PDA

View Full Version : Armored AA?

Warforger
10-02-2010, 10:45 AM
Everytime I build them I build them, I build them under the pretense that they not only will they be able to shoot down aircraft for their cost, but are also able to protect my tanks as they move from aircraft,but often I find that all the aircraft do is attack the armored AA and blow them up, effectively making them useless, the 10$ AA (usually 10$) works much better especially when hidden in forests, aircraft just turn tail since they can't see them. Not to mention they spammable so you have enough AA to deal with the aircraft, the armored AA on the other hand goes in the prototype base and so takes up the time for super heavy tanks to be built and costs much more.

Is there something I'm missing? Or is armored AA really useless?

Wartactics
10-02-2010, 11:10 AM
I've noticed that too. The enemy aircraft target the armored anti air vehicles first. You have to keep building them and moving them up as your tanks move up. I think its best to give air support with fighters and armored AA. Use a ruse to keep the enemy fighters at bay

kalijon
10-02-2010, 11:37 AM
Armored AA is actually pretty useful. It's good to finish off weakened air units really.

You should definitely favor the light AA guns for ambush in the forests, but there isn't a lot of damage dealt, even with surprise attack. Mobile AA's typically have excellent damage, and when flanked by light AA's, it's an excellent air deterrent.

I believe the Ruse PC forum is discussing the Armored AA units and have come to the conclusion that the wirlbelwind is seemingly the best.

Personally though, I think Anti air units are useful for building a perimeter, but you really have to build some fighters and at least make a go of controlling the skies proper. I mean, a fighter bomber is worth 25-35$ but I would gladly sacrifice one or two to destroy recon units.

Axe99
10-02-2010, 02:55 PM
I've posted some stuff on AA in general, here:

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/foru...1016188/m/3011057488 (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7471016188/m/3011057488)

May be useful. Armoured AA can be particularly useful when you're moving forward against a base with relatively strong AA, as air combat will often drag your fighters forward into their AA net and shred 'em. Unless your opponent has a lot of fighter-bombers (in which case they'll have weaknesses elsewhere that you may be able to exploit), a stack of 5-6 Whirbelwinds, Skinks or M19s will make short work of enemy aircraft.

Be aware of the level of armour on your AA - the mounted Breda, for instance, is only vehicle armour, and the M15 Counteraereo is only 15mm (level 1), while the Whirbelwind, Skink and M19 are 45mm (level 3). The armour level won't matter so much against fighter-bombers (although it helps), but will make a big difference if they try and shut down your mobile AA with arty.

Fighters are very handy if this should happen - very hard to hit fighters with arty http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif.