PDA

View Full Version : A note about 100% sync...

Chaotic_Infinity
08-20-2011, 10:28 PM
...Repetition != difficulty.

I can understand the added challenges that add extra difficulty to the game. What ISN'T fun, and difficult, is having to redo the ENTIRE memory because you accidentally got injured during 1 part or you killed one too many guards. (Tank mission, I'm looking at you...)

/rant

Poodle_of_Doom
08-20-2011, 10:34 PM
Yeah, I though it was Bull too...

Calvarok
08-20-2011, 10:48 PM
What would be cool is for a harder difficulty mode to be unlocked for all memories and free-roam after completing the game. And you should be able to restart from a checkpoint to keep trying to get full synch.

Animuses
08-20-2011, 10:54 PM
@Calvarok
I like the sound of that. It wouldn't interfere with the 100% synch of the game, but it gives the players some kind of added goal.

NewBlade200
08-20-2011, 11:18 PM
I still don't get how I can kill 2 civilians and still get 100% sync, but yeah. Having to re-do the mission because I bumped into a pile of gunpowder that was just lying around made me tear my hair out.

ace3001
08-20-2011, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by Calvarok:
And you should be able to restart from a checkpoint to keep trying to get full synch. Lack of this is the biggest flaw of ACB. Hope they fixed it in ACR.

Calvarok
08-20-2011, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by NewBlade200:
I still don't get how I can kill 2 civilians and still get 100% sync, but yeah. Having to re-do the mission because I bumped into a pile of gunpowder that was just lying around made me tear my hair out.
I guess if you killed two civilians it's because Ezio was forced to kill two when he actually lived that event. : )

kriegerdesgottes
08-20-2011, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by kolitha.kuruppu:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Calvarok:
And you should be able to restart from a checkpoint to keep trying to get full synch. Lack of this is the biggest flaw of ACB. Hope they fixed it in ACR. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes definitely. Also I don't think having SEQUENCE FAILED in big red letters is necessary either. Also Please Please stop putting timed crap into games. I hate time limits! I don't mind the "kill this guy with the hidden blade" stuff but I hate the kill all these guys in 3 minutes. You can't enjoy something if you're trying to rush it.

Calvarok
08-20-2011, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by kriegerdesgotte:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kolitha.kuruppu:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Calvarok:
And you should be able to restart from a checkpoint to keep trying to get full synch. Lack of this is the biggest flaw of ACB. Hope they fixed it in ACR. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes definitely. Also I don't think having SEQUENCE FAILED in big red letters is necessary either. Also Please Please stop putting timed crap into games. I hate time limits! I don't mind the "kill this guy with the hidden blade" stuff but I hate the kill all these guys in 3 minutes. You can't enjoy something if you're trying to rush it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Definately. The speed that they want you to complete certain missions often directly contradicts what it seems like Ezio took the time to do, like collect all the flags, kill guards, and free-run across things that you would DEFIANTELY have to analyze before you went leaping all willy nilly.

Jamison_J_B
08-20-2011, 11:53 PM
Ah yes the tank mission, man that was a pain. I used alot of choice language and threw my gamepad around the house with that mission...the memories...

My best input is.. the more I played Brotherhood, the easier it got. I would memorize what would happen and when. Also use the multiple kill ability, be fast and observant.

The tank mission...if you leave the empty tank alone, then the AI will not fire on you when the tank is in their field of fire. Use that to your advantage.

LightRey
08-20-2011, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by NewBlade200:
hehe, good point. Speaking of killing civilians, I found it very annoying about ACII and ACB that civilians could so easily be seen as targets that I could be aiming for a guard and instead double assassinate 2 civilians.

ace3001
08-21-2011, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by kriegerdesgotte:

Also Please Please stop putting timed crap into games. I hate time limits! I don't mind the "kill this guy with the hidden blade" stuff but I hate the kill all these guys in 3 minutes. You can't enjoy something if you're trying to rush it. Oh, that totally kills the fun. Having to rush around places like Halls of Nero = not pleasant.

