PDA

View Full Version : Firecrackers?

DeanOMiite
01-12-2011, 11:19 AM
Does anybody use firecrackers? I have gotten used to smoke and mute as my abilities, but since i've unlocked all of the smoke bomb evolutions I switched it out to work on something else and chose firecrackers and I'm approaching a point where I say I like them more. They have a wider range, they last longer, and and they identify your target in a morphed group (which I LOVE it for). The only issue I have (and this is my mistake, not something I'm complaining about) is that a lot of people drop smoke as soon as they get hit by it and I wind up either getting stunned or killed...but I honestly feel like once I get better about that that this will become a mainstay in my profiles.

That's all, just makin a case for my new best friend!

obliviondoll
01-12-2011, 12:31 PM
Firecrackers are great on offense in Manhunt - if your target's popping smoke immediately and getting the stun, you're doing it wrong.

Take advantage of your range.

Experiment with dropping them from further away - get used to how far you can use them from, and throw them when the whole group is in reach, but before you're close enough to be smoked - they drop smoke, you still get the kill - if they try to head your way thinking you'll be caught by the smoke, free and easy, if they smoke and run, they're blind and easy to catch - either because they run at you, or they run blind into a teammate while you're locked on for the co-op bonus - don't be tempted to run them down yourself though, if they run somewhere you can't easily catch.

I don't use them in Wanted or Alliance, so not the best for advice in those modes.

luth411
01-12-2011, 12:52 PM
I use firecrackers all the time. Actually, the only time I've chosen smoke bomb over firecrackers is when I needed to complete the challenges for smoke bomb.

Firecrackers is superior in many ways. Your last point is correct- you will get better with it. It's hard to learn but once you've gotten the hang of it, it allows you to accomplish some crazy ****.

The issue you mention about players dropping smoke: I think we all have encountered that. The only thing I can offer to you is that you keep practicing the range on the ability. You can blind a player and be well outside the smoke cloud if they choose to deploy it. Alternatively, you can blind them and immediately run up the wall in anticipation of the smoke bomb. I often do this in narrow spaces or crowded areas. I can easily just lock on and get the acrobatic kill before they know what happened.

DeanOMiite
01-12-2011, 01:26 PM
Hmmm....sounds like a great way to complete the Death From Above challenge too (get acrobatic + focus). If the guy drops smoke he's definitely just standing there blinded and mashing the B button hoping for a stun, while I can run up and get my bonus.

Can't wait till I master these bad boys.