PDA

View Full Version : Replay Inaccuracies

Haigotron
02-27-2006, 06:41 PM
Its been very strange lately, but ever since the new patch...my replay timing are all off, my plane shoots where there was no plane (I clearly remember shooting at something), does some weird jerking moves and ends up crashing, even though I remember going back to base and landing!

2nd of all, ever since I patched, I cant seem to watch some of my older tracks http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif...

Coincidence? Or evil at work...
Maybe this Molson Beer will be the judge...

Cajun76
02-27-2006, 07:20 PM
Known issue. Tracks record input, not the actual "scenes", so a slight flight model change will interpret the old inputs in the updated physics differently. If you wish to see the old tracks, install a separate game patched to the version you took the track with. The movie makers http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif around here have to work around this all the time. They generaly do a good job, regardless. Hope this helps, good luck and

WTE_Ibis
02-28-2006, 12:47 AM
I have a track where I dive bomb and kill several vehicles yet the track clearly shows I had no bombs??

Cadet_Bobo
02-28-2006, 01:17 AM
It seems that in the replay if something happens to you or your target, a stray bullet causing damage, that didn't happen in the game when you played it, it alters the replay. I took a hit from a bomber rear gunner in the replay that damaged my ailerons that didn't happen in the game. Major alterations occured http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif I ran it again and it didn't happen, so the replay ran as I remembered the mission. In another, the plane I ended up fighting in the mission took damage from another AI plane before the encounter in the replay. So...he didn't show up and my plane went around shooting as if he were there. Weird, but it seems to work that way.

Bobo

major_setback
02-28-2006, 02:25 AM
Originally posted by Haigotron:
Its been very strange lately, but ever since the new patch...my replay timing are all off, my plane shoots where there was no plane (I clearly remember shooting at something), does some weird jerking moves and ends up crashing, even though I remember going back to base and landing!

2nd of all, ever since I patched, I cant seem to watch some of my older tracks http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif...

Coincidence? Or evil at work...
Maybe this Molson Beer will be the judge...

You saved your tracks in the wrong format!!
Quote from an earlier post (sorry, forgot who wrote this):

"I'm not sure about the missing 'save track' button, but there is a better way to save tracks anyway - 'saving track' at the end of the mission saves a .trk file, which for various reasons won't be able to be viewed by later patched versions (such as the upcoming 4.0). You want to save your tracks as .ntrk files, so they will be viewable within any version of the game.

The quickest way to do that is to assign a key in your control setup to 'quick start/stop track' (That's not exactly what it's called, but you'll find it). Then while you're flying, just hit the key once to start recording, and hit it again to stop. Your track wil be given the name quick0000.ntrk (sequentially...next one you record will be quick0001.ntrk) and saved in your 'records' folder inside the game folder. You can rename the tracks to whatever you want afterwards, of course."

.trk files are saved as records of the imputs on the plane (I believe), these have different effects on the planes after each patch, hence the fact that they don't fly the way they did....

I think that .ntrk files record the positions on the aircraft. These are stable after patching.

You can change the format by playing the track and saving in the appropriate manner: set a key (ex.'Q') in controls to record the track, and hit his during playback of your .trk file. It should be saved as 'quick0001.ntrk' or similar.

Your old .trk files will play in the older version of the game. If you have an older (pre-patch) version of the game you could try converting the tracks there (or do a seperate install and patch up to the last patch you had).

Copy the tracks from the 'records' folder (I think they√¬§re in that one) to the pre-patch version of FB/PF. They should play there. The tracks can be re-named in this folder.

Once you've changed the format to .ntrk they can be copied back to the latest version of the game where they should now work.

These days I always do a backup of the whole game before patching. That way I can always retrieve anything lost ie, tracks. I just save the whole FB folder (large!) to a seperate file in my documents, and run it using the .exe (the FB symbol) in that folder.

Haigotron
02-28-2006, 03:32 PM
hey thanks alot major setback that was some sweet insight!!!

you can now say, i have no more setbacks? (sarcastic cackle)

my god, hop in ur bf and strafe me please!