LightRey
08-21-2011, 12:06 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kriegerdesgotte:

Also Please Please stop putting timed crap into games. I hate time limits! I don't mind the "kill this guy with the hidden blade" stuff but I hate the kill all these guys in 3 minutes. You can't enjoy something if you're trying to rush it. Oh, that totally kills the fun. Having to rush around places like Halls of Nero = not pleasant. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
So true.

Calvarok
08-21-2011, 12:36 AM
Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NewBlade200:
hehe, good point. Speaking of killing civilians, I found it very annoying about ACII and ACB that civilians could so easily be seen as targets that I could be aiming for a guard and instead double assassinate 2 civilians. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why do people keep referencing only AC2 and B when they say that? AC1 had just as much priority for civilian assassinations.

ace3001
08-21-2011, 12:50 AM

Why do people keep referencing only AC2 and B when they say that? AC1 had just as much priority for civilian assassinations. I guess it's the fact that in AC1, mistakenly killing a civilian is not a big problem as it'll only just reduce a sync block which is no big deal. But in AC2 and B, coupled with double assassinations, you kill 2 civilians at once by mistake, BAM!

LightRey
08-21-2011, 12:57 AM

Why do people keep referencing only AC2 and B when they say that? AC1 had just as much priority for civilian assassinations. I guess it's the fact that in AC1, mistakenly killing a civilian is not a big problem as it'll only just reduce a sync block which is no big deal. But in AC2 and B, coupled with double assassinations, you kill 2 civilians at once by mistake, BAM! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Not only that, I also accidentally assassinated civilians much more often in ACII and ACB than I did in AC1. This is mainly because in AC1, if you had actually targeted someone, you couldn't use the hidden blades to assassinate someone, while that wasn't the case anymore in ACII and ACB.

ProdiGurl
08-21-2011, 06:05 AM
As a total noob to ACB a month ago, I can honestly say that on my first run, I was throwing raging tantrums at some of the synchs.

I had to go to alot of Youtube walkthru's to figure out what to do/where to go...
& those 8 minute timed synchs in the Romulus Lairs were just crap & I complained on a few vids that they need to offer a choice of skill levels for normal players.

While it was way too hard for me my first time (enough so that if the storyline wasn't as good, music & graphics so awesome & love of Ezio's character that I grew fond of quickly - I would of pulled the game out & quit), it sounds like it was too easy for advanced gamers.

I don't think you can equally balance skill levels without annoying one or the other [or both] levels of gamers out there.
Hope that made sense.

@ LightRey - I had the same problem w/ civilian slaughter. Mostly when that group randomly comes out from nowhere to attack you & then guards hop in - civilians are mingled in there.

ProdiGurl
08-21-2011, 06:11 AM
Ya that tank mission - good luck. I just took the 50% synch and walked away. lol It wasn't impossible until you got into that last part when you're in the same area with them.

SupremeCaptain
08-21-2011, 07:57 AM
I absolutely hate those synch missions.

Like that Banker (I think) at the party, I was thinking of many ways to kill him, then the game tells me to kill him from a bench. I just think **** it and killed him my own way, then the game tells me, with big red letters "100 SYNCH FAILED". You would not believe how mad I got.

A game which encourages freedom makes you do what the game wants you do, and when you do what you want they put you down and say you failed. Nice job Ubi, nice job.

Poodle_of_Doom
08-21-2011, 08:14 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NewBlade200:
I guess if you killed two civilians it's because Ezio was forced to kill two when he actually lived that event. : ) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't get me wrong, but when people use that as an excuse, it seems like one hell of a cop out to me, becuase any other time, the game would say Ezio did not kill civilians.

Chaotic_Infinity
08-21-2011, 08:23 AM
Also, if anybody has the Aqueduct templar mission, if you knock out the miners with your fists, if you pick them up and put them down again, that counts as "killing" them.

