PDA

View Full Version : Gamestop not doing midnight release.

DeboDeuce
10-13-2007, 10:34 PM
I asked the guy today at gamestop when I pre ordered if I was able to come pick it up the night prior. He said they have no plans to release it on midnight so far. I'm guessing this game is not getting the media attention it should or promotion I expected it to be alot more popular than it is.

MrMoo333
10-13-2007, 10:40 PM
I bet they will! AC's media promotion keeps getting bigger and bigger

RetiredHatch
10-13-2007, 11:23 PM
No only big huuuuge games get midnight releases, Halo did, Madden did, NCAA doesn't =\ Consoles get Midnights 360,PS3,Wii, But only big huge games get midnights and AC can't be classified as a big game because it isn't a known game... if you walk up to a non-gamer and ask them about Halo they know what you're talking about but if you walk up to that same person and ask about Assassin's Creed you get a blatant "Huh?" as your answer even some gamers (I work at GameStop) when you ask them if they've heard of Asssassin's Creed they're like no http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif so it hasn't established itself as a huuuuuge franchise yet so it's not worth it to do a midnight release

MrMoo333
10-13-2007, 11:25 PM
Durn it!