PDA

View Full Version : Feeling rather ripped ff here

WortWort117
08-12-2011, 05:25 PM
Has it always been like this?

I bought ACB last year. I'm pretty sure most of us have. We also know the multiplayer population is rather thin. The search times prove that. And even if there is a giant population, there is no way to see it.

So, anyway, Revelations is going to be released at the end of this year.... again. So is Battlefield, CoD, and Halo and all these other games. I'm not going to be buying ALL of those games.

That just means, the base population that plays Brotherhood a lot willbe split thin into the Revelaton players and Brotherhood players.

If you are like me, not buying Revelatians, we're just not going to be able to play Brotherhood anymore... Right? With Revelation being the new hot thing,who's goin to play Brotherhood?

Feeling ripped here. Hopefully this doesn't evolve into a CoD #2

Note, i am not feeling ripped because it is released at the same time as CoD, **** CoD, I'm feeling ripped that brotherhood only got a year of limelight. :/

Note 2- We can only climb clay buildings for so long.

Stowdace
08-12-2011, 05:34 PM
I'm going to love every moment of Revelations and its much needed improvements to the gameplay when compared to Brotherhood. I'm still going to play both games so I can maintain my rank in the leaderboards. That being said, I cannot speak for the rest of the community.

Jexx21
08-12-2011, 05:37 PM
..Assassin's Creed Brotherhood wasn't launched until March 2011..

LightRey
08-12-2011, 05:39 PM
So you feel ripped off because the game is released during the time of the year at which most popular games come out, because of it being the time they can get the best sales?
Now that, is just being selfish imo.

notafanboy
08-12-2011, 05:41 PM
there are lots of people playing the multiplayer, they are just having matchmaking problems. also, AC is not a multiplayer game.

Jexx21
08-12-2011, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by Jexx21:
..Assassin's Creed Brotherhood wasn't launched until March 2011..

Crap, forgot that this was the PC release date, not the console one.

Sorry.

E-Zekiel
08-12-2011, 10:25 PM
I will play Brotherhood multiplayer if I don't like Revelations' multiplayer. However, I think the "random encounters" addition to single player will keep me playing that *a lot* too.

ThaWhistle
08-12-2011, 11:01 PM
I thought MP was a waste of time and space on my HD, I really only buy these games for the SP. But hey, maybe ill be suprised with this one.

itsamea-mario
08-13-2011, 01:47 AM
Well I personally think it's a good thing revelations comes out near CoD, it means we don't have to put up with the type of people who play CoD.

EmmaBemma
08-13-2011, 01:58 AM
If you want to get Revelations just for the MP then I would reconsider, at least until the games come out and you can read more about it. AC is a SP at its heart, the MP is more of an extra.

Turkiye96
08-13-2011, 05:43 AM
well hopefully they will add a patch to brotherhood ( for money ofcourse) so that its compatible with revelations
but chances are they wont, as I dont expect them to put that much effort into doing that.

MonsterJunkese
08-13-2011, 09:40 AM
Who cares if cod comes out at the same time? All the 10 year olds will get that, and the smart people will be buying battlefield 3 and revelations.

NuclearFuss
08-13-2011, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by MonsterJunkese:
Who cares if cod comes out at the same time? All the 10 year olds will get that, and the smart people will be buying battlefield 3 and revelations.

*cough* And Uncharted 3 *cough*

WortWort117
08-13-2011, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by sackboy411:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MonsterJunkese:

*cough* And Uncharted 3 *cough* </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

thats only for PS..... Oh yeah forgot. AC is for both consoles. Stupid me.

Jexx21
08-13-2011, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by WortWort117:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sackboy411:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MonsterJunkese:

*cough* And Uncharted 3 *cough* </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

thats only for PS..... Oh yeah forgot. AC is for both consoles. Stupid me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There are more than 2 consoles and more than 3 non-portable systems that modern games can play on..

PS3, Xbox 360, Wii, and PC.

Altair661
08-14-2011, 02:25 AM
I love the AC games, played he 1st one 8 times in fact. However it is true, AC is a SP game at heart. When they started annualizing it, I got scared. Then they added MP. I thought it would go down the drain. But ACB was the best AC yet! But, Im only like a level 17 or 20 or something in MP, I have rebuilt 99% of Rome. I just could not get into the MP that much. I only played it with friends. Mainly because I was all excited to play it one day..but I could not get a match, The servers are ****. If in ACR (Thank god they fixed the stun) they fix the servers i'll be pretiging in that right away. But I mainly buy the AC's strictly because Im dying to know what happens next in the story

E-Zekiel
08-14-2011, 03:35 AM
Originally posted by Altair661:
I love the AC games, played he 1st one 8 times in fact. However it is true, AC is a SP game at heart. When they started annualizing it, I got scared. Then they added MP. I thought it would go down the drain. But ACB was the best AC yet! But, Im only like a level 17 or 20 or something in MP, I have rebuilt 99% of Rome. I just could not get into the MP that much. I only played it with friends. Mainly because I was all excited to play it one day..but I could not get a match, The servers are ****. If in ACR (Thank god they fixed the stun) they fix the servers i'll be pretiging in that right away. But I mainly buy the AC's strictly because Im dying to know what happens next in the story

Fixed the stun? What's broken about it?

