PDA

View Full Version : Thanx for the ESCAPE feature!

SeaFireLIV
06-17-2005, 06:34 PM
It`s June 1944 and I`m fighting deep over enemy territory on Lvov. After being mauled by 109s toting mk108 cannons, many of our flight were shot down. I was hit and my engine quit. I found a patch of green among the dense forest and headed for it...

But my heart sank, I`ve been flying and fighting for half an hour and now I`ll be captured, the escape feature is quite tight and rarely lets you get away...

I had one of the longest crashlandings I can remember, barely missing the edge of the forest and jumped out. A 109 strafed and destroyed my LA5fn. I ran and jumped to the ground...

Was I captured?

Back on debrief I was able to continue to the next mission. So somehow I`d trekked from Nizhnie Varota in the deep South, through the trees, avoiding German troops, etc all the way back to friendly lines! This would have been quite a few miles, but exactly what I read Russian pilots doing to get back after being shot down. My time had not been wasted.

I guess this is a long way of saying THANKS FOR THE ESCAPE FEATURE, OLEG! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

SeaFireLIV
06-17-2005, 06:34 PM
It`s June 1944 and I`m fighting deep over enemy territory on Lvov. After being mauled by 109s toting mk108 cannons, many of our flight were shot down. I was hit and my engine quit. I found a patch of green among the dense forest and headed for it...

But my heart sank, I`ve been flying and fighting for half an hour and now I`ll be captured, the escape feature is quite tight and rarely lets you get away...

I had one of the longest crashlandings I can remember, barely missing the edge of the forest and jumped out. A 109 strafed and destroyed my LA5fn. I ran and jumped to the ground...

Was I captured?

Back on debrief I was able to continue to the next mission. So somehow I`d trekked from Nizhnie Varota in the deep South, through the trees, avoiding German troops, etc all the way back to friendly lines! This would have been quite a few miles, but exactly what I read Russian pilots doing to get back after being shot down. My time had not been wasted.

I guess this is a long way of saying THANKS FOR THE ESCAPE FEATURE, OLEG! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

FltLt_HardBall
06-17-2005, 08:46 PM
Ha, I was doing a Dgen Singapore mission yesterday and my wingman got shot down over friendly lines. When I got back to the briefing screen he was listed as MIA! Those front lines must move fast!