PDA

View Full Version : Controls while hanging from edges

Centurion23
11-22-2011, 01:46 PM
Is it just me or are these controls still screwed u? Im mostly referring to the Hagia Sophia level when you are hanging form edges trying to jump behind you on chandeliers. I found myself dying far too many times because the camera is at such a weird angle I couldnt figure out the exact direction to hit the analog stick.

naran6142
11-22-2011, 02:20 PM
i get what you mean, sometimes the camera angle changes to quickly and ur holding the controls in the wrong direction

but i guess im just used to it, cuz i next die in the secret locations any more

deskpe
11-22-2011, 02:30 PM
jumping backward u needa let go of the left stick
dunno if this applies when ur legs isn't touching a wall

Artemis88
11-22-2011, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by deskpe:
jumping backward u needa let go of the left stick
dunno if this applies when ur legs isn't touching a wall

When your legs are touching the wall, you can let go of the analogue stick, but this only applies when you are trying to jump onto a chandelier behind you.

Sometimes, the camera automatically lines you up, all you have to do is press the correct buttons.

When shimmying (with your legs on the wall), all you have to do is hold the analogue stick in the correct direction.

The only things that apply to Ezio (when his legs aren't touching the wall) is:

- climbing up or down (possibly resulting in his legs touching the wall)

- shimmying to either the left or right (again, possibly resulting in his legs touching the wall)

Saqaliba
11-22-2011, 03:32 PM
I dislike how you try to to air tackle and he hooks over the edge. I figured away around this. It depends on what surface you stand upon. On a ledge he we do it from standing position. On a rooftop you must run along side the edge with the crowd in view rather than directly towards the edge. I have found this modification has slowed down movement in the game. Plus taking out the horse. I can travel quicker in Brotherhood than in Constantinople despite the ziplines, as enjoyable as they are. There is only one direction you can use them and specific locations. Whereas as horse can be called from any spot in a roof then air mounted and used to travel anywhere.

iN3krO
11-22-2011, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by Saqaliba:
I dislike how you try to to air tackle and he hooks over the edge. I figured away around this. It depends on what surface you stand upon. On a ledge he we do it from standing position. On a rooftop you must run along side the edge with the crowd in view rather than directly towards the edge. I have found this modification has slowed down movement in the game. Plus taking out the horse. I can travel quicker in Brotherhood than in Constantinople despite the ziplines, as enjoyable as they are. There is only one direction you can use them and specific locations. Whereas as horse can be called from any spot in a roof then air mounted and used to travel anywhere.

Where are u LightRey? Tell this guy to not seek faster ways but to enjoy the game *cough* *cough*...

Horses were needed in Ac1, 2 and B due tot he off-city places but in AcR there seems to be no off-city places making horse very frustatng to control (get and horse to cramped rome places :X).

I'm really loking foward to play using the ziplines, just hope it sounds a bit different from what i've seen from beta gameplay.... that kind of sound hurts me so much :X