PDA

View Full Version : Race With Brother

kiewmission
12-27-2009, 11:12 AM
Before I bring this completely frustrating and broken title back to the store and get my hard-earned money back, lets me ask this question:

I've read every thread on how to beat Ezio's brother in that race to the top of the church, and I can barely catch up to him. When I do, he he just wins at that moment. When the game loads the save point (Why the <span class="ev_code_RED">edit</span> a game like this has auto saves rather than a free-save system like Fallout is mind boggling)Ezio's brother is already up on the roof tops, enjoying a massive head start.

I just don't see how you catch up to him. Why am I having to resort to forums in the first couple parts of a game like this? And why, pray tell, in a game that forces save-points on me won't at the very least let me load in the previous save so that I can determine whether Ezio's brother got a head start because I was out of position and not standing EXACTLY hhere I was supposed to be when the race triggers.

This game's going back.
<span class="ev_code_RED">Please do not bypass the Language Filter</span>

Black_Widow9
12-27-2009, 12:20 PM
In order to restart a mission you have to go to the select menu and Abort Memory, that would let you restart it. Can you just not see your brother or you can't catch him? It may take a few tries. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

caswallawn_2k7
12-27-2009, 03:35 PM
this is really simple just head straight for the check point you don't need to follow your brother. if you totally ignore your brother and just go for the objective the only way you can lose is if you really don't know what your doing.

kiewmission
12-27-2009, 03:37 PM
Thanks for the how-to on restarting missions. What I did was restart the entire game, which at that point takes about 10 minutes or so. Then, I realized that Ezio's brother HAD gotten a head start because I was wandering around not going in the right direction at the start of the mission.

The second time around I was right there with him, it took 3 tries or so to beat him to the top. Of course I had the practice of doing it before, but in any event it was possible.

Thanks for the reply.

Xemik
12-29-2009, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by kiewmission:
The second time around I was right there with him, it took 3 tries or so to beat him to the top. Of course I had the practice of doing it before, but in any event it was possible.

Thanks for the reply.
My advice is, don't follow your brother. Just head straight for the church & start climbing. Holding :R1: (on PS3) will make you climb quicker.