PDA

View Full Version : Southern Florence

thekyle0
11-23-2009, 01:58 PM
The Animus puts up a wall whenver I try to cross the Arno river and get to the southern part of Florence. I've beaten the game and it is still blocked off. The strangest part is that when I went to the wall I could see the symbol of a herald on the mini-map indicating that it was on the other side of the wall. It was even a good distance past the wall. Far enough that I couldn't see it. Is nobody else able to access it or is there a way to unlock it?

BAMB0
11-23-2009, 02:02 PM
I noticed this too. If you go to a fast travel place and chose to go to Florence you can actually see that part of the city unlocked. But with no way of fast traveling there. But if you go to a different part of Florence to check it out its all blocked out.

DLC maybe? Or maybe is it part of one of the pre order DLCs?

Losk_
11-23-2009, 02:28 PM
Im starting to think that memory blocks 12 and 13 were not finished in time for release and that we were supposed to return to florence and forli during those sequences...

Also notice how many of the earlier sequences are much longer than the later ones. They had a very aggressive schedule after all. I hope we get them as DLC or something.

NekoKera
11-23-2009, 04:15 PM
I've actually lost synch so many times trying to get passed the river. It just seems like it is suppose to be in the game with the heralds and wanted posters flashing on the map and the bridge extending out like so. I have a feeling there was some intention for it, otherwise why even waste time making a backdrop city, extending the Florence map, and pin-pointing places of interest over there, when some countryside could have been placed there to begin with? I could say the same for Roma as well...when I was hit by guard it threw me over the city wall boundries and I was able to walk through some objects eventually losing synch after a minute or two and respawning inside one of the towers in the city wall which I was blocked in by two gates that were closed, wound up having to Quit and Restart. Just seems the game got very quick pased at the end and something are "out-of-place" but everything still feels smooth, just breaking things up in extruciating detail reveals some strange things.

dcbroncs123
11-24-2009, 11:44 AM
ok well you have seen this comersals that the only way to unlock a sertain map is to preorder it i am thinking that is what it is because i am having to problem crossing the river i preordered i will look into it a little bit more to make sure i am right but atm i am just adding a suggestion

thekyle0
11-24-2009, 01:35 PM
The preoder maps were only a few extra interior levels. Basically, the same as the catacombs beneath Santa Maria Novella or the inside of the Duomo. They had nothing to do with southern Florence. I ordered the master assassin edition so if it was supposed to be exclusive then I would have gotten it.

Ttraider82
11-24-2009, 02:06 PM
Its DLC. It is obvious. They probably got a few quests scripted out. All they need to do is unlock that area and plop down some nice missions involving that area. It'd be a an easy way to make 10-20 bucks.

BillyTJoel
12-08-2009, 05:09 AM
Southern Florence will most likely be DLC. When you try to pass the white barrier it brings up a message saying, "Area not yet available". This means it could be made available in the future. Hopefully.

caswallawn_2k7
12-08-2009, 05:22 AM
Originally posted by BillyTJoel:
Southern Florence will most likely be DLC. When you try to pass the white barrier it brings up a message saying, "Area not yet available". This means it could be made available in the future. Hopefully. that happens while playing the game on all the other part's it's just a replacement of the solid memory walls that were in AC1.

Edengoth
12-09-2009, 02:28 PM
No. Southern Florence says "area not yet available". Everywhere else just says "area not available".

thekyle0
12-09-2009, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by Edengoth:
No. Southern Florence says "area not yet available". Everywhere else just says "area not available". Really? I'll have to check that out!

kingbren08
12-10-2009, 01:08 PM
if you were true assasins creed fans you would know that the DLC has been confirmed to be in southern florence

yay my 100th post

thekyle0
12-10-2009, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by kingbren08:
if you were true assasins creed fans you would know that the DLC has been confirmed to be in southern florence

yay my 100th post I assume you're talking about the Bonfire of the Vanities DLC. While I would predict that it's true, can you provide a direct quote and source from a developer saying that Southern Florence will be included in the DLC?

nitres15
12-11-2009, 10:19 AM
dlc sound gd http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

DTUOHY96
11-13-2010, 01:29 PM
you have to buy the dlc sequence 13 bonfire of the vanities

Jack-Reacher
11-13-2010, 02:24 PM
You realise the last post was made like 11 months ago right? You ever think they might know this now?