PDA

View Full Version : How was yer day?

msalama
10-05-2006, 12:41 PM
Evening here in my neck of woods.

* Had a day off.

* Flew @ Gennadich for 10 missions or so during the day. I'm slowly starting to see that the Airacobra N-1 is potentially a great jabo machine, regardless of having gotten my ars3 roally handed to me so far http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif But seriously, think about it: great visibility, pretty fast down low, 1 x FAB-250 & a nose cannon for those tanks and columns... should work IMO!

* Did the dishes & took out the trash.

* Bought some groceries.

* Had a band rehearsal.

* I'm calling it a day now and will soon retire with Lothar-Günther Buchheim's excellent book "The Boat", A.K.A. "Das Boot".

And yourself? How was they hangin' there today, Chief?

Airmail109
10-05-2006, 12:45 PM
Got shot at by some chav with an air rifle....

MEGILE
10-05-2006, 01:01 PM
Got up

went to uni

fell asleep

came home from uni

fell asleep again

Some other stuff too, but they weren't exciting enough to include

F6_Ace
10-05-2006, 01:50 PM
I went to work at 8am.

I did some work.

I went for a number 2s at 9am.

I did some more 'work' in the form of writing a load of Python scripts for some automated testing.

I had a baked potato with cottage cheese for my lunch.

I finished work at 4.35pm (only 5 mins of overtime today...unusual), picked my bird up from home then went to drop a birthday card off for my mum.

I fed the fish in the pond.

I've necked most of a bottle of wine.

I'm off to watch Clerks on ITV4 at 10pm.

RCAF_Irish_403
10-05-2006, 03:20 PM
530AM-wakeup, take dog out, brew coffee, smoke cigs, listen to NPR news

630AM-Shower

700-900AM-Fly on UKDed

900-1100AM-Breakfast, Dishes, Do Laundry

1100-1415: Go to Class at University

1500-1545: Nap http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/sleepzzz.gif

1600-1645: Doctors appt.

1700: Order Chinese takeout

BTW Msalama: Didn't realize you were a musician. So am I. Cool

DuxCorvan
10-05-2006, 03:23 PM
- Woke up at 6:30 AM.
- Waited for a bus for an hour.
- Worked for eight hours making NGOs legal and helping people with the forms. I naked with my imagination the cute chicks, while tried to make the heads of the hippy morons explode with the power of my mind. No use, since hippy morons have a nut-size brain shielded by a three-inch wide skull shell. Cute chicks love hippy morons, tho.
- Waited for a bus for an hour.
- Had a meal. Tinted squids with rice and an egg (don't ask).
- Went to doctor to have some ECG test -had some ill sensation some nights before.
- Browsed this forum.
- I'm ripping and editing all my early & baroque music to fit in a portable media HD. I had some Josquin Desprez 'chansons' editing. Man, I love Renaissance sound.
- Played some 'Sacred', for some instant action.
- Watched some TV.
- Now I'm browsing the net again, and answering my mail. I'll also a check a Chilean forum where I have some friends fond of ancient music.
- I'll read some history magazine while I'm making poo. Then I'll go bed, go on with my reading of Robert Margerit's tetralogy novels about the French Revolution, and call a day. That will be around 1:30 AM.

Tomorrow I have more medical tests. If I'm not dying, I'll go work and then I'll have some friday beer & chick party (more probably just beer & beer party), with my workmates -curiously enough a bunch of very cinical and funny women on their fifties.

carguy_
10-05-2006, 05:48 PM
Got up 6:40.

Waited for bus till 7:24.

4 hours of university,then some formal matters.

12 I visited this forum.

12:40 got on train going home.

18:45 was back home.Ate some frites and had a talk with my cat.

23 I watched documentary bout G(o)ering.

1:48 browsing this useless forum.

Philipscdrw
10-05-2006, 06:05 PM
8:00 Radio alarm goes off. I doze.

8:45 Woken by anxious housemate. "Aren't you coming today?"

9:15 Leave house without food for lunch, walk to uni

10:15 Lecture on something. I forget what. Probably how 'Modelling Techniques' is an euphemism for 'Maths and C++'...

