PDA

View Full Version : Item in trailer?

Altair661
10-11-2011, 12:50 PM
So the recent story trailer that I've watched probably 20 times, I finally noticed something. Now what some people have theorized being thee library in the trailer, or just a chamber in which one of the keys is held, there's something else inside.

1:40 (http://youtu.be/C2F2E1zhNZ0)

Go to 1:40 and when he enters and when he's also looking at the key, you can see a sliver of some type of item and it's glowing. Which means that you can pick it up. Now since it's in the chamber with a key, it seems pretty important. My best guess is a missing codex page or something like that. Some type of document.

What do you guys think it is? Is it important or pointless?

Also, that is not my youtube channel, it is Escoblades.

LightRey
10-11-2011, 12:53 PM
Omg, good eyes! That looks interesting.

Altair661
10-11-2011, 12:56 PM
Yeah if it wasn't for the very faint glow effect I probably wouldn't have found it. But what do you think it is?

playassassins1
10-11-2011, 12:56 PM
I noticed that too, but when i first saw that i thought it was pointless. It could be something important....Maybe a lever.

Windrius
10-11-2011, 01:02 PM
Some thingy. It's there also on 1:43....
>_> Looks like some paper or something.

SixKeys
10-11-2011, 01:05 PM
To me it looks like a sword attached to the statue. It could be a new "sword of Alta´r", from an era when he was already older and possibly had a different weapon forged.

JJTHoukes
10-11-2011, 01:07 PM
Screenshot. Click for bigger version.

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w28/jasterthymen/th_screenshot.png (http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w28/jasterthymen/screenshot.png)

Altough unclear in the above screenshots, in the video it was clearly a scroll of sorts.
What could possibly be written on it, I wouldn't know.

God knows how long it has been there.
It seems, to me, that it's too big to be a codex page, though. It's roughly the size of Ezio's ankle?

itsamea-mario
10-11-2011, 01:24 PM
That? I saw it too, I assumed it was some kind of pole for the seals, but it's a bit too big, oddly placed and I doubt it'd even be there.

So I don't know. Could be a scroll I suppose.

dewgel
10-11-2011, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by itsamea-mario:
That? I saw it too, I assumed it was some kind of pole for the seals, but it's a bit too big, oddly placed and I doubt it'd even be there.

So I don't know. Could be a scroll I suppose.

Oh that, that's just the ***** of Altair. Made of stone.

Haha, sorry, only kidding.. I don't know but I never noticed it glowing like a touchable thing. I suppose though, that scene in the trailer would be a normal gameplay scene, just from a different angle for the trailer.

itsamea-mario
10-11-2011, 01:35 PM
You do realise you have just ruined Altair for me don't you?

If it glows it doesnt mean you can pick it up, just that it can be interacted with.
Or perhaps it just glows.

JJTHoukes
10-11-2011, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by dewgel:
Oh that, that's just the ***** of Altair. Made of stone.

I heard that in Assassin's Creed: The third, Desmond will find it, and attach it to a baseball bat's handle, so he can use it as a weapon.

Assassin_M
10-11-2011, 02:39 PM
There are words written on the closing door with Old Altair too

JJTHoukes
10-11-2011, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by Assassin_M:

I was looking at that, too.
At that same door, there are the slots for the keys in what seems to be .. a horse?

Altair661
10-11-2011, 02:45 PM

Holy crap your right, except it's either in Arabic or some other language I don't know. If anyone could translate that...

Assassin_M
10-11-2011, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by Altair661:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Assassin_M:

Holy crap your right, except it's either in Arabic or some other language I don't know. If anyone could translate that... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Arabic and it means "do not betray he who trusts you" "????? ?? ??????"

LightRey
10-11-2011, 02:56 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Altair661:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Assassin_M:

Holy crap your right, except it's either in Arabic or some other language I don't know. If anyone could translate that... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Arabic and it means "do not betray he who trusts you" "????? ?? ??????" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Something tells me that's going to be the main theme of the Alta´r segments. Just like getting a "second chance" was the theme of the Christina memories.

JJTHoukes
10-12-2011, 10:42 AM
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w28/jasterthymen/th_book.png (http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w28/jasterthymen/book.png)

A book.
Not a second later, in the same scene, the book dissappeared.

What book is this?

Assassin_M
10-12-2011, 10:48 AM
Niccolo Polo`s Journal.
It details the life of Altair..

kriegerdesgottes
10-12-2011, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by ThyMolizzo:
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w28/jasterthymen/th_book.png (http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w28/jasterthymen/book.png)

A book.
Not a second later, in the same scene, the book dissappeared.

