PDA

View Full Version : Tempest gunsight is to small at high-res

LT.INSTG8R
02-09-2006, 08:56 PM
The Tempests gunsight is far to small to use. Yes I had the "beta" and the gunsight was perfect(maybe even a little too big). I normally fly in wide view and centred gunsight so I can still see some of my gauges I also run at high res (1280x1024 as its my Monitors Native Resolution) with my regular mode of flying I cant even see the centre dot on the sight unless I am completely zoomed in now.I dont wanna be a patch whiner but I really think this should be looked at. All other Aircraft this is not an issue and overall a great patch other than this "small" issue

VW-IceFire
02-09-2006, 09:26 PM
I'm not 100% sure but I think the screen shots we were shown...the gunsight was way too big. What they have done is now the historical size.

I suggest using the zoom key to take snapshots when you are attacking an enemy fighter. I do this out of habit anyways (particularly with the .50cal armed aircraft so I can see the tracers better). Yes its small and the dot is near invisible at high res....but I don't see it as a problem and its probably the size it should be.

It was probably too big before from what I saw of the screen shots...

LT.INSTG8R
02-09-2006, 09:57 PM
Yes IceFire I have sort of figured out whats wrong with it(I do zoom{Gunsight View} in when I shoot but I fly in Wide view so its not getting any closer when I do).It doesnt matter what View you are in but when centering the gunsight its size remains constant no matter what view you choose(it never gets any closer)

TooCooL34
02-10-2006, 03:08 AM
I also fly in 1280x1024 with 19" LCD in wide view.
I don't find gunsight has problem in this resolution.
Maybe you're too far from your monitor?
Distance of my eyes from monitor is about 60~70cm(about 26 inches).

JG53Frankyboy
02-10-2006, 03:25 AM
the dot in the middle is also very hard to see for me if im not in the closest zoom.

LT.INSTG8R
02-10-2006, 05:13 AM
Yes unless you are in normal view or normalview+Gunsight the dot is not visible.the pilot(perspective) is also sitting much further back then before so the combination of the smallers sight and the pilot being so far back makes it difficult to see,Also of you notice if in Normal View then switch to gunsight view the gunsight does not get any closer(the rest of the pilots view of the cockpit does but not the sight) which I think is part of the problem.

@TooCool Im am about arms length away(and up until the Tempest there is NO AC I cant use/see the gunsight using Wide view including all the rest of the new ones in this patch for example look at the Mosquitos sight thats about the right size/distance)

LT.INSTG8R
02-10-2006, 09:08 AM
I have since figured out its a bug. The size of the Gunsight does not change when zoomed into Gunsight View it remains the same.

LT.INSTG8R
02-11-2006, 04:48 AM
I have submitted screenshots and explanation to 1C I can post them here if anyone cares...