13:00 With a two-hour gap between lectures, there's not enough time to go home or to town to buy food. I eat Jaffa Cakes, the only cost-effective food in the campus supermarket.

14:40 I'm dozing off in a lecture somewhere.

15:10 I realise that powdered soup is much better than jaffa-cakes.

16:20 I'm the only person in the entire lecture hall who doesn't think Systems and Control is a complete waste of time. I think it's quite interesting and transferably relevant.

19:30 Christian Union meeting. Chap talks about Holy Spirit.

22:36 Leave after-meeting coffee & biscuits session, walk home

23:12 Check emails

04:24 Turn off PC and go to bed.

LW_lcarp
10-05-2006, 09:26 PM
5:00 Get up
6:00 Start work
10:00 Lunch
3:00 Off work
5:30 got out to eat with girlfriend
6:30 Goto girlfriends house and talk with her
10:00 Get home
10:30 bed time

Do it all over again in the morning

LStarosta
10-05-2006, 09:40 PM
0430- Get up for PT

0700- PT over

0730- Work

0900- Return to the Detachment

1100- Advisor Appt.

Dawdle Around

1500- Class

1600- Cadet Meeting

1700- Flag Detail

1800- Detachment Clean Up

2000- Head home.

2100- Eat dinner, shave head, clean car.

slo_1_2_3
10-05-2006, 10:07 PM
He he sux for you guys , I went fishing caught some blue gill came home, cleaned them, cooked them , ate them, ( love fresh fish and they were fresh , I had to crack em in the head with a hammer to clean em ) , watched tv for a while and now I'll be heading to Zekes vs. Wildcats to be sleign uncontable times

Swivet
10-05-2006, 10:12 PM
#1. Woke up hungover
#2. Walked that stupid dog
#3. Band practice with a guitarist and no friggin drummer.....yet
#4. started drinking Jack Daniels
#5. 8pm, ran outta JD and started drinking the last 2 corona's i had
#6. Started on Vodka and chatting in a yahoo busting chops on unsespecting idiots..
#7. Bored, drunk and replying to your post.
#8. Logging off...have a great night http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

Esel1964
10-05-2006, 10:14 PM
Well,the first thing I did,was ******** with the wife.
Then I *****ed in the ****,and boy was that a mess.It took me 20 min. to clean all the ****** just off of me.Whoa!!! That was some fun.

After resting awhile,I ****ed the **** out of another *****ing big,new arrival.Boy,that one almost got me fired-I've never heard such squealing.

During lunchbreak,I managed to get a ******* from the counter girl.Nice.

Then the rest of the day I just sat around with my ***** in my hand,waiting to ***** some.

Went home,the wife was *****,so we had to go **** some more. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/halo.gif

slo_1_2_3
10-05-2006, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by Esel1964:
Well,the first thing I did,was ******** with the wife.
Then I *****ed in the ****,and boy was that a mess.It took me 20 min. to clean all the ****** just off of me.Whoa!!! That was some fun.

After resting awhile,I ****ed the **** out of another *****ing big,new arrival.Boy,that one almost got me fired-I've never heard such squealing.

During lunchbreak,I managed to get a ******* from the counter girl.Nice.

Then the rest of the day I just sat around with my ***** in my hand,waiting to ***** some.

Went home,the wife was *****,so we had to go **** some more. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/halo.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

BiscuitKnight
10-06-2006, 01:55 AM
It's amazing isn't it, how you give someone the slightest chance and they'll relate to you their day. I remember reading once that all people really want to talk about themselves, you just have to approach it the right way depending on the person (ie some people you say "hi" and get a life story, others you have to ease them around to get their first name or phone number http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif)

Having said that, here's my whack:

7:00AM Wake up
8:00AM Bus to school
8:30AM Bus arrives way too early because the driver has a deathwish and does 110KPH in 70 zones
8:40AM Talk to a girl, then to a mate
8:50AM Class starts - International Politics, we watch a video about Greenlanders and their lifestyle, after 30 minutes of wasted time in which I discussed the M1 Abrams with a mate
9:50AM Electrotechnology, I successfully mount a 9V battery in a dodgy homemade controller for a radio controlled car, taking 60 minutes to do so, minus the lecture I got for asking for help writing a folio
10:50AM Talk to Michael and Simon, meet a girl called Alex.
11:15AM Read a book about Vietnam, as I have a 100 minute free period, followed by lunch, and **** all to do
12:30 put the book away, get some Dim Sims for lunch, with chicken salt: rarely eat them, but I wanted some variety
12:50 I end up in the IT room doing an overdue piece of homework that no one in my class has handed in - couldn't find my mates
1:10PM End up reading more of the book
1:35PM English. Jeez, MacBeth blows, and it blows hard when read by barely literate teenagers failed by Victoria's skithole education system
2:35PM Maths is cancelled, as my Maths teacher doubles as a local politician fighting to be re-elected as Mayor.
4:00PM Haircut
5:30PM I get home, turn on the computer, check my emails and MSN - nobody online, no emails. Check my clan forum - unusually slow day with a grand total of three posts; last night I posted about eight things, thus utterly dwarfing today's megre additions. I then check here, and find myself relating my utterly boring day to people who most likely will not read it, and enjoying every minute. Cheers http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

rnzoli
10-06-2006, 02:49 AM
8:30AM Bus arrives way too early because the driver has a deathwish and does 110KPH in 70 zones

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif and I thought only our busdrivers are nuts... but we have not only speed limit, we have a winding narrow road through a forest, a trip that often scares my daughter and my wife http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif

SeaFireLIV
10-06-2006, 03:29 AM
7:00 - up.
7:30 - Sent daughter off to school.
7:30 - Got on with my newest art project.
11:30 - Phone call from school, daughter involved in school scrap.
12.00 - Fetch daughter. Teacher dissappointed in daughter. Excluded all day tomorrow. (In my day I would`ve been caned... which imho is a better punishment).
12.30 - Daughter explained bullying situation from annoying girl and so she stood up to it and fought back.
13:00 - Got daughter Ice cream and congratulated her for standing her ground to bullies. (I`ll admit I`ve always told her to stand and fight bullies if she`s getting no joy from teachers).
14:00 - 16:00: Long waffle about bullies life and taking punishment for fighting etc...

17:00 - Other jobs required for day completely thrown out so went back to artwork.

20:00 - went online for my session on IL2.

11:30- Wrote diary. Bed.

BiscuitKnight
10-06-2006, 03:59 AM
Where you from, rznoli? I can just imagine some wide eyes during the forest run!

I can't figure out this bus driver's reasoning: the students don't benefit from the extra ten minutes gained, nor does he, but somehow pushing a bus along at 110KPH so that it's rattling like a 1970's Leyland despite actually being a late '90s machine, doesn't strike me as wise, not just because I'm sure the bus company won't be pleased, but because parents will go beserk if they learn he's cracking on that fast along the Calder highway: it's one of the worst engineering feats of Australian roadbuilders, because it undulates enough to hide cars every 100m in depressions, and then it's all trees on both sides. Well, save for the bus stops loaded with schoolchildren, which might present a softer place to crash the bus into...

sukebeboy
10-06-2006, 05:12 AM
Was scheduled to take my students on our bi-annual Baatan Death March(tm) {aka kyouhotaikai 強*¤会}. Basically, as Monday in Japan is a national holiday called Sports Day (taiku no hi ""²"¥), various high schools around Japan think it's a good idea to force march the wee buggers for 36 km around the hills, rice paddies and freeways.

I was actually looking forward to it as, hey, it beats actually droning on in front of the class while the brats ignore me and play with their cell phones, put on make-up, chat, or sleep on their desks. Naturally I was rather put out when it was cancelled due to a typhoon.

Got soaked putting home on my little scooter and found that War-Clouds was offline.

Think I'll go out and get drunk.

danjama
10-06-2006, 05:25 AM
ok here was my Thursday.

