PDA

View Full Version : The AI-opponents again

zugfuhrer
01-28-2004, 03:10 PM
I have made some tests and found out that the Lag 1943 flies faster than the Fw 190 1943 although that the FW should be faster at sealevel according to the documents in this game. I tried to dive out and run away but the Lag dived as fast as me 720km/h and keept his speed for longer time and finally flew faster than me at low level. The distance settled to 900 m and slowly reduced at aprox 10m/second.
Is it often so that the AI-planes got better top/divespeed than the humaanguided ones?
And why does it have to be this way?

zugfuhrer
01-28-2004, 03:10 PM
I have made some tests and found out that the Lag 1943 flies faster than the Fw 190 1943 although that the FW should be faster at sealevel according to the documents in this game. I tried to dive out and run away but the Lag dived as fast as me 720km/h and keept his speed for longer time and finally flew faster than me at low level. The distance settled to 900 m and slowly reduced at aprox 10m/second.
Is it often so that the AI-planes got better top/divespeed than the humaanguided ones?
And why does it have to be this way?

robban75
01-28-2004, 03:25 PM
I just had an interesting fight against a Yak-1B offline. I was flying a Fw 190D(of course). What's funny though is that the AI Yak kept doing really steep and long dives, from 4000m down 1500m, and then he would zoom up again, extend and then dive again. He was doing this over and over. I had at least 780km/h IAS in the D-9 just in order to try and catch him! It's probably the toughest offline fight I've ever had! That's how I want the Fw 190 AI to fight!

http://members.chello.se/unni/Dora-9-3.JPG

When it comes to aircombat, I'd rather be lucky than good any day!