...Yeah.

ace3001
08-21-2011, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by Crushdag:
Also, if anybody has the Aqueduct templar mission, if you knock out the miners with your fists, if you pick them up and put them down again, that counts as "killing" them.

...Yeah. Even if they fall off somewhere of their own accord and die while Ezio is in the vicinity, it still counts as a kill... o.O

ProdiGurl
08-21-2011, 09:04 AM
Like that Banker (I think) at the party, I was thinking of many ways to kill him, then the game tells me to kill him from a bench. I just think **** it and killed him my own way, then the game tells me, with big red letters "100 SYNCH FAILED". You would not believe how mad I got.

The Banker mission is one of my favs - I loved killing him from the bench w/ the hidden blade.

The ones I like least are the timed ones and esp. ones that you're forbidden to kill anyone at all - just remain undetected.
Grrrrrrr.

ProdiGurl
08-21-2011, 09:06 AM
There's one thief side mission I won't do - it's all timed Leaping and running. I made the mistake of accepting that one the first run-through and won't do it again. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/compsmash.gif

naran6142
08-21-2011, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by ProdiGurl:
There's one thief side mission I won't do - it's all timed Leaping and running. I made the mistake of accepting that one the first run-through and won't do it again. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/compsmash.gif

yeah i remember you saying that you haven't played AC2. in Ac2 there were race challenges and they threw a few into ACB. i don't care for them much either

now about full sync, my biggest problem with it was the big "FAIL" that came up, i could live with it if that wasn't there.

Ureh
08-21-2011, 11:05 AM
I don't have a problem with the 100% sync conditions in ACB and wasn't bothered if it said I failed. They are like in-game trophies and are designed to be highly doable after hundreds of hours of playtesting.

Timed assassinations make sense because if it was a real assassination you wouldn't be standing there trying to take your time. Instead it tests how well you can adapt and form strategies in a set amount of time.

What I didn't like at all was when they made the chases easier. Your target would actually wait for you!

They need to focus on improving the actual combat gameplay and increasing the difficulty.

ProdiGurl
08-21-2011, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by naran6142:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ProdiGurl:

yeah i remember you saying that you haven't played AC2. in Ac2 there were race challenges and they threw a few into ACB. i don't care for them much either

now about full sync, my biggest problem with it was the big "FAIL" that came up, i could live with it if that wasn't there. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

lol ya, I must have said the same things 20 times by now, but I wasn't sure who read what and theinfo pertained to my replies . . sorry about that again.

But you have no idea how Xcited I am to play that next & get the details on this story. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif I'm 3/4 done w/ my 2nd ACB run through - having a much easier time of it and enjoying it so much more without the fits of rage http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/icon_twisted.gif haha.

I can see now how the sync's help the game, but as a novice never playing AC before, it's beyond frustrating.
The ones I hate are the fails where it won't desync for you or won't let you die - you have to keep a fail unless you literally restart the memory again from scratch. It gets SO tedious and annoying.

Ureh: >> I don't have a problem with the 100% sync conditions in ACB and wasn't bothered if it said I failed. <<
That's how I got after trying that 8 minute Romulus Lair - at one point I decided to quit caring or I might need to be committed to a mental hospital =)~

Once you can be ok with that, the games so much greater imo.
If I wasn't in such a hurry to get to ACII, I might even go back & try to make the 8 minutes or get back in Leo's UFO tank and have another go.

Animuses
08-21-2011, 12:11 PM
The 100% synch is frustrating to most and takes away what little freedom you have. If they don't take it away for Revelations, at least have an on/off switch and not make it count towards 100% synch of the whole game.

Black_Widow9
08-21-2011, 02:29 PM
Please use the Find button to search for previously created Topics.
Thanks http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

<span class="ev_code_RED">Topic Closed</span>