Woke up at 9.30, sent Goodmorning txt to the girl, ran a bath with bubbles, sat in bath for 30mins to cool down. Tried to relax and reminded myself again that i had to visit mums grave sometime this week and lay flowers, keep forgetting. At 10.20 approx i ate, then i went to Heathway station and got the train to Bow Road where i started work at 11.30. I worked until 8pm, fookin nackered. Went strait to the girls house in Lakeside, hour train rides, had a shower there, cuddled up with her and watched The Truman Show. Got home about 12.30 went to sleep after reading some of Echoes of England: 8th AF in England. Now im sittin in a net cafe writing this, going back to work in 10mins and i will go out tonight and get rat assed with mates. It's funny how life can go from one extreme to the next in a few hours of the day: complete **** to brilliant.

FlatSpinMan
10-06-2006, 06:32 AM
Interesting thread.

Yesterday was great - my only class for the day (I'm a corporate English teacher) cancelled so I got paid to mess around with the FMB and checked these insanely addictive forums way to often. Actually I don't think that's exactly what I got paid for but the net result is the same http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/34.gif.

Today was a bit busier but it's Friday and I 'm bullet-proof on Fridays http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

6:42- got up
7:55 - catch the first of four trains and one taxi. Start reading book.
10:20 - Stop reading book. Arrive at client's building which is situated in the mountains and rice fields of rural Japan.
10:30 - first class starts
12:30 - break for lunch but realise I forgot three things for next lesson so improvise plan and buy some crappy bread thing for 10 remaining minutes of lunch
1:15 - 5:30 teach two more 2hour classes and, as usual, have a good laugh doing so
5:52 - catch train back home, start reading book(Fantasy novel but I really like this series. Not usually my thing but I highly recommend "A game of Thrones" by Geroge R R Martin)
8:00 stop off in centre of city to cast a casual eye over all the girls and buy a present for my wife to cheer her up after a tough week at work(Sir,the private is merely attempting to represent the fundamental dichotomy of men, sir!)
8:40 - get home, have a coke (Belgian beer coming soon), check the forums till my poor wee wife comes back.

Have a good one, guys.

BSS_AIJO
10-06-2006, 07:02 AM
had a usuall sort of day

0400 woke up, and beat feet to get ready for work as 0430 is the latest leave time.

0430 ran out of the house ( did I forget something )
0500 30 miles from home, yes I forgot the paperwork for the financing for the new furnace. Too late now ( again )

0530 stop on tollway for gas and smokes

0600 arrive at work

dind work and junk

1000 drive downtown and rack up new machine

15:30 head home

1800 get home

1900 back to bed

MOst of my days kind of suck.

bSS_AIJO

Deadmeat313
10-06-2006, 08:16 AM
Kudos FlatSpinMan. I just started reading Game of Thrones. G.R.R. Martin is an amazing author. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

T.

FlatSpinMan
10-06-2006, 10:03 AM
Hope you enjoy it Deadmeat. My interest was rekindled when I saw the newest one come out. I startd reading it but couldn't remember a *******ed thing so went back to the start. Now I'm up to no.3 but am sadly lacking the first half of it. I have the rest but not that one. A trip into Osaka tomorrow is called for methinks.
I hope you enjoy the books. Tyrion is my favourite I think.

Worf101
10-06-2006, 01:36 PM
My Day??

Up at 5:30 AM

Pry my 13 year old out his fart sack at 5:31

5:32 - 6:30 remind him to brush his teefes, wursh his nasty a$$, remember his books, remeber to take his lunch money, brush his hair etc...

6:31 Make him turn off the T.V.

6:35 Sit with knucklehead in car so mum doesn't worry about pedophiles poachin;' his sweet cheeks.

6:40 Deposit the little nugged on the bus and head to work.

7:00 AM to 3:00 PM - Pull on my oar to the beat that can't be beat, that Motown Beat.

3:15 out the door assuming that no "Red Balls" have cropped up.

3:30 PM - Get home and ask him 30 times if he's done his homework?

7:30 Try one more time to repair my busted puter (typing this at work) cause I've not flown in almost 2 weeks.

Hope this helps...

Da Worfster