PDA

View Full Version : Gamestops in Jersey City release Early?

Cryps1
11-14-2009, 02:31 PM
Reports from a site claim that several gamestop locations in Jersey City released Assassins Creed 2 and also Left 4 Dead 2 early. They claim that they requested permission from "higher ups" in Gamestop to have it released. It's also been reported that last week, several other gamestops in the US Northeast released Modern Warfare 2 prior to the set release date. What do you think about this?

Edit: Here is the site (http://kotaku.com/5404761/jersey-gamestops-break-street-for-assassins-creed-ii-l4d2)

caswallawn_2k7
11-14-2009, 02:59 PM
the MW2 early release was with permission of the developers due to lot's of smaller shop's in the area breaking street dates meaning the large changes that keep to dates loose loads of sales because of it.

L4D2 early is a bit pointless tho as it wont work till steam activates the copies on the 17th anyway, it makes no odd's if you have a disc or not it still wont work.

ProjectXigis
11-14-2009, 03:11 PM
Does anyone else think that the early release is "genius"? I was looking at Kotaku and everyone is congratulating GameStop on their "smart tactics".

It seems unfair to me...

Cryps1
11-14-2009, 03:18 PM
not sure if it is genius or not, but it will sure attract a lot of attention...Both Positive and Negative. I actually live about 40 minutes from Jersey City lol