PDA

View Full Version : Ying and Yang

rak9up
04-14-2011, 09:57 PM
Am I the only person who thinks for every ability or way to kill there should be a counter. For instance if someone uses charge you have mute to counter...great. But UBISOFT what about all the other abilities? Like firecrackers maybe come up with sunglasses, for gun maybe have bullet proof vest, for Smoke bomb maybe a gas mask ability, for poison add an antidote ability.
Adding some new abilities sure would live'n up the game. If someone always hunts the same way every time, like hmmm using smoke and poison, and you wind up in a room with that person you can bring gas mask and antidote. It would then force them to find a different way to hunt and kill. Wow UBISOFT strategy? (inconseevable). Having these new abilities would require you to be a well rounded assassin not letting individuals stagnate or overuse certain abilities all the time. It would definantly add new life to the game.
You see UBISOFT the problem is currently the counter for gun...RUN, the counter for firecracker...RUN, the counter for poison...RUN.
UbISOFT do you see a pattern?
Sheriff Farley, just to refresh the court's memory, what is one of the main complaints of many of the veteran players here on ACB its "rabbiting". The defense rests.

Serrachio
04-14-2011, 10:03 PM
And then, for those new abilities, what would counter those?

Right now, the current abilities are fine.

Edit: Also, it's Yin, not Ying.

Assassinine
04-14-2011, 10:12 PM
firecrackers counters firecrackers
being a good defensive player all but counters poison
gun has very few legitimate uses (strategy wise)

for someone who seemed so good at the game in the time ive played with you, this post disappoints me greatly, rak

SMSL
04-14-2011, 10:51 PM
Given I'm still a noob, I'm still forming an opinion about those issues and that opinion can and will be severely biased due to how badly I play, but for the sake of debate, I'll try to show what looks to me as the other side of the coin.

I think more abilities can make sense only if one had more than 2 per profile, though people would rabbit anyway. I mean, with 2 ability slots, what's the use of wasting one with antidote, if the player who got close enough to poison you can knife you just as easily when he gets the message the poison was countered?...

Originally posted by rak9up:
You see UBISOFT the problem is currently the counter for gun...RUN, the counter for firecracker...RUN, the counter for poison...RUN.
For each successful assassination on you, you might not know how many times you were seen but not killed by circumstance. I've seen people countering my gun without running, they didn't even know I was there, it was still on cooldown and they walked past a wall when it was finally ready. I've countered firecrackers by simply smashing the stun button like crazy and hopefully get the guy before he could figure which one was me. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. And I can't say I ever ran from poison because, this far, when I get to be poisoned, I don't even know where they got me 8( And if I don't even know that, whoever poisoned me could easily knife me out in case I could resist it.

Just to say all the abilities have cooldowns, it's not like someone will walk the avenue poisoning every single player crossing their way, or gunning them.

I never even used poison, I prefer the gun to avoid chases because I'm even worse steering my character at full speed than playing as a whole, if that's even possible, but that grants me a kill now and a kill much later, time in between targets will escape me due to distance a bunch of times, it's not like I'll annihilate the whole map due to being the one with a gun, and I even get low kill scores because the damned thing makes noise.

So, if you ask me, the best counter all those abilities have is the cooldown. And knowing where the enemy is. And it's not like a bulletproof vest would prevent roof running, hell, if I knew no gun could shoot me, that's when I'd happily run all over the tiles! ... crappy steering and all ^^

rak9up
04-15-2011, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by Assassinine:
firecrackers counters firecrackers
being a good defensive player all but counters poison
gun has very few legitimate uses (strategy wise)

for someone who seemed so good at the game in the time ive played with you, this post disappoints me greatly, rak

I guess my point was missed. When you play as much as I do you see the same people hunting the same way all the time. Its not that I can't counter now with what I already have but my suggestion would more easily force people to change hunting styles during a game(requiring a a greater variety of kill styles during a game). I'm just trying to make the game better. Yes I realize the gun has very few legitimate uses (strategy wise) 1. To thin an organized group make it 3 on 4 before your team gets close to kill to prevent stun camping. 2.to get a mid air shot for extreme variety. 3. Kill an annoying rabbit. 4.**** off a player you don't like

But like in the case of poison if you know a certian player always sets up for a 2X and likes to bring in poison all the time for his "high dollar kill" antidote means he can't do that anymore. My suggested changes would now force someone to hunt diferently and come up with a new way to win the game. As I adapt to him he would then have to then adapt to me.