Altair661
08-14-2011, 03:43 AM
It's just, you should be able to kill them, do something more offensive then just hit em in the temple and black out for a few seconds. Then again I havent mastered the MP but still, Ithink the stun could be better

NewBlade200
08-14-2011, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by Altair661:
It's just, you should be able to kill them, do something more offensive then just hit em in the temple and black out for a few seconds. Then again I havent mastered the MP but still, Ithink the stun could be better Its Assassin's Creed, not Stunner's Creed.

LightRey
08-14-2011, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by NewBlade200:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Altair661:
It's just, you should be able to kill them, do something more offensive then just hit em in the temple and black out for a few seconds. Then again I havent mastered the MP but still, Ithink the stun could be better Its Assassin's Creed, not Stunner's Creed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
They're not called assassins because they kill.

xCr0wnedNorris
08-14-2011, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by E-Zekiel:

The animation was too long and unnecessarily dragged out.

PrAyLuDe1
08-14-2011, 10:01 PM
I don't have a problem with AC:R coming out the same time as all the other games. It's usually around the holidays when the good games are released, therefore more money for the companies... xD

I am a huge fan of AC because of the singleplayer. I bought AC:B late and was unaware of it even having multiplayer, until i got home with it. AC is great because of the story, they seem to always leave you hanging at the end of each game, that's why I keep buying them to find out what happens next. Kinda like a sequel to a movie that you love. The multiplayer is a bonus, yes. I rather have the story impacted singleplayer, than a CoD like Multiplayer. Don't get me wrong, I love the Multiplayer for AC, but I buy these for the story....IMO without a story, you have nothing. xD

Also, this was their first attempt at the multiplayer universe with AC. Of course it isn't going to be amazingly great. It has flaws, it's a first try. Expect better things with AC:R!

E-Zekiel
08-14-2011, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by xCr0wnedNorris:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by E-Zekiel:

The animation was too long and unnecessarily dragged out. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, that I can agree with you on for sure. Mainly the rear stun animation. I LOVE the animation, but it could do with some streamlining cause if I have multiple pursuers.....

ProdiGurl
08-15-2011, 07:23 AM
I don't get why you're feeling ripped off at all.
Sounds like we're getting a little too spoiled or something.
If you love Brotherhood, why wouldn't you get Revelations? I haven't been able to afford new games, so I just buy them later after prices drop - that's why I just got ACB last month.
I'll get Revelations later ... but ACB was SO good, I might just splurge and get it at full price.

Ureh
08-15-2011, 07:59 AM
Originally posted by ProdiGurl:
I don't get why you're feeling ripped off at all.
Sounds like we're getting a little too spoiled or something.
If you love Brotherhood, why wouldn't you get Revelations? I haven't been able to afford new games, so I just buy them later after prices drop - that's why I just got ACB last month.
I'll get Revelations later ... but ACB was SO good, I might just splurge and get it at full price.

Naw, just stick to the old plan, it's what I'm doing. Wait just a few months (6 at most) and we get a new copy of ACR for $19, no tax, and free s&h from amazon? Count me in! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Grandmaster_Z
08-15-2011, 09:06 AM
they should make multiplayer a separate game and just do updates/dlc so that you dont have to buy a new version every year. yea right..

Calvarok
08-15-2011, 10:12 PM
Ubisoft IS trying to improve the connection problems for Brotherhood, so you'll have an easier time finding matches even if there's less players. But Ubisoft is also trying to make multiplayer waaaay better for Revelations. They stand to gain nothing from just not putting multiplayer into Revelations. They're losing people from brotherhood anyways. You are in the minority. Most AC fans will be buying Revelations. And it's not like you can't buy it later.

Jexx21
08-15-2011, 11:09 PM
Won't both games have a good amount of players if it's sold in the millions? Besides, it's just a game, and a game that's sold mainly for the single-player at that. You really shouldn't feel ripped off because the multiplayer was just an extra.

Unless your an achievement/trophy getter. Then I guess it matters a lot to you.