PDA

View Full Version : I-85 WOW!!

Bearcat99
04-14-2005, 09:55 PM
I just flew one against 4 G6s... (I must admit they were average AI... but still.... ) Man.. that is a hot little plane!!!!

Badsight.
04-14-2005, 10:51 PM
try Human http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

seriously its a great plane for the VVS in 42 . works better in multiples on multiples than 1 on 1

& isnt that cockpit just awesome . Theres some fantastic skins made for it

during the war it was the 82A model that saw some combat , not the powerfull -71 version , that version (-71) never flew , was planned ,but didnt get made

x__CRASH__x
04-14-2005, 11:00 PM
They are a favorite in arcade servers. They do everything well. Climb, speed, turn, and deadly accurate 20mm laser beams x3.

But they aren't historically sound. So a lot of more serious servers leave it out. But it's still a fun, easy plane to fly.

LEXX_Luthor
04-15-2005, 12:46 AM
Yough Bear, its an interesting find over the FB. um...I think I~85 really should be 1943 plane for theoretical frontline service start. It was frontline tested late 1942, so don't always go by dates given in the game....google it.

Its very historically sound, just compare our "pro" internet server http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/34.gif Gamers to the real Pilots who flew 85 and the Engineers who designed it. Those are the impressive people.

F19_Ob
04-15-2005, 04:52 AM
Try the Mig3 U...Its not too different exept slghtly in turn.
Olli and I used to BnZ bf109's with it online.
Many dont realise how good this fighter is with its two 20mm cannons it complements the La5 or yaks and can give the 109's a hard time since it outspeeds it.

I-85 is a fun addition and really helps to keep the balance online when outnumbered.
People doesn't seem to get more kills in it but they stay alive longer.
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Atomic_Marten
04-15-2005, 07:09 AM
MiG3U is monster plane.. faster than early LA3/LA5s, and with similar equipment. But must say that this type also wasn't widely produced (according to object viewer in game, that is).

JG52Karaya-X
04-15-2005, 08:01 AM
IIRC only 6 Mig3U (as in the game) were produced...

However some "normal" Mig3s were retrofitted with 2xShVak cannons and were then also named "Mig3U"

tigertalon
04-15-2005, 08:17 AM
Guys, it is I-185, not I-85. Confusion is probably because of letter I, similar to number 1.

However, I find this planes very good in all respects and best in none, that is why it is better on multi-multi combat (like Fw190). And better keep it low, those M-71 or M-82 really loose breath up higher than 4k. Yesterday I got 8 of them in a row (on GER-DED server), just by luring them high up with my Fw190A5, where I could outperform them.

F19_Ob
04-15-2005, 12:36 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Atomic_Marten:
MiG3U is monster plane.. faster than early LA3/LA5s, and with similar equipment. But must say that this type also wasn't widely produced (according to object viewer in game, that is). <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes your right. Many aces who flew the mig3 thought highly of its performance but the engine was to unreliable and could quit if it had been pushed in the sortie before.
No one wanted that and they grounded it.
On the other hand many german planes faulted in russian conditions and at some stage it was really bad.
Dont know much about it yet but as u may know the 109G's had its unreliable period with engines bursting to flames.

RedNeckerson
04-15-2005, 01:01 PM
I-85 is over rated.

I mean, one person gat's a flat tire and the thing backs up for miles.

Enforcer572005
04-15-2005, 02:07 PM
heh, heh, I thought what you wrote....used to drive it twice a day until I realized it was really hell and moved to Marietta, the land of no left turns.

I don't think our European friends may realize the unorganized, poorly engineered, lethal and insane road system in the greater Atlanta area.