PDA

View Full Version : Altair in Altair`s armour

flyingeaglemile
07-04-2011, 09:00 PM
Do you think when we play as Altair in ACR he`ll be in Altair`s armour, or in his regular white robes. I`d prefer to see him in Altair`s armour because, that armour was sweet and he did spend all the time inventing it so maybe we`ll even see him create it.

PS: I know my apostrophes are messed up, my keyboard is messed.

kriegerdesgottes
07-04-2011, 10:57 PM
I hope that he has it at some point but it wouldn't look exactly like it did when Ezio had it. Ezio's version is clearly very Italian. I think Altair just made the armor. Plus I hated the way the armor of Altair looks anyway so I hope he still has his white suit but maybe at the end he could make the armor for it.

ProletariatPleb
07-05-2011, 12:31 AM
I guess he will wear the ARMOUR not the black & white robes(they were probably italian design) and they looked....stupid to me, Ezio looked like a clown black & white lines, LOL.

Xanatos2007
07-05-2011, 12:54 AM
Keep in mind that Altair's armour, like the Armour of Brutus/Romulus, wasn't part of the main story and was just something tacked onto ACII to add more "variety".

Jexx21
07-05-2011, 01:26 AM
Originally posted by Xanatos2007:
Keep in mind that Altair's armour, like the Armour of Brutus/Romulus, wasn't part of the main story and was just something tacked onto ACII to add more "variety".

No offense, but unless you have a source on this, I'd have to choose the game over the book.

ajl992008
07-05-2011, 01:31 AM
weren'tyou not forced to aquire altairs armor anyway, i remember rebecca saying that to get 100% synch i need that armor, i did the misions anyway but can anyone confirm that its not needed to complete the game,and yes i would like him to wear it but only in later memories.

Jexx21
07-05-2011, 01:43 AM
Originally posted by ajl992008:
weren'tyou not forced to aquire altairs armor anyway, i remember rebecca saying that to get 100% synch i need that armor, i did the misions anyway but can anyone confirm that its not needed to complete the game,and yes i would like him to wear it but only in later memories.

You didn't need it to complete the game, no. But since you need it for a 100% synch (which wasn't actually counted anywhere in ACII) on Ezio's life at that time, it means he had it.

Also, Xanatos. The Armor of Altiar was present in Brotherhood. I'd seriously doubt that they would include it in both games unless it was canon. You see, I don't take the books as absolute canon as the games came before them. Besides, the books are written works by unknown people, I'd trust genetic memory over written books, as Nothing is True.

LieutenantJojo
07-05-2011, 05:11 AM
Since the sequences we play as him will be spread over his entire life, I'd like him to have a few outfits. Let him start with his plain white robes, but after that he starts to wear an altered version with armor on it. And I would really like to see him wear a black outfit similar to Al Mualim's at the end.

iN3krO
07-05-2011, 07:06 AM
in the armor yes, in the clothes of ac2 NO, those clothes were not invented by altair http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Inorganic9_2
07-05-2011, 09:17 AM
I would certainly hope that ubi are smart enough not to include renaissance Italian clothes on medieval armour http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif (tbh though, it must've been Ezio that came up with those clothes because I doubt they would have been at all fashionable at the time. I doubt the design even existed then)

ProletariatPleb
07-05-2011, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by Inorganic9_2:
I would certainly hope that ubi are smart enough not to include renaissance Italian clothes on medieval armour http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif (tbh though, it must've been Ezio that came up with those clothes because I doubt they would have been at all fashionable at the time. I doubt the design even existed then)

It's an italian design, I don't think they'll include it, PS-Medieval armour? period from 5th to 15th century is medeival...Ezio was in it as well as Renaissance period together :P

And the inventions of Alta´r are faaar ahead of their times(Apple of Eden) so armour isn't the problem. Alta´r would look flamboyant if the italian designs are included, lol.

iN3krO
07-05-2011, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by sidspyker24:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Inorganic9_2:

It's an italian design, I don't think they'll include it, PS-Medieval armour? period from 5th to 15th century is medeival...Ezio was in it as well as Renaissance period together :P

And the inventions of Alta´r are faaar ahead of their times(Apple of Eden) so armour isn't the problem. Alta´r would look flamboyant if the italian designs are included, lol. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

AoE gives use knowledge and illusion, it doesn't make us see the future...

Altair made an armor but he didn't knew in 15th century those clothes were fashion...

ProletariatPleb
07-05-2011, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by daniel_gervide:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sidspyker24:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Inorganic9_2:

Yeah, that is exactly what I said...

