PDA

View Full Version : Altair vs Ezio

Henry454
09-13-2010, 04:34 PM
Ezio or Altair? Who is fast as lightning and as powerful as thunder? Who is the best with a sword ? Who would you chose?

NewBlade200
09-13-2010, 05:05 PM
we KNOW ezio was training long into his 40s now. we only know altair was training into his 20-30s. ezio can do backflips and jump up walls. while hanging around ezio youd be like ''WOO!!! WE'RE PICKING UP SOME COURTASANS!!!'', but i think if i hung out with altair, he would make me cry http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/bigtears.gif

AubreyWilborn
09-13-2010, 05:13 PM
You just had to post this, and bring out the AC nerd barely contained inside of me? Here's a nice, long-winded reply for ya:

1. Who was the greatest assasin? Apples and oranges. No way to compare them-they both seem to be great. Altair started the war between Templars and Assasins through his actions in the first game. But Ezio vigorously hunted down the Templars in Renaissance Italy, and squared off against one of the most powerful families in Europe-the Borgias. And he seems to have founded the Brotherhood which exists even into Desmond's day. It's a draw.

2. Who would win in a fight? I'll go with Altair. Ezio has more weapons at his disposal, but Altair just seems more primal and brutal than Ezio. Ezio's a gentleman with chivalry and a sense of honor. Altair is the dude who doesn't muck about, and just kills first, forgets to ask questions later. Altair is a killer, first and foremeost.

3. Who would win in a race? Um...Ezio, because he has competed in more races than Altair has, lol.

4. Who would you rather be friends with? That's a no-brainer-Ezio. Ezio's the guy you could have a beer with, and go to a club to pick up chicks with. He'd make a heck of a wingman. Ezio just has much better people skills.

rain89c
09-13-2010, 05:30 PM
Altair all the way, Ezio is just some dude with fancy clothes.

Silkyn
09-13-2010, 05:33 PM
actually judging by game play mechanics Ezio is a heap better then Altiar at basically everything, he knew everything Altiar knew BEFORE he became an assassin.

lazsilv
09-13-2010, 05:40 PM
Altair's way more badass than Ezio. Most of Ezio's gadgets and assassination techniques came from Altair's codices, anyway. Though Ezio can win over Altair in three things: swimming, picking up ladies, and counting to ten.

Abeonis
09-13-2010, 06:36 PM
I suspect it would be impossible to thoroughly compare the two, mainly due to the nature of their work. As assassins, the success depends as much upon the circumstances as it does their abilites. If you're talking about a straight fight, then I suspect Alta´r would probably win, he is, afterall, the Grand Master of the Order last we hear of him.

@AubreyWilborn: Alta´r did not start the feud between the Templars and Assassins; it had been going on for centuries already, by that point.

ACfreak357
09-13-2010, 07:25 PM
*SPOILER ALERT*

This is what I think.....Ezio would win a hand to hand combat fight but Altair is a better assassin. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif Why? Altair is a Legend thats why He is the centre of attention in the Secret Assassins Tomb Under Ezio's Villa.

AubreyWilborn
09-13-2010, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by Abeonis:
I suspect it would be impossible to thoroughly compare the two, mainly due to the nature of their work. As assassins, the success depends as much upon the circumstances as it does their abilites. If you're talking about a straight fight, then I suspect Alta´r would probably win, he is, afterall, the Grand Master of the Order last we hear of him.

@AubreyWilborn: Alta´r did not start the feud between the Templars and Assassins; it had been going on for centuries already, by that point.

Actually, In AC1 Lucy explicitly tells Desmond that Altair started the war between Templars and Assasins. She implies that by thwarting the Templars' plan for domination of the Holy Land, Altair kicks off the war between Assasins and Templars.

Now, in AC2 we learn that the Assasins and Templars supposedly go way back in terms of origin, but nothing indicates that they have actually been at war with each other since the beginning of time.

Vhalkar
09-13-2010, 08:20 PM

well altair beat his "grand master" so i think ezio could do it too

chaondballer
09-13-2010, 08:35 PM
I would want to be friends with Ezio because of all the girls he could get me

JohnConnor2012
09-14-2010, 03:11 AM
The races ('serial flag collections) in AC are rubbish compared to AC2. You can easily complete them with a minute or more left on the clock, maybe in half the time allowed, whereas AC2's sometimes barely leave you 5-10 seconds.

Probably couldn't go for a drink with Altair as it'd be against his religion (at least at the start of AC). Go for a smoke with him, however - well, that's a whole other story...

EzioAssassin51
09-14-2010, 04:26 AM
I voted Altair, Ezio, Ezio, Ezio.

The race and friends are easy reasons to pick Ezio. In the fight, I'd say Ezio would win, judging mostly by the weapons though.

Greatest Assassin is easily Altair. Codex + Shrine + Killing a lot of Templars in a time like the Crusades = Best assassin by far.

But overall i prefer Ezio!

Abeonis
09-14-2010, 04:51 AM
Originally posted by AubreyWilborn:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Abeonis:

Actually, In AC1 Lucy explicitly tells Desmond that Altair started the war between Templars and Assasins. She implies that by thwarting the Templars' plan for domination of the Holy Land, Altair kicks off the war between Assasins and Templars.

Now, in AC2 we learn that the Assasins and Templars supposedly go way back in terms of origin, but nothing indicates that they have actually been at war with each other since the beginning of time. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No she doesn't, and no he didn't. The game indicates that there is already an intenese conflict going on between the Assassins and the Templars even before the deaths of de Sable and his underlings.

Henry454
09-14-2010, 02:23 PM
Who voted Altair for being friend? Come on that question was ment as a joke!

souNdwAve89
09-14-2010, 02:48 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AubreyWilborn:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Abeonis:

Now, in AC2 we learn that the Assasins and Templars supposedly go way back in terms of origin, but nothing indicates that they have actually been at war with each other since the beginning of time. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No she doesn't, and no he didn't. The game indicates that there is already an intenese conflict going on between the Assassins and the Templars even before the deaths of de Sable and his underlings. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, I agree with Abeonis and the conflict has been going on for a long time and possibly during the time of Adam and Eve, or Human - Those Who Came Before War.

I think Altair is the better assassin. He is trained to be stealthy and lethal. He was trained to be an assassin at young age since the assassin order wasn't really underground at that time period. Considering how they had a base of operations and a good amount of assassins or warriors.

Ezio is still a skilled assassin, but it was all thanks to his uncle Mario and the other assassins in the Italian branch. Ezio's fighting style isn't too different from Altair since it looked like Ubisoft just took the same player model of Altair and gave Ezio his skills. Judging from the new trailer, Ezio has some new moves, which is good since he has his own unique fighting style.

branna96
09-15-2010, 06:10 AM
OK Guys,
Ezio is WAY hotter than Altair and he has such a badass attitude. Ezio has a wider range in outfits, has the best wepons and armour and he is a total ladies man. Who could resist him?

Altair is just very depressed and sad. He is a great assassin though so I'll give him that.

But i hate the way in AC 1 that it takes like 20 minutes to get to every town becasue you have to ride there on horseback. At least in AC 2 you can go to the "fast Travel station' and be there in a few seconds for a low fee.

But I do love Ezio more. He is so much better to be around. A real people person.

Can't wait for Brotherhood.
Comes out a day after my birthday.

Turkiye96
12-24-2010, 10:21 AM
awesome topic...
i know ezio is cooler has more flashy moves, gadgets and is faster in terms of running around but sorry to say this.... Altair is better. Altair could swim (just the animus didnt let u while u were reliving his memories) he could do exactly what ezio could only with much much less... he didnt have anyone to help him... he was in a time where there were no guards only wariors whith heavy armour but still fast. with experience and superior fighting skill. Ezio wouldnt have stood a chance against the crusaders and the ottomans in real combat... killing the weak guards in ac 2 and acb are a lot easier. also when u get hit in ac ur sync bar goes down which means altair never got hit but when ezio gets hit his health goes down which means he actually did get hit.

so in a fight altair would win (if they had the same weapons but since altair made the gun he could use it too... but asuming they didnt use the cross bow or throwing knives or guns)
he was basic but knew how to fight with raw power and moderate speed

altair isnt that friendly he is an assassin... which makes him more awesome... ezio only at 40 became a propper assassin...but stillhe just fought 12 fighs and made a brotherhood... altair fought with the leader of the assassin's and destroyed a man with the apple almost imposible.... while ezio had the apple and fought with rodrigo borgia and lost (another reason why altair would win)so altair had to earn master assassin while ezio made a brotherhood by killing a few people to save 12 people. altair is better...

ezio is faster... no doubt about that... he can run quicker. but back then altair would have to be heavily armoured while ezio had light padding coz the guards could make much of a dent... altair would have to face strong armies... so ezio is faster

so yea... id hang out with ezio, he has people skills and is more likeable,

i think ezio would win in a race because he actually is faster

but i think altair would overh power ezio in a fight and that altair prooved he was a header... ezio just make himself 1 so...

Altair is the greatest assassin

MinerVAX09
12-25-2010, 08:09 AM
I can only speak for the Who could win in a race part....Obviously, Ezio..Ezio's more faster at climbing (Monkey see,monkey do) and the hanging vase thing... C'mon you can tell by the gameplay http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif