PDA

View Full Version : Chin up Oleg, Lets concentrate on th Eastern Front

RickRuski
12-20-2004, 01:29 AM
Hi Oleg,
Don't get disheartend by what is happening at the moment. Il-2 started at the Eastern Front,if you are having trouble with the greedies of this world tell them to go to ****
Lets go back to where it began at the Eastern front and start again, a lot of us still enjoy your development in this area. Lets expand the Eastern front and I am sure that the majority of Il-2 supportors will stay with you. Best wishes for your companies future, I will continue to support this series.

RickRuski
12-20-2004, 01:29 AM
Hi Oleg,
Don't get disheartend by what is happening at the moment. Il-2 started at the Eastern Front,if you are having trouble with the greedies of this world tell them to go to ****
Lets go back to where it began at the Eastern front and start again, a lot of us still enjoy your development in this area. Lets expand the Eastern front and I am sure that the majority of Il-2 supportors will stay with you. Best wishes for your companies future, I will continue to support this series.

Shrike_UK
12-20-2004, 07:19 AM
prefer easter front also, looking back, its like they were the golden years when people flew il2s, i16s and such online. would love to see a new Il2 eastern front sim, new engine based on the BoB engine maybe. I was happy just to carry on with eastern front.

Von_Zero
12-20-2004, 11:25 AM
i'm with you http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif
afterall, isnt' this what made il2 famous? the fact that it was concentrating on the eastern front, without any western inclusions, instead of simply folowing the profitable way of making a western front/pto sim, like M$ did? IMHO, il2 was the proof that in the gaming world, the $ aren't the only ones that rule everything.... it's the passion for this entire "wonder" this game is... Oleg kept showing this with every patch and add-on.

AlmightyTallest
12-20-2004, 12:29 PM
Sorry to disagree with you guys, but I enjoy flying in the Pacific Theater. I think this, as well as the Western front should be supported and expanded. The Eastern front has already been covered with Oleg's sim, and although I wouldn't mind it if he continued to support the Eastern front, I surely don't want him to give up on the Pacific and Western Fronts.

I can understand your positions though, but many American's like me enjoy the Western Front as well as the Pacific, we identify with the planes better http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Bsnakeman
12-20-2004, 01:18 PM
About a month ago I did a complete reinstall of IL2 Forgotten Battles/AEP/PF/Latest patchs and after the first 2 CDs install just went to fly. Men,http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif it had verve, visceral feeling been in the Eastern Front where the s*** really hit badly the fan. Although today the sim got more planes, maps, missions, better performance and IQ, the FB in EF is rough and deadly.
Best,

Vipez-
12-24-2004, 04:56 AM
Agreed! eastern front forever! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif This is the only thing, that made this game unique.. and we are still missing some of the most important planes in the EF:. (like Ju-88, Pe-2, He-129.. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif )

RocketDog
12-24-2004, 05:20 AM
Whether we like it or not, it's a truth that:

Eastern front = fewer US sales = commercial suicide.

Western front = more US sale = 1C stays in business.

Pacific front = maximum US sales = 1C can expand.

Don't misunderstand, I'd like to see as many varied settings for flight sims as possible, but the financial position is quite clear because of the huge US market.

Regards,

RocketDog.

csThor
12-24-2004, 06:04 AM
I don't quite buy that logic. I do not equate US sales with business success as you do since the US may be a large market, but not the dominating one.

SWN_Hawke
12-24-2004, 07:12 AM
First off I would like to say I think this is a top-shelf sim and with the quality of the team or teams of designers and tech types that have put the many hrs into this project to even get it out there I salute you. But as always I do have a question or a complant but it is asked in kind. I also understand that as the title states these are little known or forgotten battles maybe even obscure. I am a U.S citizen
so I see some descrepancies but i am not a histoian and i know Oleg dos his research. again ~S~ from what i know the Leand Lease program was quite active with the war effort my 1st question is this. why isnt the B24 or the B17 not in the game as flyable aircraft the B24 was one of the most used bombers in the war years untill the advent of the B17 series.
and the B29 whitch was used quite extentcive
in the pacific.
2nd question. The P51D was perhaps one of the best fighter persute planes ever build [after the supersharger was put back on it that is ]
for somereason the brits didnt want it on there. can`t figure that one out but anyway my
Uncle was a pilot in WW2 and flewthe 51D as well as the P38 the guns on the 51 seen a bit week i know the .50s were a devastating weapon
and when there was six on the 51 it was a hell to behold when firedinto a 109 and 190 as my uncle said it was like a buzzsaw on fire.
Question 3. more of a statement than a question my uncle said that the P38 was like getting kicked in the pants in a climb but it was not so great in a turning battle with a fighter it was a gun and run aircraft it served mostly as a strike aircraft in his unit but at altitude it served the purpose. but he said it was a bit off in the sim but in his hands even on the computer [he is 84] by the way. if was pretty inprsecive. so in closing keep up the good work with the sim we have a squad in the sim world and we use IL2 pf aep as our core game. we love it. so if you are able to let me know eather by e-mail or in public forum on my questions it would be great asto the 17 and the 25 being a flyable aircraft or is that a secret
for future upgrads or patches? thanks for the sim and please dont give up on use.
SWN_Hawke

JG54_Arnie
12-24-2004, 10:58 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RocketDog:
Whether we like it or not, it's a truth that:

Eastern front = fewer US sales = commercial suicide.

Western front = more US sale = 1C stays in business.

Pacific front = maximum US sales = 1C can expand.

Don't misunderstand, I'd like to see as many varied settings for flight sims as possible, but the financial position is quite clear because of the huge US market.

Regards,

RocketDog. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And someone stated somewhere that PF sold more copies in Russia than it did in the US. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif
Could find the thread for yah, but even then its not a direct link to the source, but maybe someone can confirm?

Jettexas
12-24-2004, 02:04 PM
Seen a lot of these posts around here lately,since the "flap". Seems some folks think that this is indicative of blood in the water and seem a bit too ready(even eager) to nail shut the lid on PF. As if the developers might actually just fold the tent...fiddle -dee-dee and that would be just fine with them.

Interesting. Curious. A bit of a study in group psychology....one asks oneself...if asked all these folks will say they love the game..odd then that they would wish away such a huge advance...

..,Wishful thinking perhaps?

Why might this be...? Looking for a commonality between these scattered posters...
From what quarter do most of these posts come from..Hmmm
one wonders why this quarter is so eager to "get things back to normal"?
After all , for the EF nothing has changed?
It cant be worries over continued development, there is still lots of EF stuff in the hopper....odd isnt it?

As far as shifting focus away from the Pacific It aint gonna happen.

Look-
Its out, its good, its selling well, overcoming a not so well orchestrated release,some confusing patch sequences, and some initial technical hiccups, for most users it works.
Development, as we see in the latest update is ongoing.
The WF/PTO market is huge.And will not be ignored.

and, more than that...
Tomorrow morning, thousands of people will begin their personal journey into flight sims,some will fall away , some will become hardcore full real hairy men, some will play when thier wifes not looking,some will smash thier joysticks and wish they had bought an FPS game, some will meet friends, kill enemies, learn more than they ever wanted to know about "tweaking thier system" Those that stick it out will,as we all have, get beat, get mad.....and eventally get better.

As a community of like minded individuals we all benefit from this growth. THe market grows, the developers take notice, maybe sims become less of a niche.Maybe not.
What difference does it make how they get here?

Place your personal agenda aside for half a minute and consider the community and your contribution to it.Are you a positve a negative or a nuetral? Do you really love the game, or do you love the game as long as its the one that lets you play the side you like, all the time,caters to your strengths and ignores your weaknesses and allows you a high score with repetitive tactics you have perfected over time?

You can wish PF away if you want,but,like my Dad says;
If "ifs" and "buts" were candy and nuts we'd all be fat and sassy.

But they're not.
enjoy the best WW2 sim thats ever been made in the front of your choice. But dont plan a funeral for a product thats not anywhere near dead.Its offensive to those that enjoy the WHOLE game warts and all,its divisive to the community as a whole and it and serves no purpose.

Now, go rescue some noob from Ubi, and show them the ropes.

Happy Christmas,
Jettexas/Redfish

LEXX_Luthor
12-24-2004, 05:56 PM
Pacific is "okay" ...

FB+PF can sim Russian vs Japanese 1941+ ~~&gt; Untold story, only now can be told. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif