PDA

View Full Version : How to "Fix" this game

Photus
12-30-2007, 12:56 PM
Assassin's Creed is a good game, but I think one simple thing could make it into a great game: Higher damage intake. Once you get the ability to counter kill, there is no reason why you should even loss health. The fighting system should be as realistic as it is said to be, and Altair should be lossing 7-8 synchronization bars per hit (not block). This would give the player more incentive to avoid gaurds by using Altair's social stealth and climbing skills instead of going full high-profile into each assassinations and easily killing 10-20 guards. I think the game is just too easy. I want a challenge. Just my opinion.

the_assassin_07
12-30-2007, 01:06 PM
Yeah true but 7-8 bars!? That's a bit over the top lol. 4-5 or something would be good.

Photus
12-30-2007, 01:09 PM
Well, you get my point.

the_assassin_07
12-30-2007, 01:14 PM
Yeah...

Countering is far too easy; even for people with a smaller brain cell capacity of a pea. Just tap square then you block your opponents attack perfectly then execute him flawlessly.

It looks beautiful but it's not much of a challenge unless you're surrounded by 20 people; and even then it's not hard work.

Zain0
12-30-2007, 01:27 PM
My sister was playing this game and had no idea what she was doing, she got like 4 guards attacking her and she had no idea what to do so she started tapping every button over and over and everytime a guard attacked she countered and killed every single one.. I agree that this game needs to be a bit more challenging, I loved the game, still do, but the fights were way too easy http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

the_assassin_07
12-30-2007, 01:31 PM
Haha that's what my brother does; most of the time he kills them but some of the time no guard attacks and he presses it, then he waves his sword and the guard attacks him lmao. Oh well at least there is AC2 to fix the easiness (maybe).

Zain0
12-30-2007, 01:51 PM
My sister had NO idea what she was doing though, took her 10 minutes to get past the "Free-running" part of when robert threw altair through the other room and the wall collapses, she was running in masyaf, instead of jumping and free-running she kept hitting the wrong button to assassinate, when she was fighting guards she kept pressing the lock on button over and over so it would keep locking on and off, giving me a headache and mashing buttons and counter-killing every guard http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

the_assassin_07
12-30-2007, 01:53 PM
Lmao. It annoys me when I'm watching some one who can't play a game properly; even if it has nothing to do with me lol.

Zain0
12-30-2007, 03:41 PM
lol Yeah, its just ... weird, when people dont play like you, I was at my brothers house and he was playing for the first time, he was taking stairs to get to rooftops and taking the safest way to go, I was like "AHH! JUMP FROM ROOF TO ROOF!" and he goes "But what if i die?" lmao

CrazyJufo
12-30-2007, 04:11 PM
rofl http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif

avsrule247
12-30-2007, 04:13 PM
If you people choose to fight defensive with countering EVERY move then it is YOUR fault that you don't take enough damage. If you tried fighting by switching out of defensive mode once in a while then you would take A LOT more damage.

Defender219
12-30-2007, 05:46 PM
I just stopped countering and began dodging and doing combos, it takes longer and its more fun

jcody
12-30-2007, 08:55 PM
Yeah, me too. I play on an offensive end. I don't hold the block button waiting for an attack to counter like noobs http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif . That risks you getting your guard broken and some damage. It's better to tap the block button along with a response (dodge/counter) while the enemy is swinging. It's alot harder but it's better for keeping your damage down to a minimum, i think it's how the fight system was meant to work.

In my opinion the block button shouldn't be "holdable" i think if you press it then you block for a little while, like a "parry" (think of the LOTR games)

Another fun thing to do is to exit "combat mode" (don't target anyone) with the hidden blade selected, then free run at all of the guards and tackle them. Then while they are on the ground, use the hidden blade. It's a nice way to avoid the combat system all together, lol.

the_assassin_07
12-31-2007, 12:59 PM
lol Yeah, its just ... weird, when people dont play like you, I was at my brothers house and he was playing for the first time, he was taking stairs to get to rooftops and taking the safest way to go, I was like "AHH! JUMP FROM ROOF TO ROOF!" and he goes "But what if i die?" lmao
Lol.

Photus
12-31-2007, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by avsrule247:
If you people choose to fight defensive with countering EVERY move then it is YOUR fault that you don't take enough damage. If you tried fighting by switching out of defensive mode once in a while then you would take A LOT more damage.
I shouldn't have to create my own challenges. The game should already be challenging. I WANT to die once a while, otherwise I have no reason to feel accomplished after I beat it.

Pr0metheus 1962
12-31-2007, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by Photus:
Assassin's Creed is a good game, but I think one simple thing could make it into a great game: Higher damage intake... Altair should be lossing 7-8 synchronization bars per hit (not block). This would give the player more incentive to avoid gaurds by using Altair's social stealth and climbing skills instead of going full high-profile into each assassinations and easily killing 10-20 guards. I think the game is just too easy. I want a challenge. Just my opinion.

I agree, but the equivalent of this can be achieved without any modification to the game. Simply stop doing the things that increase the size of the synch bar. The fewer citizens you save, the fewer investigations you do, the fewer buildings you climb, the lower your synch bar. Anyone can attempt the game by doing the bare minimum - this will result in all attacks effectively doing greater damage to the player's synch bar.

mastoner20
12-31-2007, 09:49 PM
try the combat with nothing but the hidden blade, that is a challenge, they allways block your attack, unless they are shuddering, and you can't just block the attacks, so you actually have to dodge, or counter, adds a little more challenging.

AhoyTheFatMan
01-01-2008, 02:52 PM
I shouldn't have to create my own challenges. The game should already be challenging. I WANT to die once a while, otherwise I have no reason to feel accomplished after I beat it.

i die by fiting nr water or on bars, and also knights are harder 2 fight than saracens. i mean, theyll strike wen yor down! sarecens dnt!