And the inventions of Alta´r are faaar ahead of their times(Apple of Eden) so armour isn't the problem. Alta´r would look flamboyant if the italian designs are included, lol. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Altair made an armor but he didn't knew in 15th century those clothes were fashion... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, that's exactly that the design wasn't here and it would be stupid if it was included, and explain how Ezio knows Cesare escapes and attacks Spain when he interacts with the Apple in AC:B if AoE can't show the future?

iN3krO
07-05-2011, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by sidspyker24:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by daniel_gervide:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sidspyker24:

Altair made an armor but he didn't knew in 15th century those clothes were fashion... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, that's exactly that the design wasn't here and it would be stupid if it was included, and explain how Ezio knows Cesare escapes and attacks Spain when he interacts with the Apple in AC:B if AoE can't show the future? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

the apple didn't showed him the future, it showed him the present, it showed Cesare alive.

Borgia's family is spanish so ezio knew Cesare would re-take his power in Spain to strike Ezio again.

xx-pyro
07-05-2011, 11:30 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by daniel_gervide:

Yeah, that's exactly that the design wasn't here and it would be stupid if it was included, and explain how Ezio knows Cesare escapes and attacks Spain when he interacts with the Apple in AC:B if AoE can't show the future? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

the apple didn't showed him the future, it showed him the present, it showed Cesare alive.

Borgia's family is spanish so ezio knew Cesare would re-take his power in Spain to strike Ezio again. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No it showed him sieging Vienna before it happened. Either way this topic is about Altair's armour, which I personally believe is probable we will see during Altair's sequences.

sassinscreed
07-05-2011, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by Xanatos2007:

but ezio has armor of altair in the beginning of brotherhood and in last christina memory too so it is part of story

ThaWhistle
07-05-2011, 01:40 PM
Wow, this conversation is really happening?

jonhillert
07-05-2011, 05:38 PM
in the armor yes, in the clothes of ac2 NO, those clothes were not invented by altair http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Yes they were. Read the Codex Pages in ACII.
Altair also made the poison attachment, double blade, assassination techniques, and pistol.

iN3krO
07-05-2011, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by jonhillert:

Yes they were. Read the Codex Pages in ACII.
Altair also made the poison attachment, double blade, assassination techniques, and pistol. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

THE CLOTHES WERE NOT INVENTED BY ALTAIR, ONLY THE ARMOR... The clothes were too renassaince-like -.-''

Learn to read -.-''

Animuses
07-06-2011, 03:01 AM
Codex 19:
Legends speaks of a Golden Fleece. Could the two be related?
...I have further refined the metallurgic process, allowing for the production of a suit of armor the likes of which the world has never seen...
...It is possessed of great strength, yet so light as to allow complete freedom...
...I alternate between wonder and fear. Here we have crafted something that will surely change the face of warfare, making those who wear it nigh invincible...
Perhaps it was a mistake to create these pieces. I think it best to erase the formulae. What if it were to fall in the hands of our enemies? The risk is too great...

There you go. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

EmmaBemma
07-06-2011, 03:18 AM
Originally posted by Animuses:
Codex 19:
Legends speaks of a Golden Fleece. Could the two be related?
...I have further refined the metallurgic process, allowing for the production of a suit of armor the likes of which the world has never seen...

There you go. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
Well, that seems to back up Daniel. Unless there's another one specifically talking about robes, I agree that the robes were not designed by Altair. I do not think Ubi would have gone for such an obvious renaissance style otherwise.

The actual Armour designed by Altair appears to include the greaves, vambraces, pauldrons and chest guard. Looks as though the hood is attached to the pauldrons (or chest guard?) and also part of the original design.

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110418140609/assassinscreed/images/1/1a/ArmorofAltair_stats.jpg (http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/index.php?title=Armor_of_Alta%C3%AFr&image=ArmorofAltair_stats-jpg)

It'd be nice to see Altair wearing the Armour in later sequences. Hopefully over his signature white robes.

Crouching.Tiger
07-06-2011, 07:10 AM
It'd be nice to see Altair wearing the Armour in later sequences. Hopefully over his signature white robes.

Shouldn't he have black and red robes, since he is the Grand Master? Also, the layered design and expensive-looking long robes in ACII's Armour of Alta´r were really cool, hope they do something like that again.

Turkiye96
07-06-2011, 07:56 AM
Well im all for the idea, it fits in perfectly, he made them, it was his armour and he wouldn't give it to anyone ( because it was so good he kept it secret and destroyed all the blueprints as said in the codex). personally i think it looks awesome too and it would be nice for old times sake to wear it again.

but as always they should make sure that it is optional...

iN3krO
07-06-2011, 08:41 AM
I would like to see the Armor as posted by Emma but the clothes should be the ones from ac1 but in black and the belt should have the assassin's logo.

Animuses
07-06-2011, 01:05 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jm2CFrXU19g

Why explain it when this video can?

iN3krO
07-06-2011, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by Animuses:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jm2CFrXU19g

Why explain it when this video can?

The video doesn't explain anything...

It doesn't explain why an armor from 13th century have clothes matching the clothes-style of nobles of 15th century...

Animuses
07-06-2011, 02:00 PM
The Armor was never shown with the Renaissance styled robes until Ezio wore them. The robes were Ezio's... end of story. The video shows us what the armor alone consists of.