PDA

View Full Version : Need more different people

an-assassin
06-26-2011, 02:40 PM
Hi. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I think that it feels like in brotherhood, that I met the same persons OVER AND OVER again. It fealt like UBI where very lazy with creating alot of people. Let me give you an example:

Remember the man who repaired the canons in the beginning at Monterigioni? It seems that he has very many jobs.
I have seen him as:
a priest (in the first mission)
a cardinal
a borgia curear (not sure if I spelled that right)
a borgia guard
a theif
an archer
and a civilian

And I have seen him MANY times in these roles. What do you say?

Blind2Society
06-26-2011, 03:23 PM
Though I didn't notice that myself (I wasn't looking), if what you say is true I'd imagine those at Ubi probably hoped nobody would notice http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

ShaneO7K
06-26-2011, 03:39 PM
Times are bad, that guy is also the mayor of a town and also the sheriff. He needs the money, have a heart!

On topic it would take a lot of work to make each individual character in the game look unique, I'm sure a lot of us have seen a lot of characters in other game that look the same. I'll use GTA as an example of this.

Calvarok
06-26-2011, 03:44 PM
Those were unimportant NPCs.

Ubisoft has shown a greater variety of unimportant NPC faces in the Revelations demo.

Problem solved.

*bow*

ThaWhistle
06-26-2011, 04:23 PM
meh, unless you want a game thats on a dozen discs or something, and takes even longer to make, expect to see alot of duplicate faces and such. hell, you can kill the same guard over and over again at the same time in AC1.

Blind2Society
06-26-2011, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by dead_gunner187:
Times are bad, that guy is also the mayor of a town and also the sheriff. He needs the money, have a heart!
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

Originally posted by ThaWhistle:
meh, unless you want a game thats on a dozen discs or something, and takes even longer to make, expect to see alot of duplicate faces and such. hell, you can kill the same guard over and over again at the same time in AC1.
I believe that is similar to the excuse Square used for not making a new open world non linear Final Fantasy. And to that I say one thing, Fallout.

RzaRecta357
06-26-2011, 06:34 PM
GTAIV had tons of different peds and they even rocked different clothing when they had the same face to give off a different person feel to it.

ThaWhistle
06-26-2011, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by Blind2Society:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dead_gunner187:
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

Originally posted by ThaWhistle:
I believe that is similar to the excuse Square used for not making a new open world non linear Final Fantasy. And to that I say one thing, Fallout. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

its doable, but in the end, does it really matter? especialyl with a series where they keep to a VERY strict timeline. I'd rather see time spent making a quality plot, and gameplay. the environment in the AC series is always stellar, but the people walking around and their diversity, is alot lower on the list of things that deserve a large amount of attention. But if they get around to it, awesome, if not, no biggy.

Azugo
06-26-2011, 07:45 PM
The only game I've really seen that has a great variety of NPC's, I think, is L.A. Noire.

GarethNelson
06-26-2011, 08:33 PM
One thing that could be done is to integrate a system like makehuman (google it) and generate multiple meshes from the same base. Then you could add different facial components rather than scanning entire faces.

So, it's not impossible to produce multiple unique NPCs without the need to individually model each one. However, where do we honestly want ubisoft's developers to spend their time? I don't care about the NPCs personally.

Calvarok
06-26-2011, 09:39 PM
They have more faces in each game.

Blind2Society
06-26-2011, 11:49 PM
Clearly there are better things for the devs to focus on. This is simply a fun discussion.

Calvarok
06-26-2011, 11:57 PM
The devs always talk about how the crowd is a n important part of the game, and I think so too. It's worth it to focus on. I loves the crowd in brotherhood, there were lots of new faces, expecially for the women. Hopefully the guards in Revelations have some more variety.

Blind2Society
06-27-2011, 12:04 AM
Oh, I agree with you 100%. I have actually made a post about this topic recently. But as of now, for this thread, it simply is just a for fun thing.