PDA

View Full Version : Tell you secrets

jugent
04-05-2005, 04:25 PM
I fly most Spit, Mustang, P-47 and Zeke.

I try once and a while german planes but after flying a Spit its like moving from a sportcar to a SUV and driving on a raceway.

Anyway I havnt been to succesful in a LW-plane.
I think I got a score of 1:1.5 in a spit but if I flew more intelligent, the score would raise I think.

In a german plane my score is 3:1 and I think I fly more cunning in thoose planes, dont participate in "Gang-Baning", try B&Z etc etc. Many times I fly for 30 minutes without seeing a enemy. The most common way for me to be shoot down is that a P-51 runs up me in a dive.
A P-47 comes from high and behind, or a spit uses its "Zero-drag" and loops up on me when I climbed to soon and to steep after a B&Z attack.
I thought I crippled him with my nosegun, (tings fell off the airframe while I fired) that he couldnt make such manouvres.

But sometimes I get into surprise-situations and have been shoot down.

How do I deal with two P-51 or two P-47 at 4000 m in a FW-190A6 when I havnt hight-advantage.
How do I deal with a spit in a "nine O whine"G6 nosegun @ alt less than 2000 m when we meet head to head.

What is the convergence-distance of your guns.
How do you use the "WEP"?

What is the best climbspeed for german planes.

VW-IceFire
04-05-2005, 08:36 PM
If you don't have height advantage in a FW190...dive and run. Actually...thats true for any plane and its quadrupelly important if you're outnumbered.

In a 109 against a Spitfire, use high speed vertical loops. The Spitfire does better in horizontal.

WEP on 109s is used by engaging it while the throttle is at 0% or very low percentage. On FW190s (except the FW190D-9 and Ta-152H which use the 109 method) you can engage at any time.

p1ngu666
04-05-2005, 08:50 PM
g6 is worse than spit really, so u haveto abit lucky, but u can be surprisingly effective in the g6 or g6late http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

150 convergance works well on one oh whine http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

dieg777
04-05-2005, 09:38 PM
For guides on flying fw 190 see here

http://www.airwarfare.com/guides.htm

Try to avoid pure head to head -use 109s climb to try to gain E advantage- you wont be able to turn inside spit easily so have to gain E and use bnz tactics when possible

here is a link to a site with a lot of info on air-to-air tactics-

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/Tailspin/index.htm

I have found anything by andy bush to be very informative but also check out Vulchers notes

the 109s guns are best for me really close in- I set convergence at 250 but ususlly fire when under this until I need to break or ram bandit

WEP should be put on when revs are low or you will destruct engine quickly. either put wep on just after starting engine on ground and leave on - it will only activate at throttle greater than 100%.- or if air start then throttle back to 25% hit wep then throttle up

best climb speeds vary between models- the link above will give tips for FWs also check out Il2compaire which is a program that gives performance data on planes

see here http://www.airwarfare.com/Sims/FB/fb_essential_files.htm

under game data/editors

hope this helps

JR_Greenhorn
04-05-2005, 09:50 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jugent:
How do you use the "WEP"? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>To be quite honest, I rarely use WEP.

For me, it's a back of the mind thing; conditioning from real life that lives on in the game. Just like it isn't wise to hold a crisply-tuned 2-stroke wide open at load very long, the thought of stressing an engine to WEP levels doesn't sit well in the back of my mind.

I realize this carries no benefit in game, but habits die hard.

On a quasi-related note, I always get a kick out of the guys on forums that argue about using up the last little bit of an engine because the pilot "needs it." (I don't mean normal WEP schemes here)

By the way, I'm an offline flyer so none of my comments really matter.

F19_Ob
04-06-2005, 11:20 AM
I almost missed this thread.
Not a secret really but a thought out tactic to take advantage of the fact that most pilots shoot only at short ranges.

One trick I use often is to fire at distance in all situations and angles.
My main goal with that is to force my opponent to maneuver to avoid getting hit and lose Energy and thus give me time to get in a better position. Usually even a poor hit casues the enemy to react with evasive moves automatically.

In head-ons I see to it that I fire before the enemy and that gives me the upperhand on most occasions. I practice a lot on the difficult semi-head-ons(= almost headons) and as a result I often hit on those.
Most pilots in the game and in real life fire only on short ranges and thus the initiative goes to me.
If u want to do well onLongrange firing U have to practice all the time though because it demands a lot of calculating in the deflection part.
To shoot at a turning fighter at 300m is very different than on 600m or 800m.
On extreeme ranges like 800m U have to have a high rate of fire and flat trajectory, so for this I prefer the il-2.
There are certain situations where U can shoot on long ranges with lesser armament but for most fighters 600m is too far. With a great ammoload U may chance more often though.
A lucky hit is still a hit and may turn the tables.