AntiChrist7
04-15-2011, 10:49 AM
smoke bomb, charge, enough counters for me..

only the gun. i had it reguraly i hear the sound, run accros a corner, and yet get shot, in a way the bullet must have gone through the wall in order to hit me

Ragmarok99
04-15-2011, 12:59 PM
the counter for poison is simple stun your pursuer first both have the same range(and sometimes i think the stun range is bigger than the poison range, since i was stunned a few times smashing the poison button only to get the message: you need to be close to your target to poison(and i had them locked on)

Ragmarok99
04-15-2011, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by AntiChrist7:
smoke bomb, charge, enough counters for me..

only the gun. i had it reguraly i hear the sound, run accros a corner, and yet get shot, in a way the bullet must have gone through the wall in order to hit me

y i got hit a few times trough walls, either it's lag or the gun is bugged

Starsfan1009
04-15-2011, 01:04 PM
It's similar to occurrences on CoD when you see in the final kill cam that somebody sprays bullets, but the person is actually off-screen when he dies, yet the blood comes out of nowhere. All MP games will have some lag at one point or another.

utriej
04-15-2011, 01:18 PM
First off, Rak9up you are a tough tough competitor. Hate having you in my lobbies.

Just chimed in to ask a stupid question...What is rabiting? Different from Turtling?

AntiChrist7
04-15-2011, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by Ragmarok99:
the counter for poison is simple stun your pursuer first both have the same range(and sometimes i think the stun range is bigger than the poison range, since i was stunned a few times smashing the poison button only to get the message: you need to be close to your target to poison(and i had them locked on)

yeah i have been stun also quite a few times when i wanted to poison someone. that together with team mates stealing the kill has made me drop it for charge.

monkeyuncle8
04-15-2011, 01:29 PM
for firecrackers, just drop a smoke and knock them out, for the gun, run like hell when you hear the lock sound or knock them out

and I dont think that word means what you think it means (please get the ref)

Rawbbeh
04-15-2011, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by rak9up:
Am I the only person who thinks for every ability or way to kill there should be a counter. For instance if someone uses charge you have mute to counter...great. But UBISOFT what about all the other abilities? Like firecrackers maybe come up with sunglasses, for gun maybe have bullet proof vest, for Smoke bomb maybe a gas mask ability, for poison add an antidote ability.
Adding some new abilities sure would live'n up the game. If someone always hunts the same way every time, like hmmm using smoke and poison, and you wind up in a room with that person you can bring gas mask and antidote. It would then force them to find a different way to hunt and kill. Wow UBISOFT strategy? (inconseevable). Having these new abilities would require you to be a well rounded assassin not letting individuals stagnate or overuse certain abilities all the time. It would definantly add new life to the game.
UbISOFT do you see a pattern?
Sheriff Farley, just to refresh the court's memory, what is one of the main complaints of many of the veteran players here on ACB its "rabbiting". The defense rests.

Gas Masks? Bullet Proof Vests? Sunglasses? You do realize this game takes place around 500 years ago, right? Like.. before any of that was invented? I can see Bullet Proof Vests. But it'd be more like a Suit of Armor. And if you want to wear it, you can't run, and you can't climb while it's "activated." That doesn't sound fair, does it?

The point of the game is to stealthfully (sp?) assassinate people. Not to go out Guns a' blazin' killing everything in sight. This isn't CoD (And I thank the maker for that, daily.). If you're caught, of course you're going to run. Run, go into a crowd, and use decoy, or something. I use decoy all the time. Why? Because people fall for it. ALL the time.

Gas Mask... What? You going to put a rag around your mouth? Okay. You only have one free hand. That means stuns beat assassinate then, since they have two free hands.

Sunglasses. Okay, at night, you're blind as crap. But that's still unbalanced. Running is an effective manuever.

I also can't see the use for antidote. It would be unbalanced, as an ability. It would only help you against poison, and not help get kills. Even the defensive abilities helps you get kills, one way or the other.

I'm a cynic. I also love to break down everything and point out the flaws (it's why people don't go with me to the movies anymore). I'm not trying to flame, troll, or anything. I'm just trying to help you see the balance. Good try for suggestions, though.

P.S. Like meantioned above, what is "rabitting?"

EDIT: I do agree, for the record, that poison does need a slight change; if you're busy coughing, I doubt you're going to be free to poison someone. I can't stand the fact that people can poison during a smoke bomb. I do it, yeah. But it still bugs the crap out of me.

Ragmarok99
04-15-2011, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by AntiChrist7:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ragmarok99:

yeah i have been stun also quite a few times when i wanted to poison someone. that together with team mates stealing the kill has made me drop it for charge. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

team mates stealing the kill are less of an issue for me since i rarely use poison in team modes without some one i know or with a random guy that i see that he actualy knows what hes doing

obliviondoll
04-15-2011, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by utriej:
Just chimed in to ask a stupid question...What is rabiting? Different from Turtling?
Rabbit = bolt at first sign of trouble.

Turtle = ultra-defensive blend spot camping.

But on-topic...

Every ability can be countered with the proper use of other abilities.

FC, Mute, Smoke, Charge - all counter one another/themeselves with proper use.

The Gun is directly countered by Knives - pursuer starts to line up a shot, Knife them, and their aim is cleared, gives you time to break line of sight and re-blend somewhere they can't line up a shot on you so easily.

rak9up
04-15-2011, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by utriej:
First off, Rak9up you are a tough tough competitor. Hate having you in my lobbies.

LMAO

Sorry I'm not an english teacher..I usually run with the officer

MidniteProphet
04-23-2011, 03:43 AM
What up Rak?

I understand what you mean but there's already counters with the abilties...

firecracker?....templar vision

Charge?...a well timed mute or smokebomb

knife?...charge or sprintboost

gun?...firecracker..(it's blinds the opponent and erases the ability to see locks so the shooter will think their lock is gone for a few seconds....

Poison?...mute

sprintboost?...knife or gun

and so on...

Leather_Knight
04-23-2011, 04:41 AM
Rak is right about mixing up abilities, though. You come in with your team, against another team that you seem to run into over and over again, and the match seems...bland. Try to sneak in (we all know you're coming), get a few kills or lay on the ground for a while. You know smoke, mute, and charge are going to be coming from defensive (with the occasional flash-bang), and you know if your capability to stun has magically left you, you have been poisoned (or sometimes just magically leaves you). I've recently been switching up my abilities, and poison has become more of a problem than a helpful ability, as for some reason people think that it is an alright ability in the middle of a mess of smoke/mute/fireworks. Knives I am learning to love (keeps the rabbit down and allows your teammate to kill without a full chase), and guns, well, those are there to **** my opponents off, or simply make them think that their demise is near (don't pull the trigger and keep letting them hear that focus noise). Furthermore, keeping the rabbits off of the roofs has seemed to be my job as of late, so knives, guns, or sprint boost have become my friend, even though they (except knives) produce low quality kills. Team players compliment each other with their abilities. Have someone drop a strong smoke or firework off the roof to split your opponents. Have a team player that patrols the roof. Let your teammate take the kills instead of getting angry about streak bonus. My new motto is knives are for sharing, so let that poor little bunny limp away from your friends...they won't get far...