PDA

View Full Version : IL-1946 or Forgotten Battles Gold + PF?

rat0a
03-04-2007, 08:27 AM
Greetings

First of all great community you guys have around here

Anyway I used to fly CFS1 and CFS2 back in the day
in hard mode but after that I got more interested in FPS (tactical ones R6, GR, SWAT etc)

Never got into IL2... downloaded the demo after CFS2 was released and dint liked that much

I started to watch dogfight on History channel
and got nostalgic lol

So I researched and to my surprise IL2 is alive and well and most CFS pilots moved to this one

My question is which should I get????
I know 1946 is the best deal but from my own
experience compilations ALWAYS lacks in documentation and to me thats very important with simulators

I can get FB Gold for US $18 and PF for 15
almost the same price as IL 1946 (I know
1946 have add-ons and bonuses)

Also from what I read in this forum most people are using saiteks 52... back in the day most hard core pilots where using MS FF2 which I own (It's dusty but I think its working..... been ages
nowdays it seem hardcore pilots are using independent TT and pedals.

Zeus-cat
03-04-2007, 08:52 AM
If you play exclusively offline you could get FB Gold and PF and be happy. However, I thoroughly recommend (as almost everyone else here will too) that you get 1946. 1946 will allow you to play online, and everything that has been made for this sim offline.

I also have an MS FF2. Great stick!

rat0a
03-04-2007, 09:02 AM
Zeus,
Thanks for the fast reply

But what about documentation??? are FB Gold+PF
better in this department???? I'm planing on casual online gaming.... hard decision

VW-IceFire
03-04-2007, 09:47 AM
All of them lack documentation. So you're "screwed" either way. The manuals that came with each of them are very thin.

If you want aircraft data Wikipedia is a good place to go.

Actually IL-2 1946 is probably the best with a PDF on the DVD that has information and pictures of every cockpit with a label for the gauge so the compilation is better in this respect too.

IL-2 1946 all the way man.

rat0a
03-04-2007, 10:08 AM
I see....

I remember with other simulators when I have to digest a 300 pages book

XyZspineZyX
03-04-2007, 01:06 PM
Ah, the good old days

get 1946 and then you won't have to worry about silly patch sequences, why you don;t have some aircraft or maps, and you'll be on the same page as everyone else

Zeus-cat
03-04-2007, 02:54 PM
There is a pdf file (459 pages) in the main menu that has info on all the planes. The info is very basic, such as what all the gauges mean and where they are at in the cockpit. It also tells you the best way to use the aircraft and what type of engine(s) it has and supercharger altitudes. It does not tell you the specific speed the plane can fly at a specific altitude.