PDA

View Full Version : Mini "Last Days" Review:

jamesdietz
03-08-2005, 07:03 PM
Just purchased , last weekend, on linedownload from Matrix Games the X-1 add-on to FB/PF titled "Last Days."Tho I have just scratched the surface of play, I think it is a great addition,here's why...I haven't found 3rd party mission makers on Netwings or Air warfare have really used many of the jets available either for single missions or campaigns ( for that matter neither did Oleg...& the Just Flight Battle over Europe didn't add all that much even with the patch available. ) Also I haven't got the time ( even with UQMP) to design lots of new jet missions...Now without getting into arguments about realism factors,it is nice to at least use more of this hardware off line.Yes I know its a little secret Weapons of the Luftwaffe & the missions in this download never happened ( sorry for this next statement wiley) but what the developer has done is a lot of fun inventive work.He has added about 2 to three new late '45 missions for almost all aircraft of this period,but new menu screens,skins & buried somewhere are some new sounds( I don't know where...)Newly released there is a beta patch already and I found out today he will be putting out alarger download ( for free)titled ( arguably really a Secret weapons of Luftwaffe stand-in..) Luft '46( I wonder if he visits this computer Av art site as much as I do?)All in all a pretty good deal for the$21.75 I paid for it..Oh yes ha does have a Pacific one in the works too.

FlatSpinMan
03-08-2005, 07:14 PM
Interesting. You say you downloaded it a la Half Life 2? Just send your card number and download it direct from the site? That would be great as it is hard to get add-ons over here.

jamesdietz
03-08-2005, 08:19 PM
Yes - it was very easy to do,& I believe one or two of the other pay-for-add-ons are available the same way...Go to Matrix games & check it out.......Unfortunately no nice box or handy cd.....

FlatSpinMan
03-08-2005, 09:39 PM
Already downloaded it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif Having software available at a decent price to download is just not fair! I would have paid that much just for 500 skins. Thanks for the tip,JD.
Backing it up right now but can't wait to try it out.

==============================