... Do some combo attacks, They're more difficult 2 pull off... Still not THAT hard but harder than counters, They're all kills also, Only time i've seen a combo attack that didn't kill is that one in the fighting ring where he just punches them... Use dodging and grabs and that block breaking move... One of my favorite things is when i try 2 get a combo and they dodge backwards, They almost always strike back and if you time it right you can counter that right away... Looks really cool... Also try fighting on the docks/small boats and throwing people off... Use your different weapons, The short sword and long sword both have tons of counters/combos, And some of their counters you can press either the weapon button again or the legs, The weapon uses your... weapon... And the leg button breaks their legs... Then you still have your hidden blade, You can only counter with that though... Another thing that is pretty funny is letting those people you helped out hold a bunch of guards and just beat them with your fists... lmao...

well in short, the reason you find the game boring is because you are playing it in a boring way.

Yep, blame the consumer for lack of variety. That's a good one.

Dvlos56
11-28-2007, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by dirtybird21:

I've heard this line of reasoning used to discuss things in games that are balanced poorly. It's is a completely ignorant way to look at things however. Holding down RT is part of the game, .. what you should be saying is "Maybe RT is too overpowered a defense to use, they should have balanced the game properly?"

Not "Let me limit myself because the game is unbalanced" don't you think?

Some enemies do break your guard however but by far the general mill guard just bangs on your sword. I really don't die in combat at all unless a templar sneaks up on me and I've played a lot less than some fans of this game.

EDIT: I am not sure I've done this right, but entering in battle mode with LT automatically whips out the standard sword which I hate if I had wrist blade selected. In any case.. when people say counter with the "insert weapon here" do you mean switching with that weapon first THEN countering?

Because that's the same thing, all you get is a different animation. I even have the wrist blade selected and instead of locking on to people I just wait for their animation to start hit that direction and X - and he does a wrist blade counter. I do not see the difference?

Also someone mentioned that there are different attacks and defenses? What did you mean? I only see block (and you get dodge later) and holding X for a heavy swing and x quickly for a strike? Is there something I'm missing? I'm done for learning anything new that adds variety to this.

PrivateJ0ker
11-28-2007, 02:57 PM
Cinematically its pretty interesting, and some of the kills are pretty interesting. My jaw dropped the one time I figured out you could use the knive as a short sword...then I gutted a guard before he hit the ground!

Despite how cool looking the fighting it, it also feels fairly shallow, and not particularly challenging. There are alot of advanced touches like a guard cloths lining you with the broad side of their sword to knock you down if your running away, but beyond the minutae of fancy interaction, the combat itself is WAY to simple, even though I have alot of fun throwing people off of the roof tops!

dirtybird21
11-28-2007, 04:28 PM
What i ment by always holding the block button is, You are playing way 2 defensive and that's why it isn't any fun.... Still, ALL you're doing is ONE thing. There are combo kills and grabs and different weapons... It doesn't make it any harder, But it puts more variety in it which is what this whole thing is about...

Also it seems like you don't know what a combo kill is...

You get an animation for it, You have 2 time your strikes perfectly, As soon as you hit their blade, Press attack again and he'll do some attack, Like slapping them and stabbing then through the back and out the leg, Both the short sword and long sword have combo kills.