PDA

View Full Version : There's a problem with the disc you're using

orendo
02-12-2008, 01:57 PM
I'm getting the following error before the Jubair assassination mission (Memory Block 5). It happens just after "fast forwarding memory to a more recent one" part:

"There's a problem with the disc you're using. It may be dirty or damaged"

My disc is brand new, not even a fingerprint on it.

I tried rebooting and reloading and I always get the same error. I have the latest game patch. I'm playing the European edition (out of the Collector's Edition box that comes with the figurine).

So what now? Contact Ubisoft? Any help would be appreciated.

orendo
02-12-2008, 02:03 PM
Sorry for not posting this on the Help forum.

I also wanted to add I have the PS3 version.

Paladin_1962
02-12-2008, 02:14 PM
Do you get any similar errors while playing another game, or, does it only happen with Assassin's Creed?

If it happens with other games, then it would be reasonable to assume you have an issue with the h/w, and not the s/w (game).

If it's only with Assassin's Creed then perhaps you have a bum disc?

Personally, I'd send an email to Ubisoft, or wait a while for a response to your post, as I think they monitor threads.

CouchZombie
02-12-2008, 02:18 PM
please use the edit button, do not double post.

make sure your PS3 firmware is up to date.

are you playing the European release on a European console? (lame question, but it's been known to happen)

have you tried restarting from the mission before memory block 5?

have you had problems like this with any other games?

orendo
02-13-2008, 12:43 AM
My PS3 has the latest firmware. I'm playing the EU version on an EU console, and I don't have any other problems with other games.

I found this is a known problem, and happens on the US version as well:

http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/messa...sage.id=11731#M11731 (http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=assassinscreed&message.id=11731#M11731)

Following the report by people on that thread, I tried to load that assassination mission a few times, and finally it worked. I was quick to finish the mission so that the game would save at a point after it. Strange thing is that, as reported in the above thread, this always happens before an assassination mission (but not necessarily the same one!).

Crash_Plague
02-16-2008, 10:36 AM
yeah, it seems that the PS3 got a bum wrap for Assassin's Creed. It's seeming to happen a lot just lately. Like when they tried to put the Orange Box on PS3, I think it was EA that managed to mess up the code and ruin the game, lol.

Strange how this problem mostly happens on the PS3, I've not had single crash, frame rate issue, clipping or tearing in all the time I've played AC. (and I've played long enough to get 100% and 1000/1000 gamerscore)

caswallawn_2k7
02-16-2008, 11:04 AM
you have to remember tho alot of game devs are calling the ps3 as it is ment to be insanly complex to make games for because of the cell and other things that sony made from scratch.

Vishal902
01-29-2018, 06:46 PM
My PS3 has the latest firmware. I'm playing the EU version on an EU console, and I don't have any other problems with other games.

I found this is a known problem, and happens on the US version as well:

http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/messa...sage.id=11731#M11731 (http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=assassinscreed&message.id=11731#M11731)

Following the report by people on that thread, I tried to load that assassination mission a few times, and finally it worked. I was quick to finish the mission so that the game would save at a point after it. Strange thing is that, as reported in the above thread, this always happens before an assassination mission (but not necessarily the same one!).

10 years later and the problem still remains the same, I also recently bought Assassin's Creed 1 on PS3 and mine freezes, loses sound here and there and gives me the "There's a problem with the disc..." error. My PlayStation 3 is on the latest software.