PDA

View Full Version : Viewpoint problems

Ragnarokpc
01-27-2010, 06:01 PM
I am having problems with a couple viewpoints, and none of the walkthroughs I see go into detail on them. The one I'm stcuk on right now is in Venice the first time you arrive - it's on a very tall tower, and I can't get very far up at all. I see a handhold not too far up but I can't get to it. There isn't another building close by that I can jump from. Am I missing something, or will I have to fly up there later?

OzDavis
01-27-2010, 07:13 PM
If you progress with the story a little, the thieves in Venice will teach you a climbing technique that will let you climb that viewpoint.

shimpaku
01-27-2010, 10:06 PM
OzDavis is right albeit I don't recall thieves teaching you the movement that you acquire. The first tower that you run into where this difficulty arrives is the tower of Santa Maria Gloriosa dei Frari. This new movement will come in the "Monkey See, Monkey Do" sequence when you meet Rosa to meet this challenge. You will then find out that you can do a climb leap much higher than you did before. You cannot acquire this new higher leap until you meet this challenge. It is a timed sequence but you'll get it after a few tries or perhaps on the first try if your lucky! It's really not at all that difficult. After doing so the new higher leap ability is yours to keep for the rest of the game. Really comes in handy at times.

OzDavis
01-28-2010, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by shimpaku:
OzDavis is right albeit I don't recall thieves teaching you the movement that you acquire. ... This new movement will come in the "Monkey See, Monkey Do" sequence when you meet Rosa to meet this challenge. ... Rosa is injured when you ask her to teach you to climb like she does,
so she gets Franco (one of her thief buddies) to show you instead.

shimpaku
01-28-2010, 10:16 AM
Hmmm....I don't remember that at all!
Wish I could play the sequence again but due to Ubisoft's stupid decision that sequences cannot be replayed....

zjc96
02-06-2010, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by shimpaku:
Hmmm....I don't remember that at all!
Wish I could play the sequence again but due to Ubisoft's stupid decision that sequences cannot be replayed....

Just redo the whole game

shimpaku
02-06-2010, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by zjc96:
Just redo the whole game

Can't...I have something called a life. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

OzDavis
02-11-2010, 01:56 AM
As a Paranoid Android once said:
"Life? ... Don't talk to me about life!"

But still, since I obviously don't have one, I've lost count of the number of times I've played through the game now, though I don't think I've quite hit double figures yet!

The last time round was in order to play through Sequence 12 in the correct chronological order, so you can trust me about Rosa and Franco teaching the climb leap, as the memory of that particular cut sequence was nice and fresh when I posted about it!

shimpaku
02-11-2010, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by OzDavis:
...you can trust me about Rosa and Franco teaching the climb leap, as the memory of that particular cut sequence was nice and fresh when I posted about it!

Yes, your absolutely right. I guess I just had a momentary brain freeze!