What book is this?

That is the book/journal written by Niccolo Polo that he wrote about Altair.

GsosolidNavy
10-12-2011, 12:35 PM
It's the last codex page.
Altair wrote one after the "one last glance" codex page we got to read in AC2.

LightRey
10-12-2011, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by GsosolidNavy:
It's the last codex page.
Altair wrote one after the "one last glance" codex page we got to read in AC2.
What? How do you know this?

CRUDFACE
10-12-2011, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Altair661:

Arabic and it means "do not betray he who trusts you" "????? ?? ??????" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Something tells me that's going to be the main theme of the Alta´r segments. Just like getting a "second chance" was the theme of the Christina memories. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Let's hope it doesn't end the same way then http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Weird, why would the book be down to just a page?

Assassin_M
10-12-2011, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by t260z:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:

Something tells me that's going to be the main theme of the Alta´r segments. Just like getting a "second chance" was the theme of the Christina memories. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Let's hope it doesn't end the same way then http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Weird, why would the book be down to just a page? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Dont worry it wont..
its bigger than anything http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Jexx21
10-12-2011, 02:02 PM
The book in Ezio's hands is the one Niccolo wrote. We've read it ourselves, as The Secret Crusade. That whole book 'The Secret Crusade' in real life actually takes place during the game when he's on the ship to Constantinople.

Now, Assassin M, are you saying that there are a bunch more Codex pages? I don't think UbiSoft appreciates the info leak. >.< (I personally would keep that kind of info to myself to be honest)

Assassin_M
10-12-2011, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by Jexx21:
The book in Ezio's hands is the one Niccolo wrote. We've read it ourselves, as The Secret Crusade. That whole book 'The Secret Crusade' in real life actually takes place during the game when he's on the ship to Constantinople.

Now, Assassin M, are you saying that there are a bunch more Codex pages? I don't think UbiSoft appreciates the info leak. >.< (I personally would keep that kind of info to myself to be honest)
I wasnt referring to the Codex Pages, I was referring to how the Game ends, and I wouldnt want the game spoiled for anyone do not worry http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

ShaneO7K
10-12-2011, 02:08 PM
These little leakage of info you're giving out is annoying when I don't have a clue where you're getting them from http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/compsmash.gif. And I'm wondering if you're allowed to be talking about them so openly on the forums?

Not taking a bash at you, just saying.

Assassin_M
10-12-2011, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by dead_gunner187:
These little leakage of info you're giving out is annoying when I don't have a clue where you're getting them from http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/compsmash.gif. And I'm wondering if you're allowed to be talking about them so openly on the forums?

Hmmmmm If I recall correctly I dont think I`v leaked anything nor spoiled anything for that matter, I have never openly stated an Ingame event such as the ending or the beginning, and I believe many will agree with me.

ShaneO7K
10-12-2011, 02:16 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dead_gunner187:

Hmmmmm If I recall correctly I dont think I`v leaked anything nor spoiled anything for that matter, I have never openly stated an Ingame event such as the ending or the beginning, and I believe many will agree with me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well that last one definetly hinted at what the ending involved, which I'm not going to start an argument over. It's just I would rather have sources than having to guess if what someone says is true or just a lie.

And there will be those that don't even want the ending hinted at, I'm just saying not trying to insult you here.

Assassin_M
10-12-2011, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by dead_gunner187:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dead_gunner187:

Hmmmmm If I recall correctly I dont think I`v leaked anything nor spoiled anything for that matter, I have never openly stated an Ingame event such as the ending or the beginning, and I believe many will agree with me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well that last one definetly hinted at what the ending involved, which I'm not going to start an argument over. It's just I would rather have sources than having to guess if what someone says is true or just a lie.

And there will be those that don't even want the ending hinted at, I'm just saying not trying to insult you here. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I just said that the ending was bigger than anything, seriously dont you know that already ?
and you dont have to believe me, or tire your mind with thought, its either you believe me or you dont there is no middle Option.
and Im sorry for any Inconvenience i may have caused to you or my forum colleagues "I always wanted to say this word :P"

Jexx21
10-12-2011, 02:26 PM
Eh.. do you know the length of the game, and the Altiar and Desmond sequences?

Assassin_M
10-12-2011, 02:27 PM
Eh.. do you know the length of the game, and the Altiar and Desmond sequences?
I believe everyone knows that by now :P

Jexx21
10-12-2011, 02:55 PM
O.O

how? UbiSoft never confirmed anything.

Serrachio
10-12-2011, 03:02 PM

And there will be those that don't even want the ending hinted at, I'm just saying not trying to insult you here. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I just said that the ending was bigger than anything, seriously dont you know that already ?
and you dont have to believe me, or tire your mind with thought, its either you believe me or you dont there is no middle Option.
and Im sorry for any Inconvenience i may have caused to you or my forum colleagues "I always wanted to say this word :P" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

People want to know information from an official source. Right now, things that you say aren't really credible, but you seem convinced that you are, so people wouldn't want to believe you unless you have an actual source to back up what you're claiming.

Assassin_M
10-12-2011, 03:03 PM
O.O

how? UbiSoft never confirmed anything.
Yes they did, cant quite remember where..

@Saracchio I said you dont have to believe me, did I tell you to believe me ? no

Jexx21
10-12-2011, 03:09 PM
They said they wouldn't confirm that when I tweeted them.

Assassin_M
10-12-2011, 03:14 PM
They said they wouldn't confirm that when I tweeted them.
really ? strange..

juancapuron
10-12-2011, 03:34 PM
I think the item is like a key like the scrols of romulus or the things in ac 2. Because it was said that in every mission you go to retrieve a seal they will be like the lairs and the assassin tombs, so maybe we will get an armor or something with that

Jexx21
10-12-2011, 03:39 PM
Maybe those robes Altiar are wearing as an old man?

Assassin_M
10-12-2011, 03:40 PM
Maybe those robes Altiar are wearing as an old man?
hmmmm to keep him Warm ? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

Jexx21
10-12-2011, 03:42 PM
I still want an Armor of Ezio or something.

Maybe Piri Reis will make us an Armor of Constantinople...

How much DO you know M? While I'm not gonna consider what you say absolute fact, I still want to know what you say you know :P

Assassin_M
10-12-2011, 03:43 PM

How much DO you know M? While I'm not gonna consider what you say absolute fact, I still want to know what you say you know :P
PM ?

rileypoole1234
10-13-2011, 02:04 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jexx21:

PM ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey M, can you PM me as well? I've always been wondering how much you know, and how you know it. No major spoilers please if you do PM me. I'm just interested is allhttp://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif.

Jexx21
10-13-2011, 02:20 PM
He should just invite you to the PM topic I had with him.

Altair661
10-13-2011, 02:22 PM
Im rather interested as well M, not about the ending, but where all this info is coming from. But either way, the object in the video is "something" right?

Jexx21
10-13-2011, 02:27 PM
honestly, I would love for M to just invite anyone else interested to the topic I had to see other people's questions and thoughts.

Assassin_M
10-13-2011, 02:29 PM
Present http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

So who wants what ?

dewgel
10-13-2011, 02:30 PM
honestly, I would love for M to just invite anyone else interested to the topic I had to see other people's questions and thoughts.

Can I join this too? Or can you PM me what information you've been told?

Assassin_M
10-13-2011, 02:31 PM
I cannot say everything I`v been told, It`ll go against my Principals of Loyalty and Trust I can however say little things that will not spoil any plot elements

Altair661
10-13-2011, 02:43 PM
I cannot say everything I`v been told, It`ll go against my Principals of Loyalty and Trust I can however say little things that will not spoil any plot elements

I just want to know to what extent the Altair missions will be, importance wise, in some recent interviews it seems as if Altair isn't getting enough attention. And if we'll see in detail what happens to him after he takes that "last look". Not necessarily what happens, just if we'll see it.

And if that item we've been talking about is in fact a codex page...or if you can't say, simply if it's important. That'll be enough for me.

Thanks! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Altair661
10-13-2011, 02:46 PM
Also, where you've been getting this. Is Ubisoft telling you? Not sound annoying or anything, I seen alot of your posts and trust you to a certain level...that's supposed to be a compliment :P

dewgel
10-13-2011, 02:52 PM

So how do you know such plot elements?

What's the start of the game like? Does it actually start off right from Leandros' charriet chase? PM please?

Tregun
10-13-2011, 04:43 PM
Present http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

So who wants what ?

Can i know in a PM who you're getting info from? no spoilers just curious as to what source has had this much exposure to the game already.

LightRey
10-13-2011, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by Altair661:
Also, where you've been getting this. Is Ubisoft telling you? Not sound annoying or anything, I seen alot of your posts and trust you to a certain level...that's supposed to be a compliment :P
He has connections.

Altair661
10-13-2011, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by LightRey:
He has connections. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It all makes sense now...