PDA

View Full Version : No way to play ranked with friends?

General_Lloyd
09-12-2010, 10:36 PM
I'm assuming not since I haven't found any possible way to lol.

It seems kind of pointless to include a 2 vs. 2 ranked grouping when you can't even choose who you play with. I'm not going to go into a strategy game not knowing who my teammate is or how he plays.

Hopefully that gets changed soon, at least we have unranked until then http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/icon_twisted.gif

krazycarl
09-12-2010, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by General_Lloyd:

It seems kind of pointless to include a 2 vs. 2 ranked grouping when you can't even choose who you play with. I'm not going to go into a strategy game not knowing who my teammate is or how he plays.

Hopefully that gets changed soon, at least we have unranked until then http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/icon_twisted.gif

+1

Dez1990
09-13-2010, 12:00 AM
agree General

konini7
09-13-2010, 04:08 AM
I think this will change in the next update!

General_Lloyd
09-13-2010, 02:16 PM
Hopefully it will Konini.

At least i'm not alone here haha. Can only hope.

Liquid Cheese
09-13-2010, 02:28 PM
Agreed. I don't want a teammate I know nothing about.

missolini
09-13-2010, 05:10 PM
Totally agree!
The whole point of teaming up is that you're teaming up with a friend.

What would have happened in France if the allies didn't team up or talk to each other?

MaDeToFaDe
09-13-2010, 07:09 PM
The French got pwnd that's what happend in France.

But yeah 2v2 ranked with a friend is a mustttt.

Azzkickr002
09-14-2010, 02:56 AM
Agree!

Did Ubi said anything about aan update for R.U.S.E?

krazycarl
09-15-2010, 02:28 AM
I know they've announced that 2v2 ranked will be fixed in the next patch, but I'm not sure if they meant for PC only or for consoles as well.

I'd like an answer. Devs? Anyone?

xxKontagioNxx
09-16-2010, 02:05 AM
I couldn't agree more. Who wants to be arbitrarily teamed up with a guy who is just going to dashboard when he is losing. I know I don't. I say this because it has already happened twice. Wouldn't be so bad if the game somehow forced you to either use a mic or move the non-mic-ers to 1v1.

hindahouse
09-16-2010, 03:06 PM
agreed! Should be able to play with friends, rather than having to keep searching games hoping my friend is in the other..

Dog 0f War
09-19-2010, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by General_Lloyd:

This is the way it has been forever. It is fair on both ends. You do not have a friend and nether does anyone else!

Axe99
09-19-2010, 05:22 PM
Very glad they're going to change it to being able to play with friends. In the vast majority of online games you can invite friends to a party, including in ranked games (Endwar, any shooter you care to name, sports games), so it seems a little strange to exclude friends from this. Particularly as the standard of play is likely to be far higher (and therefore far more satisfying) this way. With 2v2 randoms, the result of the game could hinge on as little as one side both speaking the same language and the other not, which is hardly the best measuring stick for who should win or lose.

tomd64
09-22-2010, 12:19 PM
you can do ranked 2v2 on PC, hopefully you will be able to soon on the consoles as well.

InfiniteStates
09-24-2010, 04:24 AM
In my opinion, ranked 2v2 absolutely needs the ability to team up with mates. Otherwise it's just a pointless mode where you have to wait even longer to get a game.

Currently, the best games are when your team mate drops out early, leaving you all his money and population cap http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

But what usually happens it you pair up with someone who has no concept of support (especially on that snowy map where 2 opponents start right next to each other and it comes to blows quickly) and/or your "team mate" does nothing but spam planes into an impenetrable air defence, giving your opponent